• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

A bold Cowboys trade for RGIII would save their season, his career...

Let me be 100% clear. I don't care what Griffin does. He had his chance and he wasn't big enough for the stage. The only fear I have is of him throwing another pass in B&G. I'm glad McCloughan is here too. But he didn't scheme the Rams, come up with the gameplans, coach up and motivate the players, or anything else directly impacting what happened on the field. But I know who did :)

Let me be 100% clear. I don't care what Griffin does. He had his chance and he wasn't big enough for the stage. The only fear I have is of him throwing another pass in B&G. I'm glad McCloughan is here too. But he didn't scheme the Rams, come up with the gameplans, coach up and motivate the players, or anything else directly impacting what happened on the field. But I know who did :)

and I know who arrived, stated how the team was going to be built, brought in the defensive players who won this game and basically had the last game won. that person didn't mince words or listen to some wet behind the ears on the "learning curve" ingenue. he told us what kind of team he was going to build. what kind of people he wanted. and then went out and started the process. everyone is free to hold an opinion. I'm thinkin there's a distinct difference in both commitment and outcome between this and..say.....some others...who say whatever their creative imagination conjures to realize their short-term goal of inking the deal - and then not delivering. every person, of course, sets their own standards for integrity and accountability.

btw...I can meet you half way: I think Callahan was spectacular calling the game as well! he'd make a great HC in the NFL again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to keep talking to you about football if you can't set aside your world view long enough to give credit where credit is due when it's obviously been earned. It's a waste of my time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Pokes want to send a high round pick (first) or two lower picks (second and fourth), then I am all for it.

Bottom line, I trust McCl.

Ship him if they come calling. He'll never be a starter again. Unfortunately the Pukes need a veteran type that can come in and drive the bus until Romo returns. They will definitely not want to mortgage what's left of the season by trying to fix all that is wrong with Robert.

I wouldn't piss on the cowbums gums if they were on fire!

Funny, if Griffin departs at the end of the year I expected Jones to try and sign him anyway.

Romo is 35 and their backup is 32.

Why not try and get something for him now?

The Redskins made a mistake in vesting that option because it is a major impediment to making a trade.

But Jones is another riverboat gambler like Snyder.

Jones signed Ryan Leaf, he also signed Drew Henson.

He can't stay away from former top prospects.

no not just no but hell no, and I have been on the record as saying with a good oline and a solid qb coach and oc with a brain, RG3 would be back on track. if he went to the cowboys and won a superbowl I would never watch nfl football as a redskins fan again.

I'm not going to keep talking to you about football if you can't set aside your world view long enough to give credit where credit is due when it's obviously been earned. It's a waste of my time.

with all due respect, what you are doing is working backwards from results to the assumptions you hold to be true.

the logic: P (good coaching by the HC) implies Q (win). Q (win) therefore P (good coaching by the HC). not the way it works.

aside from the real world fact that there is a whole range of possible causal relationships....we already know that the decision-making mechanism during a game is split among three individuals and that the run calls are made by callahan. now, there are individuals who are comfortable in simply accepting the logic you want some of us to adopt: win = good coaching by the HC. that formula, of course, doesn't explain many types of observable phenomena (e.g., HC with winning records being fired). it's a short-cut intended to solve other problems.

academic? yea. sure. but so is selling some grand generalization that masks the real complexity.

anywho, we can all agree that the outcome was a good one and leave the matter of who deserves the credit vice who is accountable for another time.

I don't have a worldview except **** Mara, **** Philly fans, and **** Dallas.

Will you talk with me?

with all due respect, what you are doing is working backwards from results to the assumptions you hold to be true.

the logic: P (good coaching by the HC) implies Q (win). Q (win) therefore P (good coaching by the HC). not the way it works.

aside from the real world fact that there is a whole range of possible causal relationships....we already know that the decision-making mechanism during a game is split among three individuals and that the run calls are made by callahan. now, there are individuals who are comfortable in simply accepting the logic you want some of us to adopt: win = good coaching by the HC. that formula, of course, doesn't explain many types of observable phenomena (e.g., HC with winning records being fired). it's a short-cut intended to solve other problems.

academic? yea. sure. but so is selling some grand generalization that masks the real complexity.

anywho, we can all agree that the outcome was a good one and leave the matter of who deserves the credit vice who is accountable for another time.

I watched Cowboys fans and media have the exact same rationalized arguments about Garrett. Particularly after brining in more assistants and giving up play calling responsibility. No matter how you slice it, the HC deserves credit for wins, and blame for loses. He isn't just some powerless figure head wandering around with no input in the game. You can refuse to give him any credit due to your dislike of him, but it is purely and transparently agenda driven. He's modified his system from a pass first to a run first game. I don't even care if he was forced to do it by the direction MCCl set. All that matters is that it is effective. How effective it will continue to be remains to be seen. He may crater as you hope. But he absolutely gets some credit when the team does well.

I give Gruden a lot of credit for getting us out of quicksand in the 3rd against the Rams. That was a bad spot and whether it was him or the players or other coaches or whatever, I'm giving him the credit. He did a nice job there.

I watched Cowboys fans and media have the exact same rationalized arguments about Garrett. Particularly after brining in more assistants and giving up play calling responsibility. No matter how you slice it, the HC deserves credit for wins, and blame for loses. He isn't just some powerless figure head wandering around with no input in the game. You can refuse to give him any credit due to your dislike of him, but it is purely and transparently agenda driven. He's modified his system from a pass first to a run first game. I don't even care if he was forced to do it by the direction MCCl set. All that matters is that it is effective. How effective it will continue to be remains to be seen. He may crater as you hope. But he absolutely gets some credit when the team does well.

yes...he does get some credit. but that's not the argument in play. and credit, as noted previously, is not the same as accountability.

and I can slice it. it gets done all the time. it's not a binary, all or none, measure.

Glad folks are standing up for the HC whose got "Marty Feldman Eyes"! there's something to be said for that.

take a breath, big man. Its a victory week...enjoy yourself :)

I'm pissed at Fewell. He really sold us a bill of goods, and maybe even lied when he was hired. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a liar.

He was hired in part because he was going to fix David Amerson. He failed! Miserably! Now watch Amerson go to the Cowboys and win a Superbowl.

He's a complete fraud as far as I'm concerned.

See how stupid that sounds? :)

Nice try McD. Except that Amerson has never done squat in the NFL.

Apples to oranges.

Gruden had a damn good game Sunday. That makes 1.

Here's to many more, :cheers:

Yeah, that's helpful.

Amerson has never done ANYTHING in the NFL. ANYTHING. Griffin turned in a historic rookie year, won the division, dragged the team to the playoffs, sacrificed his body for the team against Seattle, and because of that, decided he wanted to be more of a pocket passer. Whether you want to admit it or not, Gruden was brought in to help that transition. We can debate how much responsibility lies with Gruden and how much lies with Griffin, but the bottom line is that they both failed. Period. Failure.

Fewell was brought in to help the dreadful secondary, not to restore Amerson to some past level of greatness (which was non existent). Sorry, dumb analogy.

I believe every coaching candidate that wanted the Head coaching position would have been hired to groom Griffin. We had too much invested in him to suggest otherwise. Any coach hired would have come with the same scenario. A bunch of you thought we should have hired Fangio, and Barry was a questionable hire. I recall hearing Barry must have been a Gruden hire because...yada yada yada. If were winning all is forgiven right? Gruden, RG3 and ownership are always suspect when we go back to back with the cellar dweller teams in the league. I don't link Griffin and Gruden. Gruden made his bed with Cousins the honeymoon is over. It looks promising so far.

If/when the Phoenix (Griffin) rises from the ashes, I want it to be wearing the Burgundy & Gold.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.