• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Timeout before the 4th down play

Solitary Man

The Starter
Joe Gibbs Club Member
Reaction score
I thought this deserved it's own thread because it was such a crucial situation.
I was upset with Gruden and the coaches for doing this, especially since the resulting play looked anything but well prepared.

They may have had no choice.
I did not know this, but #86 checked himself out of the game after the 3rd down play. Since he was our best option all game, the coaches may have had to do this to get him the rest he needed to get back in for the 4th down play. Then #86 messes up the route. Throw in the absence of #86 in the blocking game, and it is starting to look more obvious why Niles Paul was named the starting TE.

I can't argue with you - Reed had several wtf moments last Sunday. It's worth mentioning though that he was also responsible for about half of the Redskins offensive production including the only TD (and the first successful fade pass TD I can remember in about a decade). He eliminates the mental mistakes, gets better at pass pro, and of course stays reasonably healthy and he's a key weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.