• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO.C.D. - Oral Arguments

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
Last night, as the latest Redskins-related organizational firestorm raged on the Twittersphere, some stark contrasts between the modern media world, and the calmer, more dignified world of my youth were on my mind.

Don

More...

Oh no you di'ent!

I don't see how this can be newsworthy without the letters 'RGIII' in it...

Oh no you di'ent!

He did and you are just jealous you didn't think of it first. :)

Hell, I'm jealous I didn't think of it first.

Very well said.

Thanks everybody. I sent it to Mike and Mike - if they read it (very doubtful) I'm liable to get gutted on national radio Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take one for the team, brother.

Thanks everybody. I sent it to Mike and Mike - if they read it (very doubtful) I'm liable to get gutted on national radio Friday.

I hope they read it but I'll believe it when I see it. You speak the truth here and the media just isn't interested in that anymore, especially not two guys like Mike and Mike who are just paid for opinions, specially opinions that illicit ratings.

Only time I've ever gotten a response from someone at that level is when I posted 'Bring Me the Head of Colin Cowherd' on his Twitter feed. We got into a back and forth but he retweeted and that day is still the record for most users ever online.

And it even occurred to me that creating content because you know it will generate clicks or 'controversy' is part of the larger problem, so even we aren't immune to that urge.

There is one particular Skins site which I'll leave unnamed that posts ridiculously misleading 'headlines' for stories/ articles that are borderline ridiculous...

I haven't been over here to The Pickle Party in a while (Reason Shall Prevail), but it's good to see the moral superiority intact.

How is the alkie GM's wife calling an ESPN reporter (who seems to know when Desean Jackson has a bowel movement) the aklie GM's side piece in public....twice...over the course of two weeks....and the then the team totally botching the issue not something for public consumption?

I mean, all the team has done for years is complain about leaks, and we now have....wait for it....wait for it....wait for it.....a literal Deep Throat.

This story is awesome. This team is awesome. I never want this stuff to stop.

Setting aside the cryptic comments, it's not about being morally 'high minded' or superior - that's why I started with a confession that for the first hour after this broke on Twitter my focus was making clever BJ jokes. But I do think there's an argument to be made that not everything that happens to high profile people deserves to be shared with the public. I feel sorry for those involved and I doubt seriously crimes were committed or that this impacts the football side of things in any way. That's about it. I think that's a pretty reasonable take.

Setting aside the cryptic comments, it's not about being morally 'high minded' or superior - that's why I started with a confession that for the first hour after this broke on Twitter my focus was making clever BJ jokes. But I do think there's an argument to be made that not everything that happens to high profile people deserves to be shared with the public. I feel sorry for those involved and I doubt seriously crimes were committed or that this impacts the football side of things in any way. That's about it. I think that's a pretty reasonable take.

The public people shared this with the public first. And then lied about it. And then admitted it. And then apologized. And then had a sister in law say that the apology was a lie.

In deference to your point, if this was Bruce Allen or even Dan Snyder, I would not be as interested.

This story is interesting to me because everyone says the same thing about Scott: "He's a genius, but he just can't keep his shit together."

Watching his private life implode publicly after six months on the job feels important.

I'm not calling it 'nothing' by any means. But folks are making a lot of assumptions. We don't know the wife's accusations are true. We don't know, regardless of whether they are true that McLovin gave her inside info. We don't know the team lied about the fake account (she likely claimed this and swore it wasn't hers when it all started to explode - that's just human nature. It's a problem that this accusation went public. Where it sounds we differ is that it's a problem for their marriage vs a problem for the Redskins or the GM.

And for the record, I am not on the 'McLovin is a genius savior' bandwagon. There's a reason he was available but I don't see enough here to call him into question.

I haven't been over here to The Pickle Party in a while (Reason Shall Prevail), but it's good to see the moral superiority intact.

How is the alkie GM's wife calling an ESPN reporter (who seems to know when Desean Jackson has a bowel movement) the aklie GM's side piece in public....twice...over the course of two weeks....and the then the team totally botching the issue not something for public consumption?

I mean, all the team has done for years is complain about leaks, and we now have....wait for it....wait for it....wait for it.....a literal Deep Throat.

This story is awesome. This team is awesome. I never want this stuff to stop.

Lmao@ Deep Throat.

Welcome back LKB. I hope you are doing well.

Sorry to say so, but this seems like kool aid at best. I'm normally an optimistic guy but this story has me hanging my head lower than most occasions in Snyder's tenure - not that this incident has anything to do with Snyder himself, but it just has the smell of Snyder era Skins. Sure this is what many couples go through, and we have no knowledge of the validity of such a story. Sure (the one who will not be named) in this has broken other stories, and the possibility of there being an affair does not imply that she got stories as a part of it.

But as a guy who has to go to work everyday bleeding B&G and put up with back and forth from Ravens fans who have never known the definition of embarrassment or losing (I will agree with anyone that what Ray Lewis did is FAR worse than this, but try getting a Ravens fan to even mention that as anything beyond a "case of bad judgement"). So now we have another thing that I'm going to have to live through as a fan of this team, another thing that's going to be dragged on social media and old fashioned media, another thing that's going to be used to take us back to the debate about the name change, or the Haynesworth contract, or the Arch contract, or the Lloyd contract, or the ARE contract, or the Deion contract or ... I'm getting depressed just writing this post.

The saddest case of this is that it now tarnishes out "savior" GM. Everyone's been calling for a GM. Then when we got one, we were calling for a "football GM". Then we seemingly got the one that EVERYBODY approved of. We had a decent offseason in FA and the draft and were looking like a quiet no noise offseason. Then RG3 gets mauled in game 2, concussed, then not concussed, then cleared, then not cleared and suddenly the unwinding began. Now this happens and suddenly its the scarlet letter on our GM. It wouldn't surprise me if this story follows him whenever he's talked about in the future (until he goes to another team and leads them to a SB), "Scot Mcgloughlin, GM of the Washington Redskins, remember that time his wife sent the nasty tweets to the ESPN reporter? Accusing her of just some deplorable acts. Sad thing to be caught up in".

Yes sex sells, but lets not act like our team's ignorance doesn't also sell, just like the Patriots and cheating sells. So people say the Patriots need to be as far away from cheating as possible to let the rest of the league know they're no longer doing that. And we need to be as far away from these types of stories as we can to show that its a new day in DC.

At least when I'm the Skins in Madden we can go undefeated.

Sounds like you're dragging a lot of other stuff into this 'incident' (an incident we all have to acknowledge may have occurred only in Mrs. McCloughan's jealous mind). The Redskins are a mess. I'm not arguing this whole thing, if true, it's a positive. I'm not even arguing it's not a big deal if true. I'm arguing it has zero to do with McCloughan as GM or the Redskins.

I respect that I have the minority view on it though. Welcome to the site btw! :cheers:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.