• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NEW REDSKINS 2015

Om

Burgundy & Gold Jacket
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
The Redskins will be going through massive roster changes in 2015 and beyond ... we'll keep track of players new to the organization (free agency and NFL Draft) here.

DEFENSE

DE RICKY FRANCOIS
JEA418291.png

Height: 6-3 Weight: 297 Age: 28
College: LSU
Experience: 7th season
Contract: 3 YRS, $9 million ($4 million guaranteed)
CAREER STATS

DT STEPHEN PAEA

PAE059326.png

Height
: 6-1 Weight: 300 Age: 26
College: Oregon State
Experience: 5th season
Contract: 4 YRS, $21 million ($7.85 million guaranteed)
CAREER STATS

NT TERRANCE KNIGHTON
KNI770772.png

Height
: 6-3 Weight: 331 Age: 28
College: Temple
Experience: 7th season
Contract: 1 YR, $4 million
CAREER STATS

CB CHRIS CULLIVER

CUL399285.png

Height: 6-0 Weight: 199 Age: 26
College: South Carolina
Contract: 4 YRS, $32 million ($11 million guaranteed)
CAREER STATS

SS JERON JOHNSON
JOH344009.png

Height: 5-10 Weight: 212 Age: 26
Born: 6/12/1988 Compton , CA
College: Boise State
Contract: 2 yrs, $4 million
CAREER STATS

FS DASHON GOLDSON
GOL350563.png

Height: 6
-2 Weight: 200 Age: 30
College: Washington
Experience: 9th season
Contract: TBA
CAREER STATS

OFFENSE

RB MICHAEL HILL
HIL532525.png

Height: 5-10 Weight: 210 Age: 25
College: Missouri Western State
Experience: 2nd season
CAREER STATS

OL BRANDON SCHERFF

2552353.jpg

Height:
6'5" Weight: 319 Age: 23
College: Iowa
Experience: Rookie (1st Rd., #5 overall)

Last edited:
I'm glad for this thread.
That way, I won't easily overlook a signing, that gets lost in one of those other long threads, if I've been inactive for a while. And then don't feel stupid when I ask, "When did we sign that guy" who was signed weeks prior. Rather I can just keep up with this thread

I think the biggest thing we can ask for as fans when this list of new acquisitions is completed is twofold:

a) Don't get caught up in the mega-spending frenzy that seems to be materializing in the early stages of free agency and overpay/overvalue players from both within and outside the organization. This is especially true when considering that the team is light years away from competing.

b) When signing free agents, place a premium on acquiring players with some upside who can potentially be key parts when this team is hopefully legitimately ready to compete in 3 to 4 years time.

This offseason is all about being able to develop a level of trust in the front office from my point of view.

I'm personally at a point where I'm not getting caught up with who we bring in, and whether it should have been Player A or Player B that was offered a contract.

It's more about being able to see if the acquisitions we do make fit the model of a true and proper team building approach from the ground up.

If McCloughan proves that the moves he makes are sensible from that perspective, then I'll call the offseason a success.

The most important thing this offseason is bringing in players who have a winning attitude, ie want to work hard and give 100% and have physical toughness.

This has been a 'soft' football team in recent seasons and one that has carried knuckleheads like Fred Davis, even making them 'franchise' players in FA.

These guys seem to be no nonsense 'bring your lunch pail' sort of performers and that should go a along way to changing the culture of this organization.

Guys like LeRibeus that have come in 60 pounds overweight and David Amerson that came back in Year 2 seemingly satisfied with himself after his rookie season, should be feeling a lot LESS secure right about now.

CH...I'd add one more thought:

Spare everyone all the nonsense that was emblematic of commentary on last season's "sensical" signings - which produced little to no real value.

Jason Hatcher would have been a player the 1980's Redskins would have brought in as a free agent.

The difference is that Petitbon would have put together a rotation where you had a guy like Eric Williams playing the run downs and Hatcher coming in on passing downs at 33 to give the defense a push up the middle.

The Redskins expected him to come here and play 60 snaps a game.

At his age that just wasn't going to happen.

If a player is over 30 I don't really see see why we would bring them in. If we have quality players with proven leadership on our team we want to keep over 30 that is fine because you get the "hometown" discount.

That's the winning philosophy. Keep your own solid leaders to settle the locker room and bring new picks and UDFAs aboard so they get the message from Day 1 about working hard and not coasting.

For those over 30 extensions, I am in favor of creating cap space for them.

You are correct - for over 30 signings from other teams, I want to see shorter-term deals that may help us get over the hump for a year until we can draft another player or trade for a solid replacement.

That's why teams that are asking the Vikings about Adrian Peterson at age 30 at running back are fools.

His shelf life in the NFL is not that long going forward. These teams will be paying him for what he has done, not what he is going to do.

This year the cap has made teams crazy.

Jacksonville signing Julius Thomas for $9M a year? I know they have to spend money, but this signing may be the worst after the Suh contract.

Thomas is not one of the 10 best tight ends in the NFL. He is injury prone, doesn't block and has a very short history of producing on the field.

He is not Jimmy Graham or Gronkowski.

Looks like Paea deal is around 21 million for 4 years with 15 million Guareenteed

I know Paea isn't the sack monster (yet) but his frame and strength remind me of Jon Randle of the vikes. Here's to hoping he averages 8+ a year from here on out.

CH...I'd add one more thought:

Spare everyone all the nonsense that was emblematic of commentary on last season's "sensical" signings - which produced little to no real value.

You're missing the point.

I'm talking about establishing a proper philosophy and approach towards team building. I'm personally evaluating the team's free agency performance through that scope and that scope alone this offseason.

It's got nothing to do with hyping up individual signings that repeatedly prove to be worthless and of little value in terms of winning football games on Sunday (something that many Redskins fans have fallen victim to over the years).

I know Paea isn't the sack monster (yet) but his frame and strength remind me of Jon Randle of the vikes. Here's to hoping he averages 8+ a year from here on out.

From a free agency approach standpoint, this in my mind is the right type of move, and of the variety that we need more of when the opportunity presents itself.

1. They went after a player with upside that appears to be showing improvement.

2. They filled a gap along the defensive front (a position along with offensive line that when made a priority and addressed consistently and well reaps benefits and long-term success over time).

3. Wise in terms of spending compared to what other DTs are going to be paid in the free agency market. The money acknowledges and shows understanding of the fact that the project McCloughan has taken over is not going to be a quick fix.

Yeah I'll trust in McLuvin and Barry's vision. Would rather have a D-line rotation of some big mofo's.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It really comes down to reading character.

Talent aside everyone around the NFL knew Haynesworth was a dirtbag, that's one of the reasons Tenn franchised him that final year instead of committing to him long term.

Other guys like Aaron Rodgers or a Vince Wilfork continue to be outstanding players after they get paid.

I think McCloughan is smart enough to judge people appropriately in re attitude and character.

For all of his other instincts in business, in sports Snyder has been a bad judge of character, giving mega bucks to free agents that weren't good risks because they were lousy people.

You're missing the point.

I'm talking about establishing a proper philosophy and approach towards team building. I'm personally evaluating the team's free agency performance through that scope and that scope alone this offseason.

It's got nothing to do with hyping up individual signings that repeatedly prove to be worthless and of little value in terms of winning football games on Sunday (something that many Redskins fans have fallen victim to over the years).

I'm not missing the point.

I'm voicing a reflection on last season's FA conversations.

I'm still tyryin to figure out if it's a women or man......

I hope it was a guy.

McLuv's may wanna go with Blade's nemesis Pearl, though it'd be a drag for him only playing night games and biting people.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.