• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

PFT: Report: Scot McCloughan expected to be the new G.M. in Washington

He's a GM guys, not Jesus Christ. I don't believe he's going to arrive, find starters in every draft round from here on out as the Redskins are Super Bowl participants every year.

It's a move in the right direction, but I am a little taken aback by the giddy ecstasy some of you are all agush with...

Well, as I've stated in other posts, my ecstatic attitude is that this move is the move in the right direction. This move signals the end of an era. A terrible, heartbreaking era. An era that has been riddled with Albert Hayneworths & Donovan McNabbs. An era of piss poor FO management that has all of us not just scratching our heads, but often considering dousing ourselves in kerosene & setting ourselves on fire to relieve the pain of having to watch the Redskins take the field again. This is the end.

After the initial "The War is Over!" feeling passes, I realize that reality will eventually set in & the picture will come back into focus. The Redskins are still moons away from being a real contender & there are plenty of personnel moves that need to be made. But the one that doesn't is a real football guy in charge of it.

Well, yeah.

I don't think even the most passionate Redskins fans have any idea of how much of a disadvantage we've been running at.

It's been an absolute clown show across nearly every department.

It's a testament to what Gibbs 2 did. It's incredible that we've had even one or two winning seasons in the last 15 years.

This too: From Michael Robinson formerly of SF and Seattle

Given the clusterfudge this team's FO has been for about 20 years it's awful hard not to get excited about this...for me at least.

I actually came a little.........to the conclusion I love this hire!

Ready to feel like a Bernie Madoff victim? Wonder why we've been such a joke for so long? Wonder why we are almost always in last place in the division? I see things like this and wonder how I could have been so stupid. From the Patriots website:

NFL A look inside scouting department - ESPN

I'd appreciate if the term joke would stop. I get the bitterness and all but you seem to be going out of your way to be insulting now.

The Patriots have 19 scouts. Now compare that to the joke that we've been running. Notice not only how few scouts we have, but also notice in what oder the names are listed. The marketing department is above the scouts. Also notice how few trainers we have. My local HS football team literally has more trainers than our professional football franchise:

Redskins.com | Front Office

But Dan "really wants to win" right?

Thanks..I appreciate it.

The great news is this hiring can change all of this. It's only a start, and we need to commit a lot of money to it, but we've got the guy in place who can spot talent. This is a big day, and a chance for the organization to finally take winning football games seriously.

Well alright Danny boy, that move is only a decade late :encouragement:

I understand why guys like Boone would be reticent here, I really do, a couple weeks ago the thought of pulling the plug on the whole damn mess crossed my mind (not sure I could do it but I did ponder it), but at this point if SM can come in and just straighten out the mess w/ scouting/drafting players so we fill roster spots w/ guys that actually see the field it will be a HUGE improvement. I like what I'm hearing so far, especially the comments on chemistry and "fit" rather than just FF picks that don't mesh.

But this is still the very first stumbling step on a long road to fixing this team. Will the wider fanbase (not the mavens here) be able to grasp that this will take years and ride it out? I wonder...

There are already some poo-pooing this move, and the guy hasn't even signed a contract. He has less than two years before the internet GM's start gathering the tar and feathers.

Ax, they are working out the details as we type - just a matter of hours now.

The only thing that remains is trading you, Elephant, McD5, and Goaldeje to the Ravens for McCloughan and a ham sammich. Stay tuned.

I haven't seen anyone 'poo poo' this move. I've seen some skepticism, which anyone with a shred of intellectual honesty ought to be able to view as legitimate. I don't doubt his credentials or minimize what he's been a part of building elsewhere. When he does it here then I will heap praise on him.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo
Alarming body of draft work by Allen. Since 2010, only 4 unquestioned building blocks: TWilliams, RKerrigan, AMorris, BBreeland. Wow.

I'm done with the hype, hype, and more hype. If he turns it all around no one will be happier than me. But I've seen and heard all this before. For me. It's wait and see.

The old maroon and black rope-a-dope. I feel you brotha. This is exactly where I sit. I am encouraged that the ORGANIZATION is taking steps to make changes from the top down but the skeptic in me knows that Daniel Snyder could **** up a one man march. New GM pisses off Snyder this could be Schotty/Shanny situation all over again. I've never got a tattoo but I should just get the chinese symbol for "Cautiously Optimistic in the Short Term"

Ax, they are working out the details as we type - just a matter of hours now.

The only thing that remains is trading you, Elephant, McD5, and Goaldeje to the Ravens for McCloughan and a ham sammich. Stay tuned.
I'd slit my wrists before I'd have anything to do with the Ravens.

Besides, Boone would never trade me.

I'm too dreamy.

Alarming body of draft work by Allen. Since 2010, only 4 unquestioned building blocks: TWilliams, RKerrigan, AMorris, BBreeland. Wow.
Alarming body of journalism by WaPo. Since the 80's. Zip, zilch. nada.

**** Mike Jones and the Post. Google his work and you will find him blaming Shanahan for personnel gaffes during his tenure now he's hanging them all on Allen. In the right setup, Allen should have received the blame for those years, but Shanny had 100% control so eff Jones and the rest of these guys that are trying to butter both sides of their bread now.

I don't have a problem with a lot of the facts the Post reports, it's their focus almost exclusively on the negative and their vendetta-like campaign to smear the team every chance they get, and the obvious joy they take on doing it, that bothers me. Unfortunately the Redskins have made it all too easy for them over the years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.