• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Haslett Hasbeenletgo Contest

Talking with defense players on Redskins...most asking if Jim Haslett still has the job. Players assume he will be fired

-@nbcdianna

My prediction...Haslett is fired the day after the 2015 season, along with the rest of the coaching staff that's in place here.

This is absolutely a move that needs to made sooner than later. Meaning the Redskins will drag their lead boots on it. They should send a message throughout the organization that obvious incompetence needs to be cut and not rewarded.

I hope for Jan 5 (2015) @ 10 AM Eastern but I suspect that it will be much later, after all the best prospects are off the board if it happens at all.

I don't see him being fired, but with his contract expiring he won't get a new one. Same thing, but little nicer looking on resume.

A little bit of chatter out there that Gruden won't be the one to fire him. It will be Bruce.

Apparently it is not obvious to Jay Gruden (this is from 3 days ago):

Jay Gruden 'absolutely’ interested in Jim Haslett returning as defensive coordinator

I say he is retained and it is announced on January 6th.

Was wondering if Jay may just be paying lip service on Haz being let go. Kinda like "absolutely I want him" in public. Behind closed doors maybe it's "get him outta here".

Possibly he's not ready to embrace the asshole part of management, yet. It's what I'm hoping anyways.

What do we expect him to say? Until the decision is made and the team is ready to announce it, there's nothing to be gained by publicly addressing.
We all ought to understand that...

And the fact that it's not his decision to make also factors in...

Today @ 4:01 pm EST --- That's right, I'm going "Price Is Right" all over this contest

So if Gruden wants to retain Haslett, but Haslett is fired anyway ...

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

As with the Griffin situation, for similar reasons, I'm not sure there IS a good outcome to this situation ...

Gruden presser at 3pm today.

Big Phil Daniels said that something is going down.

Raheem Morris was seen leaving the building with a large duffle bag and seemed lost/confused/down.

Bruce Allen to have a presser at 10:30 on Friday.

Some of you will try to guess some of these times according to the pressers, but you could be oh so wrong. :)

Biggest fear is that they make Morris the sacrificial lamb in order to keep Haslett.

I'll also say that I would not be shocked to see Gruden quit, not because the front office wants him gone, but because he is miserable. I just have a strong vibe he isn't happy and may not have the stomach to ride this thing out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.