• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

RG3 To Start at Vikings?

I can't imagine any opposing coaching staff losing sleep over how to defend Colt McCoy.

Now, Robert? Yeah, I could see that.

I feel pretty sure that Morris is the key to the game. With Griffin under center, the whole backfield dymanic changes and allows Morris more freedom to run the gaps. The defense has to respect Griffin, thereby unleashing Morris.

I would maintain modest expectations. When he got hurt Griffin had lead the offense to 6 points against Houston in four quarters in the opener. During the preseason the offense scored no touchdowns with the first teamers on the field.

All this is to say we are back to developing a raw talent, not getting a polished NFL passer off IR.

My guess is the offense will look rusty for awhile with #10 in the lineup and we may not look as good as we did in the second half of the past two games.

Presser live in 10 minutes..... Oh boy ! Lets see what Gruden says today. He really wanted to make a decision by today.

JJ Watt has singlehandedly brought a defensive player in to the MVP discussions legitimately. He has made a lot of QBs, RBs, teams in general look pedestrian. So, us sputtering against him is not shocking nor a sign of who Griffin is but a sign of who Watt is.

When he got hurt he was driving us down the field, had already scrambled twice (once with a great slide) and even when he popped his ankle out completed a really good pass on the run to DeSean.

The offense may look a little rusty WITH him, but we are the same team that just fumbled 3 times in one drive against TN as well. He is not going to make us look any worse.

We'll be going up against the NFC defensive player of the week, OLB Anthony Barr, and NFC defensive player of the month, DE Everson Griffen.

Hey Minnesota! my Griffin can beat your Griffen!

He got player of the week because of one good play...albeit a game winning play in OT..but still just a strip touchdown.

As long as the team doesn't dismiss what they've done, I'll be happy.

The plan is to go with Griff, he got the lions share of practice with the ones, physically 100%
He missed a few passes but time to get ready over the next few practices.
Gruden sees no advantage to wait until after the bye physically, no extra practices are planned over the bye anyway.
No definite decision made pending any setbacks mentally/physically but all looks good to go after today

Last edited:
I am just trying to be realistic. Griffin is a work in progress and now the work continues.

That could very well be good news long-term, I just don't see a major immediate spike in our offensive productivity coming in Week 1 back.

Root Root Root for the Redskins.....

Pretty sure it was a done deal anyway. I would have preferred that it not be revealed via sources. I'm really tired of that crap. Let the head coach make the announcement when he is ready to. I'm guessing that as long as Tony "No means no!" Wiley is with the Redskins, the "source" leaks will continue.

great point. what's going on? (not asking you...just wondering)

Gruden will start the game with runs and conservative passes.....building confidence.

at some point...I'd love to see a play-action with RGIII hitting DJax for...oh...I don't know.....a 60+ yd TD

I am just trying to be realistic. Griffin is a work in progress and now the work continues.

That could very well be good news long-term, I just don't see a major immediate spike in our offensive productivity coming in Week 1 back.

No doubt pretty spot on based on what we've seen so far. I think two major factors could change that though. It seemed like Robert was on a leash before and whether by design or hesitation was not running the way he should have to utilize his strengths. It seemd like he or the team were overcompensating and had comletely taken the run OUT of his game. It seemed like maybe that was changing when he got hurt but Sunday will tell us for sure. I think this kid needs to be a lot smarter about his runs than he was in 2012, but I think he does need to run to set up the whole rest of his game and this offense. He starts doing that again and I think his overall play WILL improve, because it will force the D to soften up and compensate.

The other factor is multidimensional but what many of us have been complaining about for years. The O line play has improved with the exit of Polumbus. We have another work in progress there but it HAS improved in pass protection. Couple that with a more mobile QB loosening up the box, and we get Morris having more opportunities and holes and he goes back to gashing like we've grown used to.

If, and that's a big IF, those things continue to happen then we could see an immediate spike in play.

Oh and I forgot about the learning curve for Gruden. He's still getting his sea legs with this O so it's possible and maybe even likely that he gets better at playcalling and trusting these kids more.

I hope Griffin finds a way to avoid taking the big hits. Wilson has a similar skill set at Seattle, he has the technique down pat so it can be done...

I hope Griffin finds a way to avoid taking the big hits. Wilson has a similar skill set at Seattle, he has the technique down pat so it can be done...

I dunno. The last few weeks since the Seahags have started losing have seen the media start to question Wilson's ability to avoid those big hits. I haven't watched enough of their games to know for sure, but I have heard rumblings that they run him too much...

Wilson hasn't missed any playing time...and doesn't have the weapons that Griffin has. So Wilson is being asked to do more now that the Defense has dropped off. I don't want Griffin to play like Wilson...I'm hopeful he can reduce his exposure to the unnecessary hits. Wilson is the first guy that comes to mind.

I dunno. The last few weeks since the Seahags have started losing have seen the media start to question Wilson's ability to avoid those big hits. I haven't watched enough of their games to know for sure, but I have heard rumblings that they run him too much...

I suspect that has to do with part of the stories about him not being "black enough," like "cornball brother" Griffin.

Nick

all I can think of when I hear cornball is cornbread...

and like Chris Rock said, "Cornbread. Ain't nuttin wrong with that!"

Wilson has taken 28 sacks so far - good for #2 behind Jag's. That's a heck of a lot for a guy that doesn't throw all that much Let's not go in that direction.

Starting RG III sounds like a good plan. If things don't look so good it gives them two weeks to prepare with Colt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.