• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

QB Kirk Cousins Tracking Thread

Saw him pounding Jaeger shots at a hole in the wall tavern a few hours ago and puked on the floor when I asked for an autograph....

Oh...you meant on the field...my bad......

The Jackson TD was one of those "Uh, oh... " moments to me.

Until the TD, of course.

The ball looked like it was hanging in the air like a Reggie Roby Special. How Jackson got that thing and scored with it was amazing to me.

Nick

When they show the replays of that play from behind Cousins, you can see that he is throwing to a spot and letting Jackson run to it. When the ball is let go Jackson is running down the left side of the field, but once the ball is in the air he starts angling right and gets to the ball. Kurt did a good job of throwing it where the Eagles weren't and letting his WR run through it.

It's interesting to me because he did come in against the Ravens in 2012 and finished a game-ending drive to send it to overtime, converting a tough 2pt. conversion as well. Then he started slow the next week against the Browns and finished the game on fire pretty much.

Last season, against Atlanta, he completed a beautiful game-ending drive as well to tie it and get us to overtime, but we went for 2 to win it instead and he didn't connect. Against Dallas, same thing... gave us the lead in the 4th quarter after a so-so game only for Romo to drive down our defense and win it to end the game.

So, to me he's actually done more thus far in his career to show that he's pretty clutch than not. Unfortunately, the loss last week was crushing because it was against a division foe early in the season and would've been huge for us. He could make up for it a lot tonight, God willing. :)

...and the roller reaches the top of its long, climb and then...slowly tips forward.....and the passengers begin to scream.....

Well, that should pretty much stop all the ignorance talk.

But, it won't.

Beat Seattle!!!

NYG - Fail. No, he didn't much help from his coaches, line or receivers last night, but there really is no way to sugar-coat it. Kirk was exposed. Teams are going to be loading up and coming after him mercilessly from here on out.

19-for-33, 257 yds, 1 TD, 4 INT, Rating 53.0

Yeah, we're going to have to get creative with playcalling now. The problem is against Seattle, their secondary is good enough that they can blitz a LOT and get to Kirk before our WR can shake free. May be a long night, but damn I hate those guys.

Seattle's going to put eight guys in the box, get right up in our receiver's grills and dare us to snap the ball.

I feel bad for Alfred Morris already.

Well that stat line doesn't help his cause any.. Flags drops and flags and more drops got the game off to a start that had me mumbling Maras name in the first qtr. This kid can't play from behind right now. Sux. Can wait for the Seattle game maybe I can buy some more concert tickets. Woeful.

Got to learn to get over the Yips or a backup is all he'll ever be. I'm really not impressed with the attitude of the team on the sidelines. That's on the coaches. Can't have a team full of pouters. Get pissed. Knock something over. Don't sit on the dam bench and mope. All QB's have a bad game now and then. The good ones are like good DB's. They have to have short memories.

I said I thought Kirk played scared and nervous in the 4th quarter against Philly - and that's what I saw in the 2nd half from him last night too. He needs to lead by example - if he doesn't believe they can get it done, regardless of the odds stacked against them, no one in that huddle will. And I agree Steven, I didn't like the pouting and sad faces on the sidelines last night either.

I said I thought Kirk played scared and nervous in the 4th quarter against Philly - and that's what I saw in the 2nd half from him last night too. He needs to lead by example - if he doesn't believe they can get it done, regardless of the odds stacked against them, no one in that huddle will. And I agree Steven, I didn't like the pouting and sad faces on the sidelines last night either.

I unfortunately only got there after half to watch, and that was the first thing I saw: players hanging there heads, having body language that said they were done already. There is no fight.

I really am curious what Ryan Clark is saying to his teammates at this point, because he has been talking most of the year about how their attitudes are consistent with what it takes to win. He was seemingly on them for overreacting to the Jax game, and there is no way he would be buying into the hangdog attitude on display last night.

After the 2nd pick, Kirk looked beaten. There wasn't the pissed off attitude of "That is not going to happen again, I'm gonna take those bastards out." I'm starting to think Redskins park needs a psychologist.

Seattle's going to put eight guys in the box, get right up in our receiver's grills and dare us to snap the ball.

I feel bad for Alfred Morris already.

I don't. He's the only hope we have of even competing against Seattle, and he dam well knows it. He doesn't care who or what's stacked against him, he's been up against it from day one.

You know what I meant brother.

Alfred's job just got exponentially tougher now that teams have film on Kirk's problems going downfield under pressure. They're going to be all over the box trying to get in his face. Alfred's going to not only face more bodies in there, he's going to face arguably the toughest front in the league.

He's going to be one sore puppy when it's all said and done.

I unfortunately only got there after half to watch, and that was the first thing I saw: players hanging there heads, having body language that said they were done already. There is no fight.

I really am curious what Ryan Clark is saying to his teammates at this point, because he has been talking most of the year about how their attitudes are consistent with what it takes to win. He was seemingly on them for overreacting to the Jax game, and there is no way he would be buying into the hangdog attitude on display last night.

After the 2nd pick, Kirk looked beaten. There wasn't the pissed off attitude of "That is not going to happen again, I'm gonna take those bastards out." I'm starting to think Redskins park needs a psychologist.

If you look like losers you play like losers. This now is on the head coach to change their attitudes. Its OK to get beat down by a better team. Its NOT OK to play like crap then cry about it. Unless Gruden intervenes, he is on the fast track to losing his team and his job. I didn't think it was possible to be worse than 3-13. We are on our way and only those who can keep their heads up and maintain their pride and play with heart will be survivors. I don't want losers on my team.

If you look like losers you play like losers. This now is on the head coach to change their attitudes. Its OK to get beat down by a better team. Its NOT OK to play like crap then cry about it. Unless Gruden intervenes, he is on the fast track to losing his team and his job. I didn't think it was possible to be worse than 3-13. We are on our way and only those who can keep their heads up and maintain their pride and play with heart will be survivors. I don't want losers on my team.

Just remember, it takes over 2 months in ideal conditions to change a habit. So I would say it's a good thing to exercise some patience in your expectations of how quickly things will turn around. We all want things now, but knee jerk reactions are how you make things worse.

Personally, it will be painful this year in my mind. We have a rough patch of games here, and our starting QB dislocated his ankle. Kirk needs to exorcise his demons as well. We may have yet more younger players thrust into positions they are quite ready for, just like Breeland has been.

I think Gruden will get there, but have a realistic view of how much time that will take. The process has started, don't doubt, but new habits take time to form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.