• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The Injury and Rehab Thread

I don't know what Reed's current status is or where Paul is in the concussion protocol but aren't they down to basically one TE?

Seems like they might want to consider bring up a TE as soon as possible to get as many reps in as possible. Granted they could wind up with 4 TEs on the roster at some point. Granted they might wind up with one now, possibly less if Paulsen gets injured.

I don't know what Reed's current status is or where Paul is in the concussion protocol but aren't they down to basically one TE?

Seems like they might want to consider bring up a TE as soon as possible to get as many reps in as possible. Granted they could wind up with 4 TEs on the roster at some point. Granted they might wind up with one now, possibly less if Paulsen gets injured.

Paul is under the protocol. Paulson is the only TE healthy.

I think Reed still has a possibility to play against Seattle - sounds like it's about 50-50 right now.

Last edited:
There is a 10 day window between games, Paul will likely be ready, but I hope he sits it out. He has been taking a beating this year as a result of his willingness to go down the middle.

Sonny used to talk about if one of his WRs complained to him too much,he'd lead them into a hit to get his message across.

When I saw that pass to Niles, I thought... Damn,Kirk's gonna get him killed because he doesn't know any better.

Ya, I'm holding out hope that Reed will be good to go for Seattle. Don't know if Paul has had any other concussions, but I think the protocol ramps up if it's not the first concussion. Anybody know if PEP treatment is allowed in the league. I think Moss and a number of players from other teams were having it done a few years ago through a doc in Canada or something like that. I saw a story not long ago about a college program that using it a lot to get their guys back on the field quicker.

I forgot that PS players can practice with the teams but don't know if there are limitations. And a guy could get called up on gameday.

Like they did with activating Robert Thomas from the PS on Thursday. Then made him inactive for Thursday Night. Then waived him today.
I'll reserve comments on that particular scenario in a more suitable thread.

Rich Tandler has provided some potentially useful information on Redskins player usage in the form of the number of snap counts for each player both for ther Giants game and the combined totals so far this season.

For the Giants game:

Here’s a look at who played how much in Week 4 against the Giants (snap counts via the NFL). Scroll to the bottom of the page for season to date snap counts for each player.

Offense 55 snaps

QB/O-line: Kirk Cousins 55, Chris Chester 55, Kory Lichtensteiger 55, Tyler Polumbus 55, Josh LeRibeus 51, Trent Williams 45, Tom Compton 12, Spencer Long 4

With Lauvao out, LeRibeus got his first NFL start and a career high in snaps played. Long got his feet wet with his first NFL snaps in the late going.

Wide receivers: Pierre Garçon 45, DeSean Jackson 44, Andre Roberts 37, Aldrick Robinson 6, Ryan Grant 5

This looks like it will be the normal distribution of snaps when everyone is healthy.

Tight ends: Logan Paulsen 43, Niles Paul 21

Paulsen was the only healthy tight end on the roster after Paul went out with a concussion just before halftime.

Running backs: Alfred Morris 30, Roy Helu Jr. 25, Darrel Young 17

For the second straight week Morris was more involved in the passing game with a 26-yard reception.

Defense 81 snaps

Defensive line: Jason Hatcher 44, Jarvis Jenkins 29; Chris Baker 54, Frank Kearse 31, Clifton Geathers 25

The Redskins frequently lined up with just Hatcher and Baker on the line with Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan essentially aligned as standup defensive ends.

Linebacker: Keenan Robinson 79, Perry Riley 75, Ryan Kerrigan 73, Brian Orakpo 72, Trent Murphy 24, Will Compton 10, Gabe Miller 3

There was some garbage time bench emptying here with Compton and Miller getting some late snaps.

Defensive back: Brandon Meriweather 75, David Amerson 74, Ryan Clark 73, Bashaud Breeland 59, E. J. Biggers 52, Tracy Porter 26, Trenton Robinson 7, Akeem Davis 3, Chase Minnifield 3

With the rookie Breeland struggling in his first NFL start, Porter, active for the first time, took a lot of the second half snaps in place of him. There were some garbage time snaps late with Davis and Minnifield getting their first NFL snaps on defense.

Totals for this season so far.

Snap counts season to date

Offense 283 snaps total

Griffin—74
Cousins—209

Williams—272
Lauvao—191
Lichtensteiger—282
Chester—283
Polumbus—281
LeRibeus—89
Compton—29
Moses—1

Garçon—235
Roberts—197
Jackson—175
Grant—55
A. Robinson—19

Paulsen—177
Paul—173
Reed—7

Morris—166
Helu—103
Young—68
Redd—8

Defense 263 snaps total

Hatcher—164
Jenkins—141
Baker—145
Geathers—74
Kearse—76
Golston—13
Cofield—13

Robinson—262
Riley—257
Kerrigan—244
Orakpo—228
Murphy—103
W. Compton—12
Miller—3

Amerson—256
Clark—251
Meriweather—146
Hall—144
Breeland—114
Biggers—120
T. Robinson—31
Porter—26
Rambo—71
A. Davis—3
Minnifield—3
Ihenacho—4

Link: Redskins snap counts vs. Giants?Some garbage-time snaps | Rich Tandler's Real Redskins

Nice stats, Serv.....

Ihenacho : 4 snaps, and 1 season-ending injury.
Not a very good ratio of playing time vs. injury time.
It's right up there with Brandon Meriweather's 2012 season, where he played one game all year and totaled 3 injuries that season.

Last edited:
from what I've seen he is out of the boot and at practice. Gruden says he is taking "mental reps" but that he is not practicing or running on it.

If we are really bad in 4 weeks when he can come back at the earliest I dont see why we would bring him back. It just doesnt make any sense to rush him back if we are already out of it.

If we are really bad in 4 weeks when he can come back at the earliest I dont see why we would bring him back. It just doesnt make any sense to rush him back if we are already out of it.

I don't think he should be rushed back in any scenario but if he's 100% and up to speed in the offense via practice then bring him in.

He's missed too much development time already, he needs to get back in the saddle and show what we've got at the QB position by seasons end.

If Griff can play again this year, he plays, nothing substitutes game reps. We can't continually say if he's hurt and we're out of it sit him, he's either going to become the QB we all envisioned or the nfl's version of Rick DiPietro - talented beyond measure but bad luck central.

Reports had Griff sprinting across the field several times pregame, appeared to be full go on the speed..... straight line of course.

Come up with a better helmet and you're rich.

Bowen and Hankerson plan to practice with the team today, for the first time all year.

Hankerson ? who's this Hankerson guy ? Oh wait, I remember drafting a guy a by that name, but he couldn't crack the active day roster, when he wasn't hurt... Suit him up, and Cut Reed, because God knows, Reed has been injured far to often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.