• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

special teams and Oline

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
and ball security. its pretty much all anyone has to say. anyone who still thinks our oline is not the biggest issue, had better have it ranked number 2 behind special teams.

I only got to watch a half, but it was enough to see some serious issues on the right side and the centre of this Oline. I would honestly cut the whole bunch aside from TW.

I cannot remember a single pass play where RG3 had more than half a second to throw the ball.
People need stop complaining about him not being a good pocket passer, when the "pocket" is entirely non-existent.

The more things change,the more they stay the same.

I know it's only one game but damn.....

Sometimes I wonder if the networks haven't played a cruel joke on us by running the last 20 years on a continuous loop.

I definitely have major OL worries, always have, but I am more bummed about the ST play. I actually had some high hopes for a new and awesome ST's this season. Those hopes are shatterred a bit at the moment.

All that said, My Kool Aid is simply 1/23 full now rather than the whole glass. Need more than a single game to dump it out on the pavement.

I think we need to just let Griffin run and do what is natural to him. It is obvious with our crappy oline he cannot be protected in the pocket, and thus he will never be comfortable in it. He takes just as many hits now as he would running around. If he gets hurt he gets hurt, but we gotta turn him loose before he gets killed in the backfield.

The special teams minus Roberts was horrendous. How the hell does a pro football team get an extra point and a punt blocked in the same game??

The defense looked decent, we all knew our secondary was sketchy. Rambo needs to learn to tackle.

No win situation for Rambo today. He wasn't ready and it showed. I know what you mean about Griffin, but he won't survive that approach. Is that really what we want, to take a guy we spent three #1's on and have his career ended - because you have to think it will happen if we just turn him loose. It may happen even if we don't turn him loose. We have to try and find an intermediate for him somewhere between completely limiting him and turning him loose. And I think we have to be patient while he makes that transition - as hard as it is to watch us lose games.

How many of you think Rambo will be released this week?

Phil? Hey, Phil? Phil! Phil Connors? Phil Connors, I thought that was you!
Hi, how you doing? Thanks for watching.
Hey, hey! Now, don't you tell me you don't remember me because I sure as heckfire remember you.
Not a chance.
Ned... Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned"? "Ned the Head"? C'mon, buddy. Case Western High.
I did the whistling belly-button trick at the high school talent show? Bing!
got the shingles real bad senior year, almost didn't graduate? Bing, again.
I dated your sister Mary Pat a couple times until you told me not to anymore? Well?
Ned Ryerson?
Bing!
Bing.

I just hate seeing him get hammered in the backfield. We have so many weapons on offense and can't use them, it won't take long for players to start getting frustrated.

Our special teams was great for the most part.

They started deep in their own territory

We kicked well overall

Roberts is returning great

We are light years away from being as bad as we were last year.

They say we're young and we don't know, we won't find out until we grow...
Babe....I got you babe....I got you babe...

We kicked well overall

Except for a blocked punt for a TD and a missed PAT, yeah, the kicking was great. That's most teams one year totals (in a bad year). I understand what you're saying - we had touchbacks and good punting otherwise, but the negative stuff is pretty hard to shrug off.

And none of it was 'great' imho - it just seems that way because our teams have been so horrifically bad previously.

Not really. I saw more good than bad. JJ did his thing and that's always going to happen. Typo didn't block and that's his norm.

The blocked punt sucks but we did way more good than bad.

I'd personally rather see him get hammered in the pocket over and over again until he gets it. His runs are ridiculous. They're late because he's making an attempt to stand in the pocket but quitting and then getting hammered trying to escape. Its up to Jay Gruden and Griffin to first call plays that will negate pressure, and second execute those plays in the time given. And when you get time you make the defense pay. He's unable to make them pay at key moments consistently, see Andre Roberts out of bounds. I'm beginning to see why he was run into the ground. He may be smart, but you have to be smart and make very quick decisions with anticipation and grace. He is struggling for various reasons, and some of those reasons my just be the kind that are going to take multiple and repeated beatings to overcome.

There's a reason Hazlett's zero blitz doesn't work against most teams, QBs get rid of the ball quickly to a well designed hot read and they gash him until he is afraid to blitz any more. You can't make the club from the tub and you can't make a living as a QB on your back. The oline is a huge part of this but its not the only reason. He never just throws it away, ever. All the greats throw it away when its not there. That alone will keep him fresher and force him to make better reads eventually (or not).

Hey but what the hell folks... He executed a slide that didn't look like an octopus on iceskates! That my friends....is progress.

We kicked well overall

Our special teams costed us 8 points in one game, that is pretty bad.... I agree that Roberts looked very good, and that is a relief finally.

Well, **** it. I guess my opinion isn't popular. I get that..but compared to last year we are light years better.

I think we know what you are saying Mike. It's just a shame those two mistakes marred what was a greatly improved outing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.