• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2010 Draft Order (Redskins Pick 4th) - updated 1/18

I feel better going into this draft with Allen running the show. Don't have a problem with getting Jarmon in supplemental draft last year.

I've been pretty happy with Jarmon, when the Skins drafted him Vinny had basically said that the Skins were going to develop him for a year (which meant to me ride the bench). The fact that he got any playing time and had a decent amount of production, especially in a scheme run by Greg Blache who never likes to use rookies (see Kevin Barnes) says a great deal.

good pick.

The 4th pick in the draft must play and contribute from day 1. This team cannot draft a QB and plan to sit him for a year. The most beneficial move is to start rebuilding the line with the 1st and 2nd round picks, like Okung in the first and Iupati in the 2nd.

Updated full list following the results from the Divisional Round of the playoffs. All but the last 4 spots are now set.

Another thought with our first-round pick, and one that wouldn't surprise me - what about CJ Spiller? Would probably be more likely in a trade-back scenario, but Spiller would fit perfectly in Shanahan's zone-blocking scheme. Also, zone-blocking OL are easier to find than other linemen, so maybe Shanny thinks he can find them in the later rounds, or through FA (UDFAs included).

Thoughts?

what about CJ Spiller?

Thoughts?

Possible I suppose in a trade back scenario late in the 1st. But with Shanahan's system, I truly believe that the coaches believe that they can get good production from a lower grade of talent.

So my guess is keep an eye on the 4th round pick for a RB. Also don't be surprised with Shanahan trying to mold Anthony Alridge to be the guy in 2010.

I really think the 1st and 2nd round picks (or whatever we get in trade backs if we trade back) will be for finding players to build his style of O-line. Or we'll see a QB or OLB get drafted.

I think Alridge will definitely be in the mix. My concern with him is ball security. Seems like he put on the ground too many times in preseason.

I think the Skins will have some options that Shanahan will use at the RB position. He is very high on Alridge. I would be shocked if he didn't bring in Ryan Torain too. He had a lot of hype coming out of college he has just not been able to stay healthy as here tore his ACL late in the 2008 season. So he might get a shot to prove something. Also if the Broncos cut Peyton Hillis (13 carries in 2009) I could also see him coming in. Not to mention, I think Portis comes in with something to prove this year. Saying all that I think Shanahan probably still has his eye on a RB in the draft this year, but probably not the first round and not C.J Spiller.

BTW anybody interested in watching prospects, the East-West game is on this afternoon on ESPN2 3:00PM EST.

This is good for watching day 2 and day 3 players mostly.

Next Saturday is the Senior Bowl (NFL Network) which is usually 1st rounders although Pat White was the MVP last season.

My blog has a list of other draft dates (Combine, Draft etc.) if you are interested.

Give a recap of game if possible. Trying to get out work a little early. As soon as leave heading to a wrestling tournament. My son is in consulation semi's.

Give a recap of game if possible. Trying to get out work a little early. As soon as leave heading to a wrestling tournament. My son is in consulation semi's.

I have both the Senior Bowl and East/West Shrie games on the ol DVR, just need to get around to watching and taking notes.
-WD

Finally got around to my first Redskins mock. Here's the excerpt from my blog:
http://walkingdeadmanblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/meaningless-mock-draft-10-redskins-only.html

1st round (#4) Russel Okung, OT- Right now many are going QB with this pick, but I just don't see it with Bradford. Especially when recent 1st round QBs have been day 1 starters. Sam Bradford seems to be more of a developing project according to some and that may not fit with where the Redskins are going at least with the 4th overall pick. Some have Anthony Davis as the best tackle in the draft (he could be I haven't seen a great deal of him on tape) but Okung looked like the ideal offensive linemen in the game I watched of him. Plus, he is considered an elite pass blocker which is critical in the NFC East.

2nd round (#37) Dan LeFevour, QB- I think it's really a stretch here but right now, this could be the pick if the Skins want to draft a young QB with the intent on possibly making him a starter down the line. This is a generally bad QB draft class, but I think LeFevour, Tony Pike or another QB could be an option here. Frankly, I think it would be more prudent drafting another OT or OG, CB, LB here. However since there seems to be a general desire to find Jason Campbell's heir apparent, this would be the most likely spot to address the need.

3rd round (used in 2009 Supplemental draft)- Jeremy Jarmon, DE- A good pick by Vinny Cerrato. Hopefully he will recover from the ACL injury and be a dominant run stuffing DE for years to come.

4th Round (#100) Amari Spievey, CB- this is unlikely that he'll be here. He'll probably be gone by then and again maybe 2nd round would be a good place to get a corner. Good height, skills, smarts and willing to play the run sounds like a good fit for a team that struggled in the secondary in 2009.

5th Round (#131) LeGarrette Blount, RB- this could be a huge steal for the Redskins with this pick, Blount has been a pretty good RB in his days at Oregon and has fresher legs b/c of his suspension. He looked good at the Senior Bowl and may have grown up after being suspended. Before anybody questions the character concerns here, remember Shanahan drafted Maurice Clarett in the 3rd round when he was with the Broncos. Blount could be battling for a starting spot if the Skins draft him.

7th round Sergio Render, OG (#195)- The Skins could go any route with their final pick but I think they'll target another lineman to develop. However, this could easily be a DT or a skill position/STs player.

Alternate Mock: I'll keep rounds 4-7 the same but at #4 it would be Sam Bradford, QB, which means at #37 I think the Skins would take Charles Brown, OT because I think Brown fits Shanahan's scheme better than maybe Vladimir Ducasse (who I like) and would be a good prospect LT.

Also, I'm starting to think that the Skins will stay at #4 but trade back at #37 and try to get another 3rd or 4th rounder out of the deal.

I think 2nd round is a little high for LeFevour...he's projected as 4th-5th round guy I think. So maybe you can switch your 2nd and 4th rounders!

I agree that LeFevour is probably not 2nd round but I think he may be taken in the 3rd round because an already thin QB selection is going to be scarfed up pretty quickly so teams looking for back-ups or projects may grab whatever they can get that seems reasonable. I think either a CB or a OG would be good for 2nd round picks with either RB or QB or another OT in round 4. There's just too many needs to fill with one draft for everybody to feel happy-plus right now we still don't have a clue as to Shanny's FA/draft strategy so who knows what he may try to fanagle as far as possibly picking up another first or, more probably, second round pick or a couple farther down.

I think 2nd round is a little high for LeFevour...he's projected as 4th-5th round guy I think. So maybe you can switch your 2nd and 4th rounders!

yeah, it's a stretch and based on Shanahan and the Skins track records on drafting corners, I think 2nd round would be a good spot (although I would like a guard pr a RT at #37).

Honestly, there is a great deal of talent in positions that we need with exception to QB, so if we don't take a qb in this draft, my feeling won't be hurt too much.

As for LeFevour, I expect his draft stock to rise a great deal as we get to the draft. He had one of the better Senior bowls and I bet he'll have good combine and pro day workouts. Prior to the senior bowl, it looked like he'd be a day 3 guy, now I think before it's said and done he might be an early third/ate second guy. Like I said, this is a weak QB draft and after Bradford and Clausen, the talent level drops off significantly.

If we're super lucky, the OC from Florida will drop to #37 - but I highly doubt it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.