• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

BGO Tailgate Info Thread

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Not to step on your toes Big Mike but the last BGO Tailgate thread turn into what resembles a group of teenage girls discussing their plans that weekend, turning into 11 pages of giddy excitement. :rotflmao:

This thread is for planning only. Please RSVP here with a bit of info.

1. When you're showing up. Either to the hotel saturday night, the hotel sunday morning, or the tailgate directly.

2. What you're bringing, if anything.

3. How many people are coming w/ you.

I'll update the info as it comes in here so we can get a running tally on what's going on.

I've also talked to a buddy of mine more in depth about location and have 3 possible spots, depending on how things shake out. The plan on Sunday Morning is to have a group head over EARLY. 7 - 7:30 early to get in line at the gate. Obviously the WHOLE tailgate wont take shape until we get to the location, but the pre-pregame can start then. Even if you don't to stay at the hotel but want to meet us early to ride over together, it would be cool.

I've also been made aware that the "saving of spots" has been kind of cut down on. Obviously we are going to do our best to hold spots for people showing up throughout the morning, but we might have to have people park a short distance from the main spot, and we can all chip in to help carry stuff if need be.

Sorry Mods if this is redundant... just thought it would be a good idea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attending / Staying at the Hotel Sat Night

BigMike and Sian
SilentThreat and Ashlee
Jugband
SC_Redskinsfan and Kelly
Goaldeje and Wife

Attending

Boone
tshile and Wife
BigMike's Brother and Wife
Hunny, Erik, Mike
CounterTrey
Elephant and Wife
SNF and Wife
Skinsfan1311

Below is the overhead shot of the parking lot. The black square is the tailgate, the Burgundy arrows are the markers for the entrances to the lots themselves, and the Gold arrows are the lanes to turn down to get to the general area. There are 3 possible spots that I've been eyeballing, but we wont know which one EXACTLY until the vehicles are actually parked, but we will be in that square.

The bottom pic is the actual parking area. The thing at the top that looks like a + sign is a light pole. I BELIEVE that light pole says F40, but don't quote me. One of us can post an update here once we're sure, unless someone can confirm it ahead of time. The two light colored arrows are 2 of the target areas, and for the ladies who were asking, the burgundy arrow points out Porta-potties.

Thanks to SC we have a POV shot of the intended parking area. He's on the edge of the grassline at the edge of the lot. That's the first shot but we might end up on the grass median, or the parking row on the opposite side of the grassline from where the pic was taken... Depends on how thing are stacking up when we get there.

BGO Parking lot.jpg

Attachments

• BGO lot entrance.jpg
    BGO lot entrance.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 113
  • BGO Parking area.jpg
    BGO Parking area.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
1. We will get to the hotel Saturday afternoon, and will be there for the Sat night throw down, and sunday morning for the caravan!

2. Gear: 1 canopy, 6 folding chairs, 2 tables, 1 propane grill, 1 propane fire pit, flagpole and Redskins Flag, I will also have misc plates napkins plastic cups, and utensils.

Edit: I will also be bringing a Radio, and a football

Food: 7lb boston butt that I am smoking on thursday night, a couple pounds of smoked nuts, 15 brats and buns for after the game.

beverages: 12 - 22oz bottles of Hopping Frog, I also have a variety 12 pack of Great Lakes, a 6 pack of Elevator Three Frogs IPA, a 6 pack of Indigo Imp Blonde Bombshell, and a 4 pack of Dogfish 90 Minute IPA 1 bottle of Cleveland Whiskey, I am sure I will have some regular beer as well, 1 case of water, and soda

3. My wife and I will be there.

Last edited:
My wife and I will be there Sat night sometime, I just got a room at the Radisson. We will be bringing beer cheese and crackers, and if anyone would like us to throw in some other snacks or something, speak up. We can bring whatever is needed to fill in the gaps.

Wife and I are attending tailgate. Plan to be there by 10.
Bringing:
Burgers and fixings
Small table
3 folding chairs
13x13 canopy
Cornhole
Water
Small grill (like real small) and various grilling supplies.

I will be there with my husband, Erik, and his friend, Mike.

We are bringing venison back strap wrapped in bacon, hot-dogs, a grill & grill supplies, a 24 pack of "cheap" beer (Miller/Bud), paper plates and napkins, plastic utensils, a few chairs.. If we can chip in any other way, just let me know.

ETA: Just the tailgate. Can't make it Saturday night.

my brother and his wife will be at the tailgate/game as well and will ride in with us.

we will bring a big cooler full of random craft beers
a small portable grill
burgers and dogs
snacks of various types

does anyone have a radio or a way of pumping music in to the tailgate?

I am bringing my 20v Dewalt work radio, it will rock us!

It's thursday. I'm doing all my prep stuff Saturday since I want to leave early on Sunday. I'm assuming around 20 point at this point, does that seem fair?

SC_RedskinsFan - how big is the grill you're bringing? I'm thinking of cooking up some wings in the oven saturday, heating them up and saucing them on Sunday using one of the grills, but I'ma lso going to have burgers and my little grill will be maxed from either. I'm betting the grill Mike is bringing is roughly the same.

Finally - is there anyone from the crew going early that feels comfortably PM'ing me a phone number so I can call when i get through the gates to figure out where the hell you guys wound up landing, and saving me a spot to park? I'm going to be there by 10 (hoping more like 9:30) so saving it shouldn't be difficult. If you can't then it's fine.

F- 40 Tshile and we'll save ya a spot for sure. I'm bringing a grill as well, we'll have plenty. :)

I'm bringing a 30 (at least) of some easy-drinking beer. While I look forward to sampling a "good" beer or two, I'm a cheap date, and can't drink the good stuff all day. Derek, do you still want bottles? Cans would be more convenient, but if you want bottles, I'll bring bottles.

Also, I planned on making my Mom's crab dip, but funds are a little tight. (Bonus check was delayed.) I may end up doing queso instead, with a couple bags of tortilla chips. I can also snag a few more grab-and-go food items if need be.

Sorry if I come off as "that guy." I'd love to be able to bring a four-course dinner for 50. I'm poor. Not cheap. :)

If fed ex is anything like san diego you cant have bottles and all has to go in to a cup for

You can bring whatever but try to limit glass beer bottles etc as if they break it can be a mess and dangerous to those that partake too much

Bottles are for Saturday night.. There's a separate reason for them.

You can bring whatever but try to limit glass beer bottles etc as if they break it can be a mess and dangerous to those that partake too much

Lol...ask Dead Money about that one. :)

It's thursday. I'm doing all my prep stuff Saturday since I want to leave early on Sunday. I'm assuming around 20 point at this point, does that seem fair?

SC_RedskinsFan - how big is the grill you're bringing? I'm thinking of cooking up some wings in the oven saturday, heating them up and saucing them on Sunday using one of the grills, but I'ma lso going to have burgers and my little grill will be maxed from either. I'm betting the grill Mike is bringing is roughly the same.

Finally - is there anyone from the crew going early that feels comfortably PM'ing me a phone number so I can call when i get through the gates to figure out where the hell you guys wound up landing, and saving me a spot to park? I'm going to be there by 10 (hoping more like 9:30) so saving it shouldn't be difficult. If you can't then it's fine.

Yes I will have plenty of room on my grill, and I have and adapter for it so it uses the 20lb tanks not the little ones 0007650123278_AV2_300X300.jpg

awesome.
still not sure i'm doing the wings, but i may.
i think we're going to have enough food without them, and i'm not a great wing cooker. i'm trying but i'm just not there yet ;\

What do we need? It looks like all bases are covered and I don't drink booze so that is out. What would you guys like that has not been discussed. The wife has not made up her mind yet, but she may come to tailgate and leave before the game. She has a gig that night but really wants to meet Mike. Mike, I think she loooooooooves you! If she comes, she is going to bring the boy and leave around noon. We plan to arrive at 9ish.

Edit: Of course, I will have camera in hand so beware!

What do we need? It looks like all bases are covered and I don't drink booze so that is out. What would you guys like that has not been discussed. The wife has not made up her mind yet, but she may come to tailgate and leave before the game. She has a gig that night but really wants to meet Mike. Mike, I think she loooooooooves you! If she comes, she is going to bring the boy and leave around noon. We plan to arrive at 9ish.

Edit: Of course, I will have camera in hand so beware!

Buns maybe? Unless the dog and burger people are bringing them

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I was planning on bringing the stuff needed for the burgers (cheese, buns, lettuce, tomato, onion, etc)

I would think any kind of snack food will go over well. I'm not sure what the plate and paper towel situation is.

I can get utensils and plates if no one has planned to do so.

Derek, when you are out in line at the gate to enter, do you cook breakfast? I did not plan to come tremendously early, but I could swing down a little earlier than planned and bring something...donuts or the like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.