• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

We are a different team at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that's going to help us all that much to be honest. No matter how the teams are doing, the Giants always have our number....

Did we even attempt one screen today?

12 rushing attempts by 4 different players. That is pathetic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pretty funny how all the pro Griffin folks got jumped when / if they brought up poor line play accounting for sacks, as it was all the QB's fault, yet tonight in the first thread I opened, the first post I see is somebody posting how all the sacks aren't on Cousins, that the line had a bad day.... bla bla bla

Hmmmmm

And yes, I actually did bring up the Anti Christ.... sue me :)

Gruden on 'huge' impact of Culliver's controversial negated TD | CSN Mid-Atlantic

That score would have given the Redskins a 21-14 lead, only it was called back by the referees. The call was unnecessary roughness on Culliver, and from there, Washington fell apart.

"It was a huge deal for us," Gruden said after the game of the Culliver penalty.

"We didn't handle it very well as a staff and we didn't handle it very well as a team."

Why in the hell would you freely admit to that?

Pretty funny how all the pro Griffin folks got jumped when / if they brought up poor line play accounting for sacks, as it was all the QB's fault, yet tonight in the first thread I opened, the first post I see is somebody posting how all the sacks aren't on Cousins, that the line had a bad day.... bla bla bla

Hmmmmm

And yes, I actually did bring up the Anti Christ.... sue me :)

Who said all the sacks aren't on Cousins?

Good news....cam threw for under 300!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Who would sacrifice one of their pinky toes if the team would be guaranteed payloffs for 10 straight years?

I sure as hell would at this point

I don't think scheme is the problem on defense...we are hitting them either behind or at the LOS. It is the fundamentals like tackling we are lacking. I would bet that if we tackled properly we could be in the top 10 run defenses in the league. That, and sacks would happen more often.

Mark Bullock ‏@MarkBullockNFL · 3h3 hours ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Dan Kadar
#Redskins currently hold 12th pick, but if Lions, 49ers and Cowboys win and Skins lose next week, they jump to 5th

Poor ole grudes..."just can't catch a break".

What exactly is your point? Did you (or those liking your snarky comment) even click on the link - I'm betting not. All Gruden stated was that the call was difficult to overcome, that they had the opportunity to move on from it and should have done a better job of doing so. That's exactly what you want your coach to say. There was not a shred of 'poor us' in his comments.

Personally, I'd like to see fewer words and more... acutally, you know, overcoming adversity. Last year, I was told repeatedly that me asking for patience at the time was ridiculous. So now that I'm being asked for patience, funny, but I don't feel as generous this time.

Yeah, I liked a snarky comment. Anything that brings me a little happiness yesterday and today after watching my favorite team get crushed is alright with me, my friend. I'm so ****ing sick of losing and listening to (and making) excuses.

Bottom line, imo, Griffin and Gruden still divide this team (or at least the fans) and we'll all be better off when they're both gone. Maybe then we can get focused on building something.

Or fans could get over it and stop obsessing over a guy on the perpetual inactive list :)

You can like whatever you want to like as can Pete - I'm simply calling out yet another drive by snarky post that if I'm being honest doesn't rise to the level of thoughtful conversation we'd like to see more of here. If we're going to post snark, read the article and make sure it's actually worthy of mocking (like my picking the Skins to win yesterday - now there's a snark-worthy topic!).

I don't think that's unreasonable.

why is that guy on the perpetual inactive list? The same reason that Moss was last year even though we lost WRs left and right? I'm sorry but sometimes calling a spade a spade is what is appropriate. Gruden's personal feelings and stubborn attitude hurt this team far more than it helps. we have won 8 games in 2 years...he deserves the bashing.

he bashes Griffin in interviews and tells him "he needs to learn his place" while telling you how and where Griff ****ed up, yet will tell the media over and over "its not fair to blame Cousins for all of this". He isn't fair, he isn't honest, and he has been letting his personal agenda get in the way of the greater good since he walked through the door.

I didn't "like" the comment...but I think Gruden deserves a lot worse than that.

Or fans could get over it and stop obsessing over a guy on the perpetual inactive list :)

You can like whatever you want to like as can Pete - I'm simply calling out yet another drive by snarky post that if I'm being honest doesn't rise to the level of thoughtful conversation we'd like to see more of here. If we're going to post snark, read the article and make sure it's actually worthy of mocking (like my picking the Skins to win yesterday - now there's a snark-worthy topic!).

I don't think that's unreasonable.

So the smiley makes the snarky comment OK? Good to know. :)

As for the substance of that comment, I'm not obsessing over Griffin, the dude needs to go. I don't begrudge Scot for keeping him here this year, but there needs to be a plan in place for him for next year, hopefully one that sends him to an AFC team. But you know what, I'm not above rolling my eyes at people who cry for patience for Gruden. I could give you the laundry list of reasons Robert should have been afforded patience, and he wasn't; yet now, Gruden is learning, Kirk is learning, whatever.

I see a lot more promise in Kirk than I do in Gruden. Kirk has potential to be a decent starter, and he needs more time to develop. Gruden is a buffoon who stumbled his way through his entire tenure with the Redskins. If he were trying to screw the team on purpose, I'm not sure he could have effed up more than he's done to this point. When I see people continue to make excuses for his buffoonery, I get tired of it. The sooner he, and Griffin, are out of DC, the better off we all will be.

Hall would be a better safety than Trenton Robinson if he had to go out on the field and move around on his knees.

For the umpteenth year in a row we have bupkis at safety.

If Jeron Johnson couldn't unseat Robinson for half the season as the starter, then we are going to be looking for another 3-4 safeties this offseason.

Draft picks, trades, free agents - we can never seem to luck out and find a gem.

You know what Goal I agree - I'll keep working on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.