• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

665dc44afb8e99c201d8d7259557c142.jpg

Jones laying that hit to the delight of our D.

Guess LeRibeus was the only one to not get the message....

I know it's Wilfork but dammit man! Put some rocks in your pocket or glue in your shoes..........

;)

665dc44afb8e99c201d8d7259557c142.jpg

Jones laying that hit to the delight of our D.

View attachment 2438

THAT is a large human being right there.

Quick technical curiosity question regarding this two pics.....When I click on that Jones it, it downloads the picture, but if I click on the Scherff pic, it loads it into a new tab. Is it the difference in how the picture was loaded? Or maybe it's just me. :smile2: Anyway to have them appear inline like the videos?

Quick technical curiosity question regarding this two pics.....When I click on that Jones it, it downloads the picture, but if I click on the Scherff pic, it loads it into a new tab. Is it the difference in how the picture was loaded? Or maybe it's just me. :smile2: Anyway to have them appear inline like the videos?

I don't know buddy, I just posted mine via the button on the Quick Reply tab

Rocky camp continues for Redskins' Forbath | Comcast SportsNet Washington

But Forbath is the main cause for concern. He has had a rocky camp so far and it continued on Saturday. Forbath went three for five with makes from 33, 38, and 43 yards and misses from 40 and 48.

To be sure, the wind was swirling some and the field was damp due to an expected rain shower. But such conditions will happen during games and kickers deal with them all the time.

If the Redskins were inclined to move on from Forbath based on his performance in practice they may have done so some time ago. Jay Gruden has said a few times that Forbath often struggles in practices but he comes through in games. He has connected on 88.1 percent of his field goal attempts in his career.

But if his struggles should carry over to preseason games, the team would have to consider making a change. If they don’t have confidence in Long, they could hold tryouts and find another competitor for Forbath.

I've always wondered why the team has never brought in any serious competition for Forbath. It's always a college free agent or it seems like it.

It can only benefit the team to bring in some real competition, right?

They wasted a draft pick on a kicker last year to compete with him. He wasn't any better than Forbath.

Hocker? My point still stands. No serious competition.

Hocker wasn't even considered one of the best kicking prospects in last year's draft.

IMO, they should invite a couple of kickers to camp and let them duke it out. If Forbath's the last one standing...great. If not, we've found someone better.

Rocky camp continues for Redskins' Forbath | Comcast SportsNet Washington

I've always wondered why the team has never brought in any serious competition for Forbath. It's always a college free agent or it seems like it.

It can only benefit the team to bring in some real competition, right?

Agree. But the reason they have never gotten close to replacing him is that he is the most solid kicker in gametime that we've had in 20 years. Yeah, I know, the kickoffs could be better. But with the new rules, chances of a return are much lower, and I think that lessens the importance of having a huge leg on kickoffs. He's made almost all the short and intermediate kicks he's been asked to make in crunch time (22/25 from 40-49 yards). Biggest criticism he probably deserves is that the team doesn't trust him from 50 yards and out which could limit our options at the end of a game (although he is 2/4 from beyond 50). But that 88.1% FG's made is a pretty good number and remember he hit 17 straight in 2012 missing just once that year - impressive.

Forbath is OK for this team. If we need the kicker to win games we are not very good. I don't want to see a FG outside the 30. 3 downs, 4 downs whatever, we need to score in the red zone td's. We showed last year we morphed into a 4 down offense. So I'm down with that, whatever it takes to get there, including fake field goal attempts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.