• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

If course, the over/under on how long before some talking empty head says the Skins are busy "winning the offseason" again is about 15 minutes after we sign our next guy. [emoji57]

Ya gotta admit tho fans can be just as predictable every offseason, as the media is.
We can always guarantee there will be a bunch of fans who think our first draft pick will be an absolute insane choice - a WTF pick....and/or our 2nd pick, 3rd, etc

I was enjoying the "radio silence" that the Redskins have employed up until the news today.

Was feeling like the good Ol days, where you heard nothing until someone was actually signed.

Here's what's been funny to me so far: had the Redskins pulled the moves Chip Kelly has the last few days, the press would be howling ,with the gist of the comments being " what the hell are they doing?!!"

With Kelly and the Eagles...nothing. Even some praise thrown their way.
Pretty amusing.....

Last edited:
The Redskins are doing what they should be doing, coming off 4-12.

There's a lot of holes to fill and no way one big signing is going to cover all the blemishes.

We sign 2 defensive linemen that are 26/27 and 28 on deals that have them up by age 31, and bios suggest these are 100% effort, high motor guys that earn their keep.

We need more talent, but we need a better locker room too.

No more smiles and laughter after losing football games.

I was enjoying the "radio silence" that the Redskins have employed up until the news today.

Was feeling like the good Ol days, where you heard nothing until someone was actually signed.

Here's what's been funny to me so far: had the Redskins pulled the moves Chip Kelly has the last few days, the press would be howling ,with the gist of the comments being " what the hell are they doing?!!"

With Kelly and the Eagles...nothing. Even some praise thrown their way.
Pretty amusing.....

When they aren't winning 10 games every season, the criticism will come.

Last edited:
The pukes seemed to get past that excuse last year. Maybe we can drop that as an excuse now.
We also got hit with a bigger fine than they did. Perspective is a mother****er.

Om, I wonder if Scot M. might not cause the Redskins to enjoy more sports media slack before any such declarations are made given the seemingly universal praise the Redskins got for hiring him in the first place.

probably...right up to the moment the final draft pick is selected!

Serv...what ya think: IMO there's a big difference between what Kelley is doing and what the Skins have done in the past. kelley has a specific vision and plan. The Skins just sorta threw stuff against the wall to see what stuck. Kelley is certainly playing high stakes - with QB being the biggest gamble of all.

probably...right up to the moment the final draft pick is selected!

Serv...what ya think: IMO there's a big difference between what Kelley is doing and what the Skins have done in the past. kelley has a specific vision and plan. The Skins just sorta threw stuff against the wall to see what stuck. Kelley is certainly playing high stakes - with QB being the biggest gamble of all.

Oh, I agree that there seems a more coherent strategy involved with what Kelly is doing in terms of having an overall goal in mind but what I question is the direction that goal seems to be taking. If it is as some have suggested-The Oregon Ducks or their type of football as an NFL team-then I think he may be in for some rude surprises.

Let's just say I'm glad I'm not an Eagles fan. They must be pulling their hair out about now.

The only plan I see from Kelly is that he values his system over players, and that I believe he's going all in on Mariota.

Re-signing Sanchez makes me believe that he either has doubts about the health or ability of Nick Foles. And after that one impressive season, he knows Foles can play.

I find it hard to believe than anyone on earth would take Sanchez over a healthy Nick Foles. I expect Foles to be dealt, and for the Eagles to sell the proverbial farm for Mariota.

Let's compare Chip's first two seasons to...the old ball coach. 20-12 vs. 12-20.

All Chip does is win consistently.

Yeah, I'm sure Eagle fans hate that.
which was because he had one of the best backs in the league and two upper tier wideouts in Jackson and Maclin..who are now no longer there.

Look at it this way: Would you trade a 26 yr old back for a 31 yr old with the mileage Gore has?
That in itself should raise the red flag.

Talent still matters in this league.

Last edited:
Oh, I agree that there seems a more coherent strategy involved with what Kelly is doing in terms of having an overall goal in mind but what I question is the direction that goal seems to be taking. If it is as some have suggested-The Oregon Ducks or their type of football as an NFL team-then I think he may be in for some rude surprises.

Let's just say I'm glad I'm not an Eagles fan. They must be pulling their hair out about now.

We're glad you're not an Eagles fan too, Serv. Though the fact that you type in complete, non-profanity-laced sentences tipped us all off.

It's going to be interesting to watch how players around the league react to the Chip Kelly phenomenon. It's become clear he places higher value on "buy in" from players than he does pure talent. As long as that works, great ... the question will be whether or not it is sustainable. Part of that sustainability will be based on his ability to attract free agents he believes will fit into his grand scheme, as he was able to do at Oregon.

There are different realities in the NFL that will govern his ability to keep a roster stocked and "buying in," when dealing with professional players to whom getting paid is every bit if not more important than bleeding the colors for the greater good.

Looks like Andrew Luck convinced Frank Gore the Colts are closer than the Eagles, so Frank may not be coming to Philly after all.

Chip Kelley has gone 10-6, congratulations. That is not 14-2 and winning a Super Bowl.

Right now his starting quarterback for the opener is Mark Sanchez, sans other moves to come.

With his moves to trade away playmakers on offense and defense, he has a LOT of lifting to do.

If he turns over this roster as he has and continues to win and moves forward towards a championship, then I will admit he is this generation's version of Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells.

Until then he is still a coach whose team missed the playoffs last season.

Kelley inherited Andy Reid's playoff team, did he not. why are you giving full credit for kelley winning with Reid's players (who would have won without Kelley). Kelley hasn't shown me anything yet. Now we'll see what everyone else in the league already knows, you can't win without impact star players. Its not the system, its the players.....hello

With Gore goin to the Colts, and Philly desperate for a RB, I wonder if we could deal Silas Redd to them

You'd probably have to feel comfortable with Helu if you were the Redskins, and there are still some much bigger names available for Philly.

Lots of RBs out there.

Ten years ago today we got moss in a trade. one of the best trades ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.