• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Random Commanders Thoughts

Monday's game against KC will be a far better barometer of where the team is than the last 3 weeks. Reid has generally always put together very qualified teams even if they fall short and KC has again looked to be a major player in the AFC since Reid took over. The worst part, I hate waiting til Monday.

Indeed!

I think it was looking at the break down of the ranks for Offense and Defense for both us and KC (in the 'All you need to know' thread that Boone put up earlier) that I was struck by how well we rank across the board in comparison to KC. Our D ranks significantly higher than theirs while their O ranks a smidgen higher than ours.

Also conversely... Alex Smith had a monster first game against NE, but hasn't been as impressive since. His stats have generally declined over the three games as he returns to 'mean' Alex Smith after that monster NE game.

I like our chances this week IF we can continue our trend upwards.

I'm firmly hoping that we follow-up last weeks win with a very competitive effort. Playing once again on a national stage against a good team in a tough place to play, a team that won't be taken by surprise, and with our team coming off of a dream performance and the subsequent week of love and attention, this week will answer many questions.

Wow - had no idea that was the case Chris. I think the stat would be more meaningful/worrisome if we played them frequently. The fact that we have probably played them less often than nearly any other team means there have been long periods between clashes. For me, that probably makes that pathetic record more coincidental than anything else. But that may be wishful thinking.

I like the fact that our biggest challenge of the 2017 season (facing a very talented Raiders team) is immediately followed by an even bigger challenge. Our guys got to feel what playing a great game and coming up with a big unexpected win, feels like. I sense that they want to do it again on an even bigger stage.

I hope I'm right, but I don't expect to see a let down game from these guys.

Well we had beaten Philly 5 in a row so streaks are made to be broken. ;)

I was at Arrowhead the last time we played there, very tough place to play. And an unbelievable aroma in the parking lot.

Chiefs give up a lot of yardage then in the red zone the defense turns into super defense

Has there been any word on if Niles, Davis and can't remember the 3rd plan on kneeling again? Just curious

KDawg - I respect your football acumen a great deal and so I had a few questions to your points - all in red below within quoted text. Would be curious to get yours (and others) take. I was unable to watch the game myself as I was out of the country for work but have been hearing accolades galore over the Skins performance.

I have a lot of thoughts:

1. Kirk Cousins, after one horrendous week and one decent week looked like a guy who deserves all the money he wants. I'm guessing we're going to see a little up and down to make us question the move throughout the year so I won't overreact. But he looked VERY good.The skins absolutely need to lock this guy up. At this point, the real danger is that he says "f-u" after the season because of the unprofessional way the FO has handled his situation

2. Did Josh Doctson look like he surprised himself when he caught that touchdown pass? He caught it and then was almost at a weird, "I dropped it" pace after he hauled it in. Gruden needs to get him more involved - was he open a lot on routes and just not get his number called by Kirk?

3. Crowder is explosive.

4. Chris Thompson is a monster. I'm so glad we have him locked up. Absolute STUD.

5. The offensive line is looking more and more comfortable each week. I watched a lot of red zone yesterday and cohesively they are one of the better units in the league right now. I'd still feel more comfortable if we prioritize G/C in the draft next year but I like that we are relying on the run more. Do they seem to be improving in run blocking in your view?

6. Ryan Grant is our most consistent wide receiver. We dogged him a bit, but the guy has been nothing short of consistent for the team. I still miss Garcon. That was a miss by our FO - he was so reliable.

7. Three games is no longer a good game, it's a trend: Kendall Fuller, Preston Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Zach Brown, Montae Nicholson, Josh Norman are playing outstanding football. How about Ionnides (sp?)? I heard he was looking good as well. Has Ryan Anderson gotten some playing time? Allen?

8. The defensive line was establishing the LOS 2-3 yards in the Raider backfield on almost every play. Individually no one is standing out. But as a group they have improved week after week and they are looking pretty damn impressive. How does Oakland's OL stack up vs others in the league? Did our DL look dominant because their OL sucks, in other words?

9. Our inside backers have been doing something I haven't seen from a Redskin defense since, well, I honestly can't remember. It's been at least a decade... Being AGGRESSIVE in their tackling. They are getting down hill, trusting their reads and bringing the thunder. And there is ALWAYS back up there if they miss. Which is probably the larger reason for them playing down hill like that. They trust that they have help... And they do. How long do we have Zach Brown locked up for? He seems like an absolute steal.

10. Manusky. I don't have anything else to say there. Just: Manusky. I read somewhere though where Manusky didn't really scheme much during the Oakland game. This is comforting to me as it basically means there is a lot of potential hidden upside once we do start to scheme to our opponent. Do you agree?

11. I love Crowder as our punt returner. I saw someone above saying we should change him, and I couldn't disagree more. We should keep him exactly where he is. The attitude of the team this season seems to be to play more aggressively. Not necessarily in play calls, but in execution. Just smash mouth, hard nosed football and doing it with confidence. Crowder made a mistake last night, but his aggressive demeanor back there is refreshing. I'd rather have that than Antwaan Randle-El style fair catches left and right.

12. The defense is for real. They are among the NFL's best. That doesn't mean they won't have a let down. They seem to operate with the ebb and flow of a game. When things are going well and the Skins are dominating, they play with a swagger that reminds me of the early 2000 Miami Hurricanes defenses. Just nasty, don't give a **** destroyers. So basically, it seems as though we aren't missing Cravens one bit?

13. Running back is still a concern to me. I'm not impressed with any of the every down backs. Perine is still developing, and could find his way. Way too early to decide where he's at. Mack Brown is intriguing, but why is he so low on the chart if he's as good as he looked in clean up duty last night? Rob Kelley flashes but then is average. He's definitely a guy we want around. Hard, smart runner who can protect. But he's not a bell cow. You can put Thompson in this group, but he's more of a receiver/change of pace running back than a guy that you can put back there on every play. Part of his allure is his ability to remain fresh and be explosive. I couldn't find any online highlights of Mack Brown - what was he doing that looked so good? I recall him looking strong in the 2016 offseason as well but then he went to the practice squad and I never heard from him after that

14. Our linebackers in coverage still make me a tad nervous.

If you want to talk about this - take it to the PA Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to get the convo back to football :)

(see prior post in response to KDawg)

Today - we are ALL Rams fans.

Go sheep! Errr... Rams!!!!!

Can I get an ‘Amen' brothers and sisters?

Apparently my prayers are enough - woo hoo!!!!!

Where the hell are you people? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.