• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

When is it OK to believe...I mean REALLY believe?

A couple of outstanding posts, thanks gents.

GSF, you're right of course. I think '82, in some ways, clouded my memory a little bit in a positive way. I was 8 at the time. 1991 was a different story. I was a senior in high school, and remember that season vividly. But your point that we didn't "dominate the decade" is well taken.

Henry, it was nice to see the details on the youth of this offense. I had been excited with our overall youth, and expected improvement. But to see the details in black and white is even more encouraging. I just hope we can shore up the defense, given our lack of draft picks and the cap penalty.

I dont think we should be counting on Davis and Paulsen flashes but also shows why he was undrafted sometimes. I agree that we have far more to be excited about than we did 4 weeks ago.

That's fair. I do think we should look at TE eventually because Paulsen is ... a really great backup. :)

But at this point I'd consider that a luxury. The offense is really humming right now.

actually I agree Henry, but I would still make Oline a priority, we need at least one standout to go with TW poreferably 2. but as it stands we need secondary very badly and a nose tackle as well as linebacker (I think fletch has to be close now)

honestly a think secondary needs to be the priority, even though a NT would be the biggest difference maker in this scheme. we are just so bad at corner right now.

Maybe Ryman. Maybe. I just can't help but think that if we had a space eating NT that demanded a double team every single play it would make ever position on the defense better. Cofield then moves into the DE rotation with Bowen, Carricker and Jenkins which strengthens that group. It also frees up Rak and Kerrigan on the outside by spreading the O-Line out.

I can't help but think that this might be the fastest way to make the D better in a visible way. Of course, finding a NT who fits that bill is also harder than finding good CB's.

y'know, I didn't really think about it tell I read the OP, but I think the chippiness is about the fact that people don't expect the Redskins to be winners. Teams are getting frustrated because they are getting beat by the Redskins and that frustration is manifesting in a lot of shoving and bad behavior. Mind you, we somehow seem to be the ones punished for it. Look at the Rams and Browns game in particular, but teams don't know how to handle a Redskins team that is good and able to beat them.

Maybe Ryman. Maybe. I just can't help but think that if we had a space eating NT that demanded a double team every single play it would make ever position on the defense better. Cofield then moves into the DE rotation with Bowen, Carricker and Jenkins which strengthens that group. It also frees up Rak and Kerrigan on the outside by spreading the O-Line out.

I can't help but think that this might be the fastest way to make the D better in a visible way. Of course, finding a NT who fits that bill is also harder than finding good CB's.

Glad to finally see someone else thinking the way I have been.

Henry that was an epic post.

The future is bright men.

For the first time in a long time I've enjoyed the season, Skins could go 0-2 in the next 2 weeks. I'm still happy. I won't lie however taking the division in a home game against Dallas wouldn't suck:chug3::allhail:

This post was not about what we need, it's about when we should begin to believe. Why do certain people always need to find of forum to criticize this team?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

h_h, I think it's time -- and I think it's time to believe not just that, on a wing and prayer, we'll be able to pull something this season only to arrive at the offseason with the certain knowledge that there's going to be some massive hurdle to overcome.

We can be optimistic not just about the present but the future.

Very exciting time to be a 'Skins fan.

As an aside, it would have been pretty awesome if Sean Taylor were around to be a part of this. He'd be 29 right now. Still miss him.

Two decades is a lot of bad juju to just throw off in a few short weeks. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the ride, it just means I don't have those winning expectations yet. Talk to me after they've clinched a playoff berth, maybe my attitude will have changed at that point.

Neo, I agree, thats why I said a NT would probably make the defence better faster because a real nose tackle would be a difference maker, I just think that the biggest issue on this team is a complete lack of ability to cover, so even though a great NT would immediately make us better, we NEED to be able to cover in todays NFL and we dont even have 1 true starting corner let alone the 3 that todays passing games require. so it becomes a numbers game.

Okay.. back in the Gibbs era, I was in my 20's.. I remember those feelings well... both the dominance of the 91 team, the up and down roller coaster of the "heart attack" Redskins... and I will admit, I'm starting to cautiously, at least WANT to believe now. It's been a long time since I've really been excited to sit down and watch a Redskins game, and know that we can be in the game no matter who we are playing.. and it gives me great satisfaction to know that the fans of that opposing team, as well as the team itself, really do not want to play us and are NOT looking forward to the next decade or so of RG3/Morris/Cousins and whoever else we pull out of the hat.

But I want to be excited. I need something. Right now my life outside of football is stress-filled and at times really at a low point (which I won't go into). Football has ALWAYS been my escape, and this year could not have come at a better time. Instead of sitting, watching and wondering how we are going to screw up a game, I'm sitting and watching and waiting for us to do something to make up for a bad throw by Cousins or RGIII, and I know in my heart it is going to happen. Perhaps it doesn't... but that doesn't stop that feeling that it IS going to happen. I think that is called "believing."

I know what everyone is saying. And I, too am already thrilled with this year's team. Of course I will be disappointed if the next 2 games do not go the way we want, but the fact that we actually control our own destiny with 2 games to go.. and that destiny is the NFC East TITLE... is just totally.. well, awesomely exciting.

Everytime I see an interview with RGIII I fall in love with him more. His "political correctness", not putting his foot in his mouth, not guaranteeing anyone anything... not something you might see from a young rookie who thinks he's king of the hill... RGIII IS king of the hill, but you would never know it by listening to his interviews. Same with Morris. He's humble and he's more than happy to stand aside and let RGIII get the accolades, but he deserves his share, that's for sure.

And then Cousins.. in the Cleveland game. That just proved to all of us I think that the TEAM is getting there.. it doesn't necessarily rely on one player. It relies on a TEAM of players that are watching each other's backs. That is what teamwork is about... RGIII wants to be the best, he has said that, but not in a cocky, arrogant way.

I also think the article talking about Luck and RGIII coming out the same year and how they will just make each other better because of the competition is spot on. I had never looked at it that way but it's so true. They will always be looking at the other's stats, play, etc., and RGIII said it himself when asked about Luck...it's something that is probably going to continually be looked at since they came out together.

Anyway.. I'm excited. I feel that "itch" that wants to believe... and I may just give in and scratch it...

When we make it to the NFC championship game.

Don't be scared to believe. Jump in the waters it's nice....:dance:whats the worst thing that could happen?:oops: You put in too much faith only to see your hopes and dreams squashed into oblivion? That might cause serious damage to lesser fans....but us long time suffering and loyal beyond logic fans can eat that kind of heartbreak for brunch:moon:
Or you can take this winning streak for a test drive and say I knew it all along:sweetheart::thumbsup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.