• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wash Post.com: Observations From Day 2

I really appreciate the details, but the fact that Gano looked impressive compared to Rackers tells you all you need to know. Not only is this practice, it's early training camp practice. Assigning long term prospects based on what you are seeing now is really a stretch.

I really appreciate the details, but the fact that Gano looked impressive compared to Rackers tells you all you need to know. Not only is this practice, it's early training camp practice. Assigning long term prospects based on what you are seeing now is really a stretch.

Yeah, I thought I made it clear I am basing this off only one practice, but there is much more work to be done than I thought. I really thought that Griff would be much further along than this by now. I got an ear full from many who said this kid is the second coming, that he was capable of doing both when I said I thought he should stop the media circuit. He looked lost out there John. He did not look ready for prime time.

Again, I understand I am basing this off one practice, but last year when I went I was told to give John Beck a chance after one practice when I saw a real lack of talent there. Again, I am not saying Griff has no talent nor that he is on the same level as Beck. I know better. What I am saying is the kid looked lost yesterday. Was it the line? Was it the receivers dropping passes? Was it fatigue from a long media blitz? Was it my own expectations? I don't know, but he did not impress me yesterday except when he was moving out of the pocket...and even then he was inaccurate.

I was surprised with Griffith, he was working very hard.

You mean Griffin ? As in CG1 ?

Perry Riley claimed he'll have his best season ever, I could easily see that happening.

A little over-dramatizing, wouldn't ya say, considering his career is only 2 seasons long ? :laugh:

Last edited:
You mean Griffin ? As in CG1 ?

A little over-dramatizing, wouldn't ya say, considering his career is only 2 seasons long ? :laugh:

That's why I see it happening! :laugh:

He looked very good yesterday.

And yes, I meant Griffin...as in CG1.

El, I have a question; inferring from your statements above, it sounds like our starters on defense may be able to be more effective in pressuring QBs, is that what you saw?

serv, I truly believe it was less any sort of condemnation of the OL than it was of the readiness and talent of the starting DL. Our 2nd and 3rd team OL stood pretty tall against our 2nd and 3rd team DL, but our starting DL seems like they are on another planet and this could be the reason Griff is struggling so much.

El.....as noted earlier...it'll take some time for the o-line to gel. always does....it's not like this is a unit that has been together for several seasons...let alone last season!

well it should be that way. the investment in the defensive front has been much greater.

Cofield and Bowen were legit free agent signings. Jenkins was a high draft pick along with Kerrigan and Orakpo. Carriker was a #1 pick of the Rams before coming here in trade and is solid as the swing DE. Fletcher has only led the NFL in tackles overall for the past decade.

On offense, you have the #4 overall pick in Trent Williams and a GROUP OF GUYS.

Middle to low round picks and free agents whose previous teams didn't show much interest in resiging them (Lichtensteiger, Chester, Lee, etc.).

Shanahan maintains that the Skins look for a certain type of player for the ZBS that other teams may not covet so that is a part of this, but then you look at the short yardage and goal line problems this team has had and question whether having 285 guards and a center who is 295 is really going to feed the bulldog.

Thanks El. Those details are great for someone like myself who can't be at camp.

I appreciate you taking the time to post them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.