A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Happy Hour starts in five minutes.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default Have you ever found an MLM that you trust ?

    When you find out a product is MLM, do you automatically brush it off ?
    Or just become highly skeptical ?
    Or not skeptical at all ?
    Are there any good MLM products you have found ?
    What's your experience ?
    Am I asking too many questions ?
    Did that last sentence count as another question ?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  2. #2

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    I assume you're talking about multi-level marketing? If so, I don't brush off the product, but I do brush off the job. If not, I dont know what you're talking about.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  3. #3
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Yes - multi-level.

    So, you'll buy, you just won't sell ?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  4. #4

    Join Date
    02-01-10
    Location
    Waynesboro, VA
    Posts
    9,169
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    65
    James Madison

    Default

    Yeah, thigh it depends on what it is and if I need it of course. But all things being equal, I'd rather buy from someone I know, and buy local, than from a big box store.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    OLine. DLine. Secondary.

  5. #5
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Getting into any level of MLM has always set off warning sirens for me. I'll buy and use the products, but there's no way you could ever con me into selling them. Only the people at the very top ever make any money.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Only the people at the very top ever make any money.
    So, it's no different than working for your typical U.S. big corporation
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  7. #7
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    So, it's no different than working for your typical U.S. big corporation
    Good point. But in those corporations, there is sadly a more realistic chance of getting to the top.

    The Man Cave MLM project is perhaps the worst I've ever witnessed in my life. The concept is awesome, the products are awesome, but you have to spend hundreds out of your own pocket to throw a party to demonstrate the stuff and try to sign other people up. The huge flaw is, the people who are interested don't buy squat from you, they order the kit to do it for themselves, and you're left holding an empty wallet and you're out $200 for the steak and burger party you just threw. meanwhile the scumbags at the top sold a dozen more kits. So not only did you not make a dime, and you actually pissed away your own money, but you turned a profit for the two douches running the program.

    They hounded me for months trying to get me to go in on it before I finally clearly spelled out their scam to them and why they couldn't pay me to get involved. Never heard from the again. Check out the steaming pile of con for yourself.....

    http://www.mancaveworldwide.com/

    Penn&Teller worked them over on their Bull**** show......

    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y60XdZJG83U[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m_4S5BtIbk&feature=relmfu[/video]

    Oh yeah, NSFW (Penn likes to say **** a lot)
    Last edited by Nobody; 05-12-12 at 01:38 AM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  8. #8

    NFL Pickem Champion 2015

    Join Date
    08-04-09
    Location
    Sparta,NC
    Posts
    2,630
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

    Default

    Whew...I thought MLM stood for Major League Mammaries.

    I was going to say that there was already a thread for that......
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  9. #9
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Just for the fun of it, could you guys check out these testimonials, and tell me the SAME guy doesn't appear during the SAME seminar, giving TWO DIFFERENT names and testimonials.

    There's a guy that appears to speak twice during this "seminar" and he's wearing different clothing each time, and the 2nd time his hair is messed up a little to seem to disguise him, as well. HOWEVER - his voice, entire face, and physical build are all identical.
    So, to me, it's clearly a use of paid actors, and fake testimonials.

    He appears at 3:49 in the video and then 5:54.

    What's your impression ?

    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4FeI0aZLwc[/video]
    Last edited by Fear The Spear; 05-13-12 at 05:06 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  10. #10
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    Just for the fun of it, could you guys check out these testimonials, and tell me the SAME guy doesn't appear during the SAME seminar, giving TWO DIFFERENT names and testimonials.

    There's a guy that appears to speak twice during this "seminar" and he's wearing different clothing each time, and the 2nd time his hair is messed up a little to seem to disguise him, as well. HOWEVER - his voice, entire face, and physical build are all identical.
    So, to me, it's clearly a use of paid actors, and fake testimonials.

    He appears at 3:49 in the video and then 5:54.

    What's your impression ?

    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4FeI0aZLwc[/video]
    Damn, that seems like it is highly likely that it's the same guy. Similar voice, face about 99% the same, hair the same other than how you described, same dramatic pause in the speech. If it isn't the same guy, they each had their doppelgangers there

    On the same note, I have never, EVER trusted testimonials for any product. They all seem too contrived. A general rule of thumb I go by, is if they feel the need to publicize testimonials, their products isn't worth a ****. You never see legit products hyping their testimonials, ever. And simply put, EVERYBODY who is hyping this water, is trying to sell it to you.

    It's just like my grandfather always preaching the exact same benefits this water does, but making the exact claims for Tahitian Noni juice. Which he sells as a cure all. He gave me a free case (9 mo supply) it did absolutely nothing. I was still fat, I was still sore, I was still fatigued, I was still an insomniac, I still had dry skin, I still had high BP and GERD. It's a gimmick, nothing more.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_luHF...eature=related
    The word 'Kangen' in Japanese means 'return to origin' and is simply a marketing term. The Alkaline water ionizers contains a filter and ionizing chamber. All these system are basically the same.
    Last edited by Nobody; 05-13-12 at 08:17 PM.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    So, this is right up your alley, with your expertise on water filters.
    Didn't you say in the water thread in the political forum that alkaline bodies truly will prevent cancer, and so on ? So, I assume you believe this system doesn't make actual alkaline water ?
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  12. #12
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    So, this is right up your alley, with your expertise on water filters.
    Didn't you say in the water thread in the political forum that alkaline bodies truly will prevent cancer, and so on ? So, I assume you believe this system doesn't make actual alkaline water ?
    I actually said all the evidence points to alkalinity of the body preventing cancer, because cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment. The problem with that is though, recent studies are suggesting that if you were to succeed in actually making the body truly alkaline, you would die.

    The natural pH of human blood is 7.35-7.45. To become alkaline, you'd have to get that number up past 8.5, which is apparently fatal, because your body needs some acidity for organs to function properly. For example, with low acidity in the body, your kidneys would fail. You'd also have severe digestion problems. You wouldn't get cancer, but something else would kill you.

    As far as the water, I have tested water from devices that do the exact same thing, and there is very little change. Your average tap water runs about 6.8-7.2, and water from these devices typically tests at 7.3-7.5, which is far from being alkaline. If you were to drink Smart Water, that is more alkaline (9.0) because it has Sodium Bicarbonate in it.

    Any Purified water with electrolytes would do far more for you than the Kangen water.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,516
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Isn't MLM just a nicer word for pyramid scheme? Its a rip-off dude, step away.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  14. #14
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    09-28-10
    Location
    BGO's Official Resident "Tech Dummy"
    Posts
    9,242
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    I actually said all the evidence points to alkalinity of the body preventing cancer, because cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment. The problem with that is though, recent studies are suggesting that if you were to succeed in actually making the body truly alkaline, you would die.

    The natural pH of human blood is 7.35-7.45. To become alkaline, you'd have to get that number up past 8.5, which is apparently fatal, because your body needs some acidity for organs to function properly. For example, with low acidity in the body, your kidneys would fail. You'd also have severe digestion problems. You wouldn't get cancer, but something else would kill you.
    So, if you want to the body to be alkaline, to prevent disease, but don't want to risk it being too alkaline and killing yourself, then how do you maintain the "ideal alkaline state, or ph" ? Can you constantly track it until you hit that perfect ph or alkaline state ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Isn't MLM just a nicer word for pyramid scheme? Its a rip-off dude, step away.
    Sort of. And not sure if you mean buying from them, or investing/selling for them, or both. But I partially agree that most of them are probably scams. But I tend to give some of them the benefit of the doubt, and sometimes question whether literally 100% of them are scams, possibly causing me to miss out on a legit product.
    0 0 0 0
     
     

  15. #15
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fear The Spear View Post
    So, if you want to the body to be alkaline, to prevent disease, but don't want to risk it being too alkaline and killing yourself, then how do you maintain the "ideal alkaline state, or ph" ? Can you constantly track it until you hit that perfect ph or alkaline state ?
    That's a question I don't know the answer to. I'm sure you could find people on line claiming one thing or another, but only a doctor would know for sure. And people try testing their pH with urine or saliva based tests, but those aren't what needs to be tested. The pH is different in different bodily fluids, but the only one that goes throughout your body is blood. Because of that, only a blood pH test would be accurate.

    To be honest, I'm not sure if there is a way to keep your body alkaline enough without harming yourself.
    0 0 0 0
     
     
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. PFT, Mike Florio...should I trust this?
    By servumtuum in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-11, 09:47 PM

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •