A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The magic that is the Washington Redskins

It's a strange phenomenon this power the Redskins have. They face a losing team. A team that can't win a single game until they face the Redskins.... and then things start to click. We are the fountain of youth for any team's woes it seems.

No, I'm not talking about the Cowboys, but rather the formerly one win Miami Dolphins who after beating the Redskins are now on a three game winning streak.

It's happened so many times. Why are we everybody else's good luck charm?
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Umm...their win streak started a weak before they played us so I am not sure what your point is?
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    Umm...their win streak started a weak before they played us so I am not sure what your point is?
    You haven't seen it play out where a struggling team meets us and suddenly we are the spring board for their season? Perhaps Miami wasn't the best example, but I remember Coughlin about to get fired, they play the Redskins, and the next thing you know they win the Superbowl. We seem to knack for bringing out the greatness in others.

Heck, that's why every team with a rookie quarterback wants to play us. We make all rookie qbs feel really good about themselves. When's the last time we haven't made a rookie qb look like a HOFer.

Who knows maybe I'm just flailing, but we do seem to cure whatever ails any team that faces us.
    Last edited by burgold; 11-20-11 at 07:48 PM.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Marine Corps Virginia

The problem is, when you're losing, you notice EVERYTHING. Tom Brady has had a couple of bad games this season. Patriots fans barely blink an eye. When you are losing, losing, losing, it seems like the Universe itself has it out for you.

Hell.

Maybe it does
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

You ain't bonafide

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    The problem is, when you're losing, you notice EVERYTHING. Tom Brady has had a couple of bad games this season. Patriots fans barely blink an eye. When you are losing, losing, losing, it seems like the Universe itself has it out for you.

Hell.

Maybe it does
    Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if there was something larger against us. We seem not only to be faltering, but all the injuries, season ending injuries, and it seems to any player who is either playing well or is important.

We need to hunt down this maker of Voodoo dolls and stop them before we don't have any players left. I heard that there is a 50-50 chance Williams is gone for the year too... Pretty soon, our injury list will be longer than our roster.
    0 0 0 0

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Yeah burgold, I've seen it all too often, Lions first win in nearly 2 full seasons last year and many others! Ugh!
    0 0 0 0

The more things change...the more they stay the same. It's like deja vu all over again.

2016 BGO Survivor Champ

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Florida State

Quote Originally Posted by burgold View Post
    We need to hunt down this maker of Voodoo dolls and stop them before we don't have any players left. I heard that there is a 50-50 chance Williams is gone for the year too... Pretty soon, our injury list will be longer than our roster.
    Sarge knows who they are.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Michigan State

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post

Hell.

Maybe it does
    Well in the brief portion of the game I saw today even Daryl Johnston noticed. There was a bad PI call against the Redskins and he said sometimes when it's going bad the calls just don't go your way. Pity from a Cowboy during a Cowboys game. It was too much to take.
    0 0 0 0

Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Detroit were about to take a record for consecutive losses, then along came the Redskins.
    0 0 0 0

Why should I get out of bed at 4am just to watch us lose?

User Tag List