• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Examiner: The Washington Capitals will win a Stanley Cup this season.

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date
Teams that let games like that slip away aren't going to prevail. You can't expect to keep coming back over and over again forever. The penalty in the last minute had to be one of the stupidest plays I've seen in a long, long time. Tough enough to defend those final seconds with what's on the line - but to have to do it a man down - you just know what was coming.

I want to root for the Caps, but as I've said before, they don't make it easy, and I've got enough pain in my life with the Redskins thank you very much. I doubt this goes to a game 7, but we'll see.

Man, what a disappointing loss. Games 3 & 5 should have belonged to the Caps, and now they are down 2-3 instead of winning the series 4-1. Backstrom hits a post, Holtby misses a puck by a hair (on a play where he was way too aggressive), and that's all it takes. A game of millimeters.

Do or die game 6 tonight. A win forces game 7 at the Garden on Saturday night, a loss sends the Caps to the golf course. I expect a ferocious Caps team tonight, and the game will come down to bounces (as most of them this series have, and they tend to do with two such evenly-matched teams). If the bounces go the Caps way, they'll win. If they don't, its "Hello, Congressional!" for the rest of the summer.

If they pull out this series with 2 incredibly heart breaking losses over the past 3 games, I cannot imagine they don't make it to the finals.

If they pull out this series with 2 incredibly heart breaking losses over the past 3 games, I cannot imagine they don't make it to the finals.

New Jersey is an extremely tough opponent, for either the Caps or the Rangers. If the Caps can pull off another upset in this series, I can't see them making it to the Stanley Cup finals. The Devils are too good.

Caps appear to be playing with a little bit of anger and fury tonight - which is just what the doctor ordered.

On to game seven. We did what was needed and now it is time to let it all hang out. We can do it.

I'm telling you guys - THAT is how the entire series should have gone. It did, but the Caps didn't get the lucky bounces. If they play like they did last night on Saturday, should be a pretty convincing win.

Well, if the Caps win on Saturday, the Rangers will know who to blame. NY Post with the super jinx!

http://instagr.am/p/KcxGb3ywEH/

Also, there are screen caps floating around of the Rangers already selling ECF tickets. Man, talk about cart before the horse!

Well...its only satisfying if we make them eat their Predictions...Caps need to rise up!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Totally lackluster effort last night, definitely worthy of these Capitals.

And DH has said he won't return next year, I'm kinda torn but not
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Sounds like he was given the option to 'not return' to me? If so, think that's a mistake. A coaching carousel is not going to get this team anywhere any quicker.

I think DH had an option to stay but probably another 1 year deal, he doesn't strike me as an individual who doesn't want stability in his life.

I think the decision to leave was purely Dale's. He initially signed a one-year deal by his own choosing; he was testing the waters. I think if Kuznetsov had decided to come to DC next season, he probably would have stayed.

Maybe. You certainly know the Caps far better than I do. On the other hand, you have to think if the Capitals front office wanted to keep him, they could have made it hard for him to say no.

And there are reports this morning from Semin's agent that he has no interest in signing an extension.

After arriving in Sweden, Alexander Semin denied that he is leaving the #Caps for sure. (via @plysenkov). Details on Puck Daddy shortly.

I think this is just Semin's agent stirring up the best deal for his client.

EDIT: That being said, I doubt the Caps will be able to match whatever he gets in Free Agency. With Kuznetsov not coming over from Russia, looks like it will be a lean year in DC...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.