• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

NFL.com: Redskins prepared to make run on big free agents after lockout

umm have you been reading about Neild? we went into this offseason with a few glaring holes, the biggest arguably at NT, which we addressed in the seventh round. If we dont sign a guy capable of starting at NT and being more than a rotation guy it means we epxect Neild to come in and contribute at a key position. I am not certain he has the physical ability to do it.

How do you figure? Kemo and Bryant are still on the roster (not to mention :GASP: fat albert, who can still be put in at NT, despite your zillion arguments to the contrary), and FA isn't even over yet (EDIT: hasn't even started, technically!). You're counting your chickens before they hatch.

How do you figure? Kemo and Bryant are still on the roster (not to mention :GASP: fat albert, who can still be put in at NT, despite your zillion arguments to the contrary), and FA isn't even over yet (EDIT: hasn't even started, technically!). You're counting your chickens before they hatch.

Asked the question over in the other thread, but I'll pose it to you guys here again, you too Ryman. Is Kelley Gregg worth bring in as rotational guy for the time being?

Asked the question over in the other thread, but I'll pose it to you guys here again, you too Ryman. Is Kelley Gregg worth bring in as rotational guy for the time being?

I think he'll go back to the Ravens on the cheap to retire there, but outside of that I'll repeat my answer from the other thread: We've already got a 34+ NT w/ a history of IR!

I seriously doubt we will see ah at NT, as in I would be extremely shocked. Kelly Gregg was excellent 2 seasons ago but NT age fast, he doesnt strike me as a Pat williams type who plays until his late 30's that mans a freak. free agency is limited by the players who actually are free agents Lanky, so because there are no stud NT's available besides franklin, I feel pretty safe in saying unless we convert yet another guy, our rortation of bryant (who is decent in spurts) Kemo (who never came back from the achilles and looks done) with neild, is going to be our (for lack of a better term) achilles heel.

I seriously doubt we will see ah at NT, as in I would be extremely shocked. Kelly Gregg was excellent 2 seasons ago but NT age fast, he doesnt strike me as a Pat williams type who plays until his late 30's that mans a freak. free agency is limited by the players who actually are free agents Lanky, so because there are no stud NT's available besides franklin, I feel pretty safe in saying unless we convert yet another guy, our rortation of bryant (who is decent in spurts) Kemo (who never came back from the achilles and looks done) with neild, is going to be our (for lack of a better term) achilles heel.

They just signed Cofield, who is expected to rotate at NT. Speaking of Pat Williams, I believe he is a free agent and might not return to the Vikes.

They just signed Cofield, who is expected to rotate at NT. Speaking of Pat Williams, I believe he is a free agent and might not return to the Vikes.

Lanky, I doubt Williams would come here for one thing. I found this on SBNation's KC Chiefs blog:

So you wanted a big-name defensive lineman to come into Kansas City and hold down the nose tackle spot until sixth round pick Jerrell Powe is ready?

Enter Pat Williams. The Minnesota Vikings nose tackle is scheduled to be a free agent and it's unclear where he'll sign, but the Kansas City Chiefs may be an option. Williams could return to the Vikings but said recently he would less inclined to do so if they went with a rookie quarterback not wanting to start over again.

AP blogger Texas Chief tells us that Williams was on Sirius NFL Radio last week and, when asked where he might want to go if he left Minnesota, he said he wanted to play for a winner, and mentioned Kansas City as one of the teams that could use some help with run-stuffer.

(Side note: How awesome is it that some players look at KC when hoping to play for a winner?)

So keep that in mind. We're not sure if the Chiefs have any interest but there's at least a raised eyebrow from the Williams' camp, should he decide to leave the Vikings.

I don't think we fit into his "I want to play for a winner" category just yet.

Besides, the guys 38 years old-he's got to be thinking about getting a retirement nest egg.

yeh - I'm not sure we're going to keep taking the Over the Hill approach. ... Then again... Stallworth... meh...

Gregg has been linked to the Jets, Patriots and a return to Baltimore may be in the offing. I don't think he will come here at age 34 with the Redskins at 6-10 unless Washington bowls him over with cash and that is not going to happen now with Vinny Cerrato gone.

Cofield will likely play some NT as we have nothing else, but he played some 3-4 end in college, and he has the skillset and size for that and not nose, but we will see. sometimes we have been known to play guys out of position based on need lol

6'4 and 306. his value is in being able to get a push inside. I don't know if having Cofield at DE in the 3-4 makes him worth a 6 year deal.

It seems the team is taking tackles from college or the NFL and trying to turn them into 3-4 ends.

But at some point you have to identify and acquire a guy that has already proven he can play inside on the nose.

I don't see Bryant who has played in less than 20 games despite being in the NFL since 2005-2006 as a solution.

Kemoeatu at 33 is a guy whose body is just breaking down. And it's been a long time since he got reps at NT for the Ravens. He was playing DT in the 4-3 in recent seasons for the Panthers.

i was still hoping we could get jenkins from Green Bay...but i guess that deal went sour...

Bulldog's Twin said:
I don't see Bryant who has played in less than 20 games despite being in the NFL since 2005-2006 as a solution.

Gotta start somewhere. Sounds like the perfect guy to get reps in a rebuilding year to me.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Lol hahaha - oh man that was so funny!

Yeah, I do look at stats. Also, the Skins aren't the only team I watch. I knew he had subpar stats and he has had a career full of injuries. I looked them up so I could be accurate with what I was saying. I typically do this with a lot of my posts. I don't want to spread the wrong information. Hey, to each his own.

I think we are fine with what we have. I don't think we need a reciever that cannot complete 16 games and ultimately looks better because of the QB throwing to him. In fact, Rivers makes a lot of guys look good.

There is a reason Floyd is still on the market. Last I heard the Bears were looking his way, then they picked up Roy Williams.

Also, geographical location does not mean much with this sport anymore. Believe it or not, I can watch SD games from my house as well.

Okay, okay - everybody watches every team these days because of Fantasy Football. No need to whip them out for a measuring contest!

The stats are important, Mike, as that's what he is measured by. Also, Floyd is 30 years old...how much upside can he have? More likely, he is what he is at this point in his career. Most WRs peak around 28-29 and start to go downwards into their 30s. I can almost guarantee this is why he doesn't have a contract yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.