A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    BGO
    Honored Guest

Default Redskins Insider: Chris Samuels continues to learn from Redskins staff

Technically, Chris Samuels' internship with the Redskins' coaching staff expired at the end of training camp last month. But as the regular season hits Week 2, he's still been at every practice, in every meeting and has been a constant presence around Redskins Park. Samuels was one of 96 players across the league to take part in the NFL's Minority Internship Program and one of five in training camp with the Redskins. As camp was winding down and fellow interns Terrell Davis and Steve Atwater returned to their homes, Samuels approached Coach Mike Shanahan and said he would like to stay with the team and continue working with the coaching staff. "I talked to the coach and asked if I could stay for the season, and he welcomed me to stay," said Samuels, who retired following last season. "I thought that was huge of him to let me stick around.

Washington Redskins - Mike Shanahan - NFL - Terrell Davis - Chris Samuels

More...
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Blog Entries

Chris is just good peps. Still sad he had to retire. Although Williams play has certainly taken the sting out of it on the field, he was and remains a Class A citizen. Glad he is still around the team. Wish they would decide to keep an Asst. O Line coach.
    0 0 0 0

Subscribe to our BGO Mailing List

hailus redskinus
    COYS

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

This education in invaluable. Not only did he learn from Joe Bugel but is also learning the ZBS. That should definitely help him down the road. I'm sure he was also able to give Trent Williams a few pointers on DeMarcus Ware and should be able to help him with the Giants and Iggs as well.
    0 0 0 0

kirbster
    Honored Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    This education in invaluable. Not only did he learn from Joe Bugel but is also learning the ZBS. That should definitely help him down the road. I'm sure he was also able to give Trent Williams a few pointers on DeMarcus Ware and should be able to help him with the Giants and Iggs as well.
    And don't forget the invaluable education Samuels got from Kim Helton!
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

And there's a reason I didn't mention him.
    0 0 0 0

User Tag List