• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Willie Parker Cut per PFT

I think you are missing a major point here and that is Mike Shannahan has serious football IQ issues as well. I find this very troublesome and nothing to laugh about. I worry about the upcoming season now.

We actually don't know this for fact, and I won't pass any judgment on the Mike and Bruce show till seasons end. What may seem screwy to us outsiders that have a fraction of the info needed to make these calls, my actually be solid in the long run. His IQ has gotten him pretty far in the NFL.

Well, Coach said there would be a few surprises for the fans. Some would seem like head scratchers, but we'll see how it unfolds in the weeks ahead.

About Tyrone Carter - I wonder if he will be back after week one. I believe a salary is guaranteed for the whole season if a veteran is on the roster for week one. It could be that a wink and nod exists for him to return after the first game.

I think Shanny's about to do some "waiver fishin'" as well.

I think Shanny's about to do some "waiver fishin'" as well.

We traded Justin Tryon to Indy for an undisclosed draft pick. Haven't seen anything else so far, and it's after 6pm EST. I'm all for getting some extra pics for next year, or bargaining chips now.

Indy Star

"looks like I just jacked off an elephant, coach!"
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Umm...er...I hope he doesn't mean me. That's just disgusting!

On a side note:

Reed Doughty? Is Reed Doughty in the building?

It's a good thing I can't come through this screen. ;) :laugh:

And good luck used-ta-be-fast, Willie. This was the right move for us. But I hope things work out for him.

The problem is that LJ looked worse than Parker during the preseason: dancing at the hole, NO FRIGGIN BURST.

Not too surprised about Willie Parker. Looks like Torain is going to the PS. I guess our three backs then will be Portis, Johnson and Williams. For some reason I don't remember seeing Williams a lot in the preseason but his stats the other night looked pretty good.

Got an incorrect tweet on Logan Paulsen. Looks like he made the team. Here are the cuts per Redskins.com

REDSKINS ROSTER CUTS: SEPT. 4, 2010
Player Position Status
Terrence Austin WR 2010 7th-Round Draft Pick
Richard Bartel QB First-Year Player
Selvish Capers OT 2010 7th-Round Draft Pick
Tyrone Carter S 10-Year Vet
Erik Cook G/C 2010 7th-Round Draft Pick
Carey Davis FB 3-Year Vet
Curtis Gatewood LB FIrst-Year Vet
Howard Green NT 6-Year Vet
Robert Henson LB 2009 6th-Round Draft Pick
Shay Hodge WR Undrafted Rookie
Rob Jackson LB 2008 7th-Round Draft Pick
Clint Oldenburg OT First-Year Player
Willie Parker RB 7-Year Vet
Chad Rinehart G/T 2008 3rd-Round Draft Pick
Ramzee Robinson CB 3-Year Vet
William Robinson OT First-Year Player
Anderson Russell S Undrafted Rookie
Darrion Scott DE 5-Year Vet
Ryan Torain RB First-Year Player
Lee Vickers TE First-Year Player
Bobby Wade WR 7-Year Vet

For some reason I don't remember seeing Williams a lot in the preseason but his stats the other night looked pretty good.

Williams played plenty. I really liked him, but I just chalked it up to it being preseason. There are always a couple of guys on each team that shine in preseason just to get a visit by the Turk, so I usually do not put too much stock into my preseason man crushes. Glad to see he made it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.