• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

ESPN's NFC East Blog: Daniel Snyder's fed up with Albert

exactly. I don't know either. further...as you described the NT role...should that much money be paid for that?
On the surface, no, it shouldn't, but to be fair to the current front office, this mess isn't entirely their fault. At any rate, it seems they're stuck with Haynesworth, for better or worse, so the question isn't whether or not they should have invested in Haynesworth in 2009, but rather how do they maximize the return on that investment in 2010?

On a somewhat related note, I often wondered what drove the decision to go the 3-4 in the first place. Does Shanahan prefer a 3-4 defense and was that the plan from day 1? Or was there a process of the weighing out the pros and cons of making the switch, and then ultimately deciding that 3-4 was the way to go?

Regardless, choosing to the 3-4 meant forcing our biggest financial investment, the highest paid defensive lineman in the history of the NFL, to play new position he's not comfortable in playing. Hard to believe that was the plan from the beginning, and the fact that we offered to trade him to Philly suggests keeping Haynesworth wasn't exactly a priority. Despite conflicting reports, I'm convinced we've been trying (and will continue to try) to move him for awhile, but simply can't find a satisfying offer from a small Haynesworth market, which brought us to this ugly situation that nobody wanted, but may inevitably have to live with - Albert Haynesworth will be our starting nose tackle.

I have read that part of the reason they are switiching to a 3-4 is to create more turnovers. I think I heard that from Haslett. Although 3-4 does not necessarily mean more turnovers.

I honestly thought Haynesworth would be gone over draft weekend, especially after moving his money around and making his contract more affordable to other teams. The only problem is the Skins want a lot in return, and rightfully so, and everyone else wants a bargain.

Maybe injuries will happen to a team, they will become deseprate this preseason, and give up the compensation that we are looking for. Kind of like what happened with the Panthers last offseason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.