A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
Game 12 - Philly. No biggie. Just a season in the balance ...

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Disagree Disagree:  0
Post of the Year Post of the Year:  0
    BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WPC: For fans, McNabb will take some getting used to

http://web.warpathconfidential.com/?p=3276

For fans, McNabb will take some getting used to

By John Pappas
    Warpath Confidential Editor

I got an e-mail from someone who covers the Philadelphia Eagles asking me how fans are reacting to the Washington Redskins trading for Donovan McNabb. “Mixed,” I replied. The message boards, Twitter, and Facebook was running both good and bad with fan reaction. To be fair, the negative comments seemed more prevalent than the positives.

But the jury is still out. It is going to take a few days for fans to wrap their heads around having McNabb as the face of the team. After all, he has represented everything Philadelphia for over a decade, and has put a stake in the heart of Redskins fans more times than we can immediately count.

And now he is coming to Washington.

Redskins Nation now understands what the Minnesota faithful went through last year when Brett Favre showed up. Favre spent 16 season with division-rival Green Bay. In his time there he often crushed the souls of Minnesota fans. Yet the Vikings fans embraced Favre when he showed up. Will Washington do the same for McNabb?

Click the link above to read the entire article...
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

It will DEFINITELY take some getting used to. I've NEVER liked McNabb but I do understand it's a big upgrade over Campbell, a guy I like as a person but HATE as a QB. I can't say I'll ever embrace McNabb because, to me, he'll ALWAYS be an Eagle.

Nice analogy about the Vikes fans. I could never see their point of view because I always liked Favre. Now I guess we'll see if McChunkySoup can do for us what Favre did for the Vikings. Winning may cure a lot of things but I doubt I'll ever truly consider him a Redskin.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    It will DEFINITELY take some getting used to. I've NEVER liked McNabb but I do understand it's a big upgrade over Campbell, a guy I like as a person but HATE as a QB. I can't say I'll ever embrace McNabb because, to me, he'll ALWAYS be an Eagle.

Nice analogy about the Vikes fans. I could never see their point of view because I always liked Favre. Now I guess we'll see if McChunkySoup can do for us what Favre did for the Vikings. Winning may cure a lot of things but I doubt I'll ever truly consider him a Redskin.
    Jimbo, yours is the perspective I was sort of counting on from a lot of fans. I have been a little surprised by the positive feedback to McNabb the article has received today, as if a night's sleep has gotten people excited.

Still, when he first runs onto the field in a Redskins' jersey, it is going to be strange.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At first I was in total shock and not thrilled with the idea, simply because Donovan was the enemy.

Now he's on our side and I think it's in our best interest to get on board with the idea. Welcome him aboard and let's move forward and kick some butts.
    0 0 0 0

BGObsessed
    Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    Navy Salisbury

I will root for Mcnabb on day one, he's a Skin now......

...that said it still feel weird.
    0 0 0 0

Post Responses
    Thanks, Likes, & More
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Blog Entries
    James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Deadman View Post
    I will root for Mcnabb on day one, he's a Skin now......

...that said it still feel weird.

This is how I feel. Awkward, but fully behind him.
    0 0 0 0

OLine. DLine. Secondary.