• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Advice/opinions needed re digital SLR cameras

Great job Pete! I am finally learning to use the wide angle myself and love it. I wish I could justify the cost of the 14-24 f/2.8 that Nikon has, but will make due with what I have since it's a nice lens and I have other needs.

I hear that. I had wanted a different ultra wide that also had a fixed f/2.8, but was almost 300$ more then the 10-22 I have. I'm glad I didn't go for it looking back. What I have does everything I need it to superbly.

What I really need is time to go out and shoot.

Anyone have any opinions on the Nikon D5100? I need to upgrade my camera, and I am intrigued by the HD video functionality of this Nikon. Also, its only $850, so its not ridiculously expensive.

Anyone have any opinions on the Nikon D5100? I need to upgrade my camera, and I am intrigued by the HD video functionality of this Nikon. Also, its only $850, so its not ridiculously expensive.

While I can't really speak about the Nikon for personal experience, the HD video feature on my Canon is extremely good. Knowing Nikon and Canon are so close in quality and features these days, I'd venture a guess you'll be very happy with it.

While I can't really speak about the Nikon for personal experience, the HD video feature on my Canon is extremely good. Knowing Nikon and Canon are so close in quality and features these days, I'd venture a guess you'll be very happy with it.

Thanks Pete! I currently have a Canon Rebel XT (the 8MP first run), and I like it. I already have a 55-300 lens, so it would be advantageous to remain with Canon, but I can probably sell or trade that also.

Thanks Pete! I currently have a Canon Rebel XT (the 8MP first run), and I like it. I already have a 55-300 lens, so it would be advantageous to remain with Canon, but I can probably sell or trade that also.

I lovin the 2T1. I gave my XT to my daughter to bang around with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.