• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Eli Manning Is Not A Hall Of Fame Quarterback

Beetlejuice

Dogaholic
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
Half of my family are Giants fans, When Eli was benched, they unanimously proclaimed HALL OF FAME! I never saw him as elite, even in his prime. Then I came across this article that sums it up pretty accurately for anyone who think he deserves to be in the HOF. To me, he is a perfect example of why Super Bowl wins should not be a measure for enshrinement.

https://weei.radio.com/articles/column/eli-manning-not-hall-fame-quarterback

Eli is not a hall of famer, my best friend is a huge Giants fan and has called him the luckiest two play qb of all time referencing the superbowl wins

It's the Giants. Of course he'll get in.

It's the Hall of Fame, you should have to be really good to get in. No one has ever been scared or worried about Eli Manning even in his prime. He's been nowhere near the best QBs to have played in his generation. The sheer number of QBs I would take over him since he has been played is just massive. Rodgers is HoF, Brady, Peyton, Brees, etc, Eli never played even close to their level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't consider Eli a HOF'er, but I do think the guy who wrote that article was disingenuous. Eli is even in the HOF conversation because of his postseason play in the Giants' two Super Bowl run seasons. Nary of mention of that from the guy.

In 2007 and 2011 combined, he went 8-0 (duh) and posted:

178 of 282 (63.1%), 2073 YDS (259/gm), 15 TD, 2 INT, 100.1 QB rating

And in the two Super Bowls:

49 of 74 (66.2%), 551 YD (275/gm), 3 TD, 1 INT, 96.2 QB rating

His career numbers, and to some extent even the playoff numbers, don't jump off the page. But having watched the man play throughout his career, I always respected that Eli seemed to rise to the occasion in the biggest moments on the brightest stages. I wonder if there are any other two-time SB winning QB's, with a SB MVP to boot, who are not in the HOF?

He won't be a first-ballot guy, no. But NY bias or not, I have a feeling he'll get in down the road.

Last edited:
Terry Bradshaw is in
Joe Namath is in
Sony is even in

I am NOT an Eli or Vagiant fan at all. but, Eli has 57K in passing and over 200TDs. If those guys are in, he is definitely worthy of talking about.

beating the next best player ever in 2 SBs , being the brother and son of football royalty, Playing the top 3 to 5 oldest team in the league. Is more than enough to get you in.
It has nothing to do with what joe fan thinks. The league decides on reasons that have nothing to do with football or Joe fan's meaningless opinion.
Harold Jackson should be in already!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.