• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2019 - A Pivotal BGO Year...

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
As BGO approaches it's first decade (!) of existence, thing are heating up.

Confronted with an increasingly beleaguered and hostile fan base, the Redskins just threw a Hail Mary, selecting an uber-talented young QB in the 2019 NFL draft. The brain trust in Ashburn is being hailed for one of the best overall drafts in recent memory. The current coaching staff is reportedly coaching for their lives, decidedly on the hot seat.

And BGO is at a turning point.

Do you love this place?

Do you pine for all things BGO?

Do you agree not only that the Redskins future holds more promise than in years, but also that @Om, @Henry, @Miles Monroe, @Burgundy Burner, and @Neophyte are dead sexy and amongst the smartest savviest Redskins prognosticators and assessors anywhere?

I concur!

We're in the midst of a pivotal, turning point year for our beloved Burgundy and Gold. And for the Burgundy and Gold Obsessed.

Are you all in? Do you have the right stuff? Are you a gamer, or do you only impress without the pads on?

We need your help.

Invite a new member.
Mention us to Skins fans you meet in real life.
Promote the hell out of us and share our posts on Social Media.
Post or repost our content on Twitter, Facebook, and on other social media sites.
Ask your social media followers to follow us, or join the site.
Start new BGO threads.
Respond to existing threads.
Vote in polls.
Participate in our contests.
Donate to us - support us financially - this site is expensive.
Participate in game chats.
Follow and talk about us on Twitter, Facebook, and in church.

Okay - that bit about church might've been over the line. But pray for us.

Some people say forums and messageboards are dying. We say...

**** that!

We aren't going anywhere.

We're just getting started.

What say you our beloved BGO members?

If you love this place, and we know you do - get involved. Spread the word. Find a new member. Increase your participation. This is an unbelievable site and community. Do you believe that? Do you love coming here? Do you believe some things are special in life and deserve our devotion and commitment?

The Redskins are going to turn the corner. The time for an independent, creative, and welcoming Redskins fan community is NOW.

The Redskins are about to...

Step.
The.
Hell.
Up.

There has never been a better time to support, promote, and grow this community than right now.

Ask not, what BGO has done for you - but what you have done for BGO... Don't take this place for granted. It only exists because we choose to keep it going. Your energy is our energy. Let's re-energize.

Hail.

Last edited:
You can retweet any thread or post here - or retweet anything BGO-related I tweet on Twitter (which is everything I tweet on Twitter).

A simple 'Hey guys - give BGO a follow' or 'Check out this Redskins forum - it's awesome' would be appreciated.

I know a bunch of you are on Twitter or other social media sites - but I don't recall the last time I saw a member here promoting the site. Help us out. We need growth. It's a great place that a huge number of Redskins fans have no idea exists.

I am a 'passion' guy. @Om, @Henry, @Miles Monroe, @Burgundy Burner, @Neophyte - we all share one thing, and that's passion for the things we love. We know we're not alone. We all have love for certain things in our lives. This place exists on it. We just need our members to step up and express that love.

Last edited:
Hard to believe it's been ten years. I've known some of you crazy fools for 20.

When did that happen?

Oof... makes me feel old. To think this ragtag, fugitive fleet came from the throes of the... uhm... other place. OFP, for short.

Ten years ... crazy.

Gonna try to use this milestone to finally follow through on something I've been wanting to do for several years ... come up with a gallery of some sort of the many template and logo iterations we played with before finally settling on first the one you see now, then the logo we sported for a while when we thought the team was going to sue us (we apparently thought they knew and/or cared we existed), then finally sacked up and went back to the original.

There are some interesting ones ... lol.

test_skin.jpg

AlphaFlight180.png

Nothing like a decade here in the BGO, thankful you guys created a place for those of us disinterested in other forums.

When Om says 'we' he's being nice. Paranoid one here drove that change. We sanitized this place of all things Redskins imagery for awhile there. I finally realized we'd spent months perfecting our original logo and look and it was more than a shame not to be using it. We have always been obsessed with graphics and the logos.

I remember our first 'skin' where the logo dropped out of the ceiling and landed with a thud when you opened the site or refreshed the page. That shit was high tech...lol.... Looking forward to Brother @Om 's trip down memory lane. :cheers:

U-G-L-Y, we ain't got no alibi - that's ugly, yeah ugly....

Not a twitter guy. Post occasionally on FBook, but as a near Senior it moves much too fast for me, as you might imagine. Still, at the end of the day B, I'm with ya to the last drop. I will do my best to maintain this place I have come to realize is my last bastion of fandom, being so far removed from like-minded nuts as I am. BGO? Hail yeah!

Boone: where can I send a check?! BGO has its own history. It's a forgiving place with quality people. I share it's existence with every Skins fan I run into.

Hey Al - we appreciate it brother. Glad you are here! The site has become pretty expensive to run over the years. The first few years, our 'Premium Memberships' pretty much paid for the upkeep, but over time folks don't really care for subscription services so we closed down that feature. We do recognize donation givers with 'Premium Member' status and BGO stickers. I'll PM you and thanks again.

An early alternative logo...

BGO Pete (1).jpg

I wondered about the donation thing. I had planned to do one this summer.

Wow...some serious Wayback Machine stuff here, Peabody. :excitement:

10 years already!

Sucks getting older...time flies faster.

Kinda like this one, in retrospect. ;)

LOGO-2.jpg

Had a star thing going on ...

quakearrow.jpg

A few more early logo drafts...

AlphaFlight.jpg

arnoldboecklin.jpg

IkarusBlend.jpg

Quake.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.