• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Skins Quotes 11/16/18: Jay Gruden

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
skinsquotes.png

November 16, 2018

Head Coach Jay Gruden

On injuries:
"Alright, our will be [Jamison] Crowder, ankle; [Chris] Thompson, rib; [Samaje] Perine, calf. Questionable will be [Quinton] Dunbar, shin; [Dustin] Hopkins, groin; [Montae] Nicholson, illness, and [Trent] Williams, thumb."

On what has changed with T Trent Williams the last few days:
"Well, he saw a doctor and the doctor felt like he was making really good progress and it's all dependent on the cast and whether or not he can have any kind of gripping with that cast on and how that thumb feels. He did some work today and I think we'll leave it up to the doctors and Trent for Sunday."

On RB Samaje Perine and if they need to add a running back:
"Yeah, we'll probably have to make a move there, we'll see. But, he hurt his calf yesterday."

On Williams using a cast this week:
"Not yesterday, no, today he put on a cast today and went through a lot of the practice, individual and did some team reps and I'll wait and hear from them and see how it went."

On if Williams used multiple casts:
"Oh he just had one cast, just tried the one cast today."

On K Dustin Hopkins:
"He did ok. With Dustin, I think it was positive today, but like I said, he did some kicking, looked fine, and we'll see how that thing… hopefully it doesn't flare up tomorrow."

On activating RB Byron Marshall:
"Yeah, that's all we've got right now. Chris [Thompson] is out, [Samaje] Perine is out, so we either go two, which gives us an extra spot somewhere else, or we get Byron up. We'll have to make a roster move to do that but we'll talk about that when I'm done."

On if Williams' presence will adjust the starting offensive line:
"Probably, yes, Ty [Nsekhe] has done some left guard but Cooper is doing a good job at left guard, so we'll see. Ty is kind of banged up a little bit, but he's ok, so having those three guys [Williams, Moses, and Nsekhe] would be a luxury but we've got to wait and see."

On looking ahead to Dallas with all of the injuries:
"No, not at all, we're trying to win this game and we'll worry about Thursday on Thursday but this a big game for us on Sunday."

On T Morgan Moses' health compared to last week:
"He's better. He's in a better place than he was last week. Last week he fought through a pretty significant soreness in his knee and he did a great job, so I think he feels better this week. We didn't do a lot Wednesday and yesterday he did some work and today he looked pretty good. I don't think he's quite there yet but I think he's doing pretty good."

On if it is important to have Williams in the lineup facing Houston Texans DE's Jadeveon Clowney and JJ Watt:
"Oh, we're not accelerating him because of those two guys. We're just going to see if he can do it. It's not like it's a knee or anything. If he can function with that thing and have some kind of gripping ability, then he can play. That's the big concern. He did have surgery not too long ago. This would be a quick recovery but Trent is a unique human. We trust the fact that if he can go, he'll go, and if not, we'll wait till the next week or the week after, but it's all up to him and the doctor."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I think they believe Hopkins will be able to go. He kicked today and looked okay. Barring an issue tomorrow he will go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.