• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner’s Burning Questions: News, Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: News, Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

I work in the pest control industry, I'd like to see the flea that made this bite....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doug Williams on 980 yest re Doctson: "A lot of people think sometimes he's not tough enough. Sometimes you can be TOO tough in this game … The kid took his own shoe and cut the back of it off to make sure there wasn't no pressure on his heel, and he went out there and played"</p>— Dan Steinberg (@dcsportsbog) <a href="https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/1048314775745323008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 5, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not smart enough to figure out riddles brother - what exactly are you saying?

Re: Burner's Burning Questions: News, Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

I'm not smart enough to figure out riddles brother - what exactly are you saying?

With Doctson's latest flea bite, err I mean injury

It's a tough break,for sure. But if a guy is willing to cut the back of his shoe out in an effort to get on the field,why are we bitching about him when we've had guys like Sua Cravens and Haynesworth here that didn't give a damn?

And just to stay relevant to the thread, if it was indeed a flea that took down Docston, that flea is a heckuva tackler and defender, and @Burgundy Burner should seriously consider taking flea in the 3rd round of the 2019 draft.

And just to stay relevant to the thread, if it was indeed a flea that took down Docston, that flea is a heckuva tackler and defender, and @Burgundy Burner should seriously consider taking flea in the 3rd round of the 2019 draft.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers believe he should have a second round grade. Too spicy for my taste.

FYI...

I will be on the Cover32 Redskins radio show next Friday at 6:20pm to 6:40pm EDT. It should be posted the next day or sometime next weekend. I'll post the link here.

Craig Hoffman on Twitter:

Josh Doctson is #1 on the Z receiver depth chart. He is about the 5th most important target on this team. Why would the offense be designed around him when you can get Jordan Reed and Chris Thompson isolated on LB's and safeties? The answer is you wouldn't.

As long as Josh and PRich can threaten defenses deep, which they do, the offense works because Jordan, Chris and Jamison have room to work underneath.

There are coverages (single high safety looks) where those guys will get more looks. Teams keep playing C2, C4 and man.

Josh Doctson is questionable to play vs. the Saints.

Not to be too sarcastic but how is that assessment any different than what we have seen the first 3 weeks?

Questionable and Josh seem to go together.

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

Bye Week, 2019 Mock Draft

Greetings from BBQ to everyone in BGO land and guests from social media – we hope you become a member here.

The 2018 season enters its fourth week and the Redskins have an early bye. A 2-1 start brings optimism to some fans, but others are a bit guarded. Having a mock this early in the season is a bit unusual, but the early bye is here and we are making good on the promise to bring you one. We'll also have a mock after the eighth game of the season – mid way through the schedule.

Will BBQ match or surpass the success that it had with the 2018 mocks? We'll find out next spring, but now it is time to take an early look at the draft possibilities for the Redskins in 2019. It will be difficult and very challenging, but it is a task that we embrace.

Without any further delays, let's take an early look at 2019 with this mock.

Round One: Amani Oruwariye, CB, Penn St

Round Two: Austin Bryant, OLB, Clemson

Round Three: Beau Benzschawel, OG, Wisconsin

Round Three (Comp Pick): Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

Round Four: David Sills, WR, West Virginia

Round Five: Corbin Kaufusi, DE, Brigham Young

Round Five (Comp Pick): Lester Cotton, OG, Alabama

Round Six (Comp Pick): Qadree Ollison, RB, Pittsburgh

Round Six (Comp Pick): Joe Dineen, ILB, Kansas

Round Seven: Kingsley Keke, DE, Texas A&M

There is your bye week mock and we hope to have another one after the eighth game of the season. Tomorrow, we will post the grades, evals, and questions from the Green Bay game. Have a great week.

Hail To The Redskins!

BB as much as I'd love to have a mountaineer on the team, do you think Sills would last until the 4th? He's having a great year and he's a big target.

His frame is kinda light but some serious weight room time would give us a helluva TE of the future prospect imho.

Last edited:

The mocks done at this time of the year will vary widely with each pundit or schmunk like me. They will start to look much different next winter.

Next weekend, like every mid October timeframe, I will start the process of evaluating prospects for the 2019 draft. My database will start to form for each position and will go through numerous changes over the next six and a half months.

Eventually, we'll see where Sills is and how he stacks up against other receivers.

I am sure the Saints loss has encouraged the team to believe we are just about to turn the corner on attendance 😈

Gruden needs to go. Allen who refuses to let the front office spend any real money in free agency needs to go.

You can't fall behind in a game with Drew Brees and then go into a fetal position and give up in the third quarter by running the ball on first and second down.

We waited for Jordan Reed to get healthy and then he gets TWO targets in a game the team needs big plays?

The 2019 draft is a long way off but now it appears likely new people may be impacting our schemes and who we go after.

I don't see the team resigning Jamison Crowder or Preston Smith.

Neither player is a consistent playmaker.

Upgrades can be found for both.

It's a tough break,for sure. But if a guy is willing to cut the back of his shoe out in an effort to get on the field,why are we bitching about him when we've had guys like Sua Cravens and Haynesworth here that didn't give a damn?

eh. Had he cut out the cod piece on his pants and played with his firehose swinging on national TV - now that takes gumption. Not to mention a daring defiance of possibly family terminating injury! Athletes these daze - wussies!

The point is Doctson is unproductive when he is on the field. Period.

He doesn't get separation and has 50/50 hands taking us back to the days of Rod Gardner.

The team instead of admitting he has high bust potential instead avoided drafting or signing any WRs that could give the team insurance.

Doctson is 6'2 and 215-20.

The signing of Richardson theoretically brings back the deep threat to open things up for the guys like Josh, etc but the problem there is Richardson himself has a long history of injury problems.

And 4 games in, Richardson is hurt once again.

I'll give it 4 more games before approaching such absolute conclusions.

Burner's Burning Questions: Grades, Evals, Questions, Regular Season, 2018

Week Five

Greetings to everyone here in BGO land and greetings to all of our friends on social media. We hope you become a member of the family here.

Back and forth, back and forth. Win one, lose one, win one, lose one. The Monday Night Debacle, Act II. The scorn and anger of fans.

Our thoughts continue to be focused on those who were in the path of Hurricane Florence and in recent days, those who were significantly affected by Michael. We hope areas affected can get the help and support that is needed, but understand it will take time.

Week five is in the books and now we take a look at how the entire team fared against the New Orleans Saints on Monday night. The questions and answers will be quick and simple due to a short week. We will try to make some sense of it all as BBQ hands out grades, evaluations, and questions. Feel free to offer your own grades, evaluations, questions, and opinions.

Let's take a look at week five.

Quarterbacks:
Question: How did Alex Smith fare?
Answer: Horrible.
Grade: F

Running Backs:
Question: Do you have a grade for them?
Answer: Sure, but it is not good.
Grade: D

Wide Receivers:
Question: Well, how about the receivers?
Answer: It is not pretty.

Tight Ends:
Question: Should I ask?
Answer: Absolutely. The tight ends did a bit better.
Grade: C-

Offensive Line:
Question: What in the world?
Answer: They were on another planet, sleeping.

Defensive Line:
Question: What grade would you give their effort against the Saints?
Answer: I wouldn't.

Linebackers:
Question: How did this group fare against the Saints?
Answer: They should've stayed at home. Mailing it in seems to apply.

Cornerbacks:
Question: This is going to be a disastrous grade, right?
Answer: What makes you say such a thing?

Safeties:
Question: Does the carnage continue?
Answer: Yep.

Special Teams:
Question: But you have a good grade for the special teams, right?
Answer: The silver lining thing?
Grade: D

Coaching:
Question: What can we say about the coaches for this game?
Answer:
Offense. Garbage.

Defense. Landfill.

Special teams. Not the worst.

Let's just move on to the Panthers game. On second thought, maybe not. On to game five – we think. We'll see you next week with grades, evaluations, and questions.

Anyone have a toilet plunger?

Hail to sumthin' or anutter!

I think we are all getting a bit tired of being terrible

We're not terrible, and we havn't been terrible in 4 years - the longest streak of non-terribleness in the entire Snyder era.

2018 2-2
2017 7-9
2016 8-7-1
2015 9-7
2014 4-12

That's right Fear, and I'm thankful that you are keeping your perspective.

I think there are a few factors driving the uber-negativity Skins fans are feeling at this point in the 2018 season, despite the fact that we are still in the driver's seat division-wise:

1) This is Gruden's 5th season at the helm. Yet we are still seeing the team lose to sub-par teams even on our home turf (Colts anyone?). We are still seeing poor, undisciplined play after 2 week's preparation following the bye week. We are still hearing the flat, listless responses to the media questions that leave the impression he doesn't really have any answers for those failings.

2) In previous seasons, it was rare for the team just to 'not show up' and get shellacked. Most losses we've had, the team at least looked to have a fighting chance down the stretch. This year, in our two losses so far, we looked like we were entirely unprepared to compete and unable to mount a serious comeback.

3) If we were honest and reasonable, we should've expected some major growing pains this year. Although the team has added a lot of young talent, we also changed QB and had some other offensive turnover. The transition has been a lot bumpier than we thought it might be.

4) Injuries in the run game have really hurt us. We struck oil with Peterson early, but the only reason that was even possible is because we lost Guice right out of the gate. Add in injuries to Kelley and just about all the RBs, with a slow start in Chris Thompson's return, and it's really hurt us. It's the combination of a new QB, shaky WR play, and injuries in the run game that have made sustained drives and points a major challenge. One can't help but wonder how having a healthy Guice in the backfield would've impacted things so far?

These factors have created a lot more angst than losing a couple of early games probably warrants. If we win today, we will be in command of the NFC East. That is not a terrible start. Yet it certainly feels like we have started horribly, and if we manage to lose today, there will be full on panic amongst fans and a feeding frenzy with the DC media.

Well John, it doesn't help that Jay told everyone before the season that this team was built to win now and that we have to win right away.

When the head coach is talking like that, it does raise expectations. I never once remember Joe Gibbs publicly put that much pressure on his teams. He may have behind closed doors, but not publicly.

On another note: Jordan Reed

Jay has talked about how important he is to the offense yet, he doesn't get used/targeted much. Alex Smith on the other hand, has been often criticized in the past for throwing too much to his backs and TEs and not enough to his wide receivers.

You'd think Smith and Reed would be a perfect match and that it would mesh well early and it just hasn't materialized. Some of the film gurus on Twitter were saying that Reed was open in the middle of the field alot last Monday and for some reason, he wasn't targeted

To me, that's a pretty bad coaching failure .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.