• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2017 Keys to the Game Contest

Oh man.... I was so wrong last week. LOL

I hate it when I feel optimistic going into a game because I feel I'm going to jinx us...

Right here goes.

So the Chiefs have faced the Patriots (not the team everyone expected and their D looks awful), the Eagles (possibly the best team they've played, took advantage of us starting slow in week 1 and then barely beat the Giants, who are awful, and the Chargers...) and the Chargers (who are appalling).
So... Are the Chiefs really that good?

I don't think they've faced a Defence like ours yet. If we play up to the same sort of level we've risen to last week then I think we could give this Chiefs O fits.

On the flip side their D is pretty good and our O is pretty inconsistent.

So this is a game of strong D's versus suspect O's.

Hmmmm...

Ok thought process over here's the Keys to what I think will be a relatively low scoring game... I'm seeing 21-14

1) Our D holds fast again, the Chiefs struggle to move the ball as we clamp down on the run again and prove that Alex Smith is not a game changing QB.
2) (Edited as I hear Crowder is questionable for tonight!) Their O has been more consistent but I think ours is more explosive and so we'll see Thompson carry on his run of form. 150 yards and 2 TD's as our offense hits a groove.

HTTR

Last edited:
Defense produces 3 sacks and an INT in an impressive defensive showing, our offense sputters early in the game, final score 20-17, Skins HTTR!!

Last week the defense set the tone by controlling a punishing style of running game. Tonight they face the opposite with KC's adoption of the spread. The front seven stopped the Humvee, now they face a Ferrari. Gap integrity and eye discipline will be the key. Kerrigan, Smith, Galette, and Anderson will need to stay home.

Preston Smith continues to impress and will make 3-4 tackles for a loss forcing Alex Smith to beat us. He won't.

No winner in Week 4, although I'll give @Ax an honorable mention for nearly calling Pryor's coming out party. It looked like that might be the case (ditto with Doctson) but both guys missed major opportunities on key plays and helped the Redskins fall just short of a win.

We'll see you guys in a week and get your keys for the 49ers game!

#SeeTheKey

Key to the game....................................the coin toss.

Everything goes downhill from there for the F'ers.

Morgan Moses ankle is good - Perine runs right side for 120
Dunbar gets burned once and has a pick next series

Okay gotta bring something positive here for the Eagles game because while feeling we CAN beat them, I'm not confident we will because of our injuries and their defense against the run.

However, in contradiction to Boone.. I'm gonna say the new kicker what's his name wins the game with less than a minute to go with a chip shot field goal. :)

I missed the Niners game last week, so let's pitch in on the Eagles.

I think we're being written off in alot of quarters due to injuries, but I think we'll hang in there.

This week is the week our offense finally clicks (again!) and we get Crowder and Reed involved. On D our second stringers step up.

Keys to the game:

Reed and Thompson BOTH go over 100 yards receiving and get a touchdown each.
AND we score over 10pts after halftime - our traditional lull doesn't happen.

No winner in Week 6...but get those Keys in for Week 7 against the Eagles.

#SeeTheKey

Philly's secondary isn't overwhelming - partially due to their run D but they are averaging giving up 2 TD's per game. With that in ming;

Pryor's coming out party is this week. 5 of 7 receiving; 1 TD & 100+ yards. Kirk gets 400+ yards and 4 TDs (3 pass 1 run) but it isn't quite enough. Philly 34 - Washington 31.

No winner in Week 7. On to Week 8. Give us your key to the Redskins/Cowboys game.

#SeeTheKey

Time.

Mismanagement of the clock, combined with poor use of timeouts, results in another loss, at home, to the hated rival.

Let's go boys and girls - we've got some classic Redskins keyrings to give away.

My key? Redskins shock the NFL - and hold Elliott to <50 yards while Fat Rob rumbles for > 100.

I'm going to give it to @Ax this week even though those things were the least of our issues today. Ax, pm Brother @Om and provide mailing info.

Let's get more than 1 'Key' going for the Seattle game next week :)

#SeeTheKey

Key to the Game:

Scherff and Williams suit up and return the O-line to some semblance of itself. Which allows us to run a little and have a more balanced offence as we return to .500

Jeremy Sprinkle

Forced to use him due to Crystal Reed dropping a sheet of toilet paper on his foot, Gruden rediscovers that the team has running backs. Sprinkle's blocking helps to get the running game going. His receiving skills are displayed as well with his 1st NFL touchdown.

Redskins 20
Seattle 17

Last week was a tune-up for a wet ball drill.

We don't fumble this week in wet Seattle - they do.

Harvey-Clemons spies Wilson and gets two sacks

Rob Kelly has a breakout game
Terrelle Pryor has a breakout game
Crowder doesn't muff a punt

Brian Quick gets activated scores a TD. Kirk gets 300 yds/2 TD/1 Int. Skins have the lead going into the 4th Quarter. Hawks regain the lead on a Wilson rush TD midway thru the last Quarter only to lose the game in the final 2 min's on a Rose FG.

Final: Redskins 24/Hawks 23

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.