• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

2017 Keys to the Game Contest

OK here goes.

Alas I'm predicting a Redskin loss, but a close one. 31-28 in a shoot out.

The Skins play well, both in the air and on the ground, but we're not as ready for primetime as the Raiders.

Keys:

Perine goes for over 100 yards and 2 scores.
Kirk goes for 250 yards and 2 scores and 1 int.

BONUS Key:

That interception.... Amerson.

That's the kind of stuff that happens to the Redskins (like Morris scoring for Dallas last year!)

I thinks it's amusing that fans are convinced David Amerson is going to come back to haunt us, but Terrelle Pryor returning to the team that let him go is a non-factor :)

In the first loss to Dallas last season, Morris crushed the Redskins running 5 times for a total of 7 yards. Yeah, 4 of those yards were a TD run.

In the second meeting he ran once for 12 yards.

Hardly a difference maker by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, 4 of those yards were a TD run..

LOL Yeah it's specifically THAT bit that bothers me.

I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to the Skins, but there's a pattern over recent years that they still have to prove to me that they've broken.

Morris's touchdown.... when he had only had 7 yards, just felt typical. LOL

Amerson getting an interception.... feels like the same kind of thing. This stuff just seems to happen to the Skins.

Plus: With Reed nursing injury, Pryor still having to prove his hands aren't made of stone and with Kirk throwing every other throw vaguely off target the fact he's only had 1 interception feels like a miracle! Last year he finished the season with 12, the year before 11. That's one every game and a half give or take, so he's due. It'll be just typical that it's Amerson that picks it off. Plus Amerson isn't a bad CB in the Black & Silver.

Arguing we may have a tough time if it, and arguing it'll be because of Amerson are two different things [emoji4]

The Cowboys gave Morris the opportunity to punch it in from 4 yards out and he did. It could've been anyone.

I'm just saying Redskins fans are like mugging victims - every random guy approaching us on the street to ask us what time it is is going to get a face full of mace [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay calls a more balanced game tho Kirk looks much better connecting with the wr's. Del Rio is gonna blitz the hell out of us but Jay's expecting it with at least 150 yards and 2 scores out of screens.

Key play and momentum clincher is a sack/safety by Kerrigan....BOOK IT!
****Edited due to copyright laws****

Redskins 34
Raiders 23

Last edited:
The most surprising, "where the hell has THAT been" key to the game.................

Josh Doctson's 1st NFL touchdown.

On

a

fade!

Jay calls a more balanced game tho Kirk looks much better connecting with the wr's. Del Rio is gonna blitz the hell out of us but Jay's expecting it with at least 150 yards and 2 scores out of screens.

Key play is a go ahead score when Kirk connects with Doctson on a red zone fade....BOOK IT!

Redskins 34
Raiders 23

Plagiarism at it's best.

We'll just see what my lawyer, J. Noble Daggett, has to say about this!

It's all about Perine and Sprinkle - Perine goes over 100 and Sprinkle has 5 catches for 85. Of course it would help matters if Sprinkle is active for the game! LOL

Well no one can say you weren't bold blanford! :)

Interested to see if they bring up Sprinkle for the game - early indications are Kelley down, Reed up as a decoy. We'll see.

One thing I have noticed in the past is that Reed seems to be a non-factor when significantly dinged - which I believe he currently is.

I'd entertain offers for Balsa Wood Reed. Hope someone like Cleveland would give up a 1st, or a 2nd & 3rd.

I'd rather have a good player, every week, than a great player, only randomly available.

It won't be about one single player or play.
But a unit.
The overall defense will subdue the potent Raider offense, as a group, and with great scheming by Manusky.
Oakland will be held to 24 points or less. And less than 300 total offense.
Normally, that would be nothing to brag about. But considering it's the Washington defense, and the Raider offense, it will be somewhat impressive.
Final score Skins 27-24.
Manusky gets a Gatorade shower.
So the key players will be a tie between Manusky and the Gatorade bucket.

I'd entertain offers for Balsa Wood Reed. Hope someone like Cleveland would give up a 1st, or a 2nd & 3rd.

I'd rather have a good player, every week, than a great player, only randomly available.

That's why you'd be a teriible GM :)

I'd like to see Reed be more durable too (who wouldn't?). But in 3 years he's averaged 3 games missed per season. Would I love to have 0 games missed? Of course. But having a weapon like Reed for 13/16 games a season is not insignificant, and it's certainly better for this team than anything we'd get in return. If it gets worse, I reserve the right to change my mind. But as of right now, he's been out there and probably our best offensive weapon 13 games per year.

His production over those 3 years?
203 catches
2103 yards
17 TDs

I'll take that every day of the year.

Last edited:
When I predict a Redskin win - they lose. If I predict a loss - they win. So with that in mind...

Washington plays from behind the entire game and can't stop both Crabtree & Cooper although they sack Carr 3 times.
Jay bails on the run midway thru the first Quarter and doesn't go back to it.
Cousins - 199 yds/1 TD/2 Int/4 sacks.
Raidettes 28/Washington 20

I don't see a scenario of just a couple of plays making the difference in this one. It'll come down to strategy & execution throughout the game on both sides.

It won't be about one single player or play.
But a unit.
The overall defense will subdue the potent Raider offense, as a group, and with great scheming by Manusky.
Oakland will be held to 24 points or less. And less than 300 total offense.
Normally, that would be nothing to brag about. But considering it's the Washington defense, and the Raider offense, it will be somewhat impressive.
Final score Skins 27-24.
Manusky gets a Gatorade shower.
So the key players will be a tie between Manusky and the Gatorade bucket.

Where was the Gatorade shower ? He deserved it !

Yes he did deserve it consider this take away those 2 turnovers and the last drive which added 60 yards to their favor we might possible could have held them to under 100. Not saying we would but good possibility. Did they cross midfield without our help?

Keys to this upcoming game will be to slow down or stop Hunt wich will prove to be tough

Week 3 winner is @Fear The Spear. Fear, PM Om with your full name and mailing address (and let him know if you have a preference of key chain).

Fear put it all on the performance of the Redskins D and was absolutely correct, although he only tiptoed up to predicting the utter domination we actually witnessed. I saw our D putting immense pressure on Carr, but he didn't get knocked out of the game as I thought he would. Consolation props to Brother @Ax who correctly called Josh Doctson getting his very first receiving TD. Nice call Ax.

Time to get in your Week 4 'key'... what play, player, or moment will turn the tide next Monday night?

#SeeTheKey

Back and forth game all night. Skins trail by 4 with 5 minutes to go when Swearinger picks off Alex Smith for the go ahead score. Skins D forces the 3 and out.

Good guys win another on the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.