• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

The 8th Annual BGO Ballers Fantasy Football League

I'm just thinking out loud. It's more like Yahoo needing to do something about it. Like the injury to a player in the first qtr and you can't have a designated player in the same time slot and position thing. Just a pet peeve more than anything.

Being new and all, not sure I'm qualified to offer any suggestions, but this one sounds reasonable... I mean.. a "live" team isn't forced to play without their starting QB (Yes, I had Aaron Rodgers :()... it's not like Yahoo doesn't keep up on fantasy points and status...

It would be difficult to implement and I'm not sure it could be done. The logistics make it so difficult.

I don't see it as that hard, as it would be a request made to me to make the replacement. Implementation takes only a minute, and it can be done at any time over the day following the game.

The issue I would see is that you will have people upset that they may lose a game, potentially a close one, because of such a switch. With all things in these sort of contests, you want to make it feel like the smallest amount of robbery as possible. Everybody has bad breaks, and there are so many incidents of things just not working out.

Fantasy football is a great deal of luck, and when it feels like you got screwed by a person, not fates, sometimes people take it personally.

I'm fine with doing those sort of changes, and think it makes it more fair myself. Some don't see it that way when it hurts their own chances though, so that's why I always make sure everybody agrees to it before making changes.

It's just the way it is. I lost two games on the same night - one by less than two points and another by less than a point when Stefon Diggs went down in the first quarter of a Monday night game. Those were likely wins and both of those losses likely keeps me out of the playoffs in each league. It happens to all of us at various times.

But that is the nature of FF. You're starting to celebrate Monday afternoon and then it becomes an "oh well - easy come, easy go" moment. I say leave as it is and grumble about it on the way when it happens, lol.

Oh, and for those who have Deshaun Watson as their QB, he likely tore his ACL this afternoon and probably done for the season. Ugh.

Naw, I don't think you should be able to switch out players if they get hurt. Sucks but that's what makes the game exciting and makes it what it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I lost 2 of my first 3 picks to IR this year.

Thanks, Yahoo. I couldn't log on for the longest time and early games started. I knew that one of my TEs would not play today.

So hey, congrats Ax. Eat dirt, Yahoo.

I don't know if Shi will give me the benefit of the doubt here, but he did for one of my opponents in a similar situation a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
If I would have seen a time stamp on here or the messages showing that you had posted something about it prior to kickoff, I actually was going to switch players for you. Unfortunately, the earliest timestamp is 39 minutes after.

Let me know via PM or otherwise as soon as possible if something like that happens, and I have a justification to change it. If you recall, when I did give somebody the benefit of the doubt back then, you threatened to quit the league over it, and I rolled it back. Unless I have very solid proof of an issue and chronological evidence of when the intent was, I can't make a change that will be perceived as fair.

Sorry it worked out that way for you though, I'm open to shifting from Yahoo in the future, as they are the least secure company in the world, next to Equifax. I honestly thought about it this year too. I know you and others have had issues with them in the past.

Next year, we can look into ESPN, NFL.com, or CBS.

It was just one of those things - like a couple of years ago.

It happened.

Likely to lose anyway as the team is doing extremely poor in today's games.

That's life.

One other item of note. You took the initiative to replace that player a couple of years ago when the team owner didn't even ask you. I told you what happened today and you owe me nothing, even on what happened two years ago, right?

After today's games, I am done with these leagues. The favoritism was strong then and while I understand your position today, there is no intent to cheat on my end. It wasn't fair to me two years ago and it would not be fair to Ax today. Sorry to put you in this position, but I was screwed today (not your fault) and two years ago.

Shi does a great job. If you want to discuss FF disputes take it to PM please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is not, and never has been, any favoritism. Two years ago, what I learned was this: don't try to do the right thing in this game, as if it ends up costing anybody the game, they will get very upset about it. As stated, I would have gladly updated yours if I had a listing of you trying to make the change sooner. It is not an accusation of you trying to cheat, it is merely a statement of what the process is to keep it fair, and not unjustly, in anybody's eyes, mess with a result.

If that is considered favoritism, that is your choice. If you, or anyone, needs actions taken in the league, be it for personal reasons, or for the website screwing up, just PM me as soon as possible and I'll do what I can to take care of it. For your issue this time, I looked for any transactions taken, any messages sent, to prove the change would have been valid. When I saw the email notifying me that you posted stating there was an issue, I logged onto my computer with the intent of making the change, as I figured you had posted sooner.

The previous incident was brought up only to show that I learned from that mistake. I tried to be the good guy there, and I learned not to do that again, but be completely impartial. That is how it is, and will be.

I do thank everybody for playing, and hopefully people are having fun with it. Good luck.

We agree to disagree. You could still make that move - it won't affect the outcome as I will get beat handily. You owe me that much.

This league isn't even for money or anything. It's not that serious. Woosah.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My lack of keeping updated to the NFL happenings cost me a starter in Kelvin Benjamin this week. Was going to suggest it was unfair, but the reality is I didn't do my due diligence and I got caught by starting him. Luckily I didn't need him.

Yeah, Sunday mornings can be crazy. I go to the early services at church and the first thing I do is head out to the car when the services are over. I check the phone and head quickly home to get on the computer if changes are needed. That's just insane and I need to be spending more time with the people there after the last prayer is said.

So this is the last year of FF for me. I'll probably return to one of the other contests as most of those are easier and typically don't need any adjustments on Sunday morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.