• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Burner's Burning Questions: Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017 (Continual Updates)

Who announces the Redskins pick for the 3rd round? Wasn't Garcon the Redskins man of the year last year?

Seems we're pillaging Bama this year. What else they got we want?

Ryan Anderson is good. It's a bit of a reach here, but a pretty good pick.

So I gotta wonder about a couple guys : Preston Smith and Kendall Fuller.
Both of them recent high picks.
And we just now spent high picks on apparent replacements for them.
Are their days numbered as Redskins ?

With all due respect on Kendall Fuller - he needed a full year to fully heal and has now done so. He should have an outstanding season upcoming. With the new DB coach, Fuller will shine.

Preston Smith had a tough sophomore campaign and needs to pick it up this year.

I don't see the selections as replacements. We just have a lot of depth and talent now. It's a good problem to have.

If he improves this year we have nice depth at CB position and could be set at that position for awhile hopefully

From what Chris Cooley said Preston Smith has to start making the team from the practice field rather than the clubs in DC.

This guy is 25 going on 26. Time for him to grow up and play an impactful 16 games rather than a strong 3-4 games and then disappearing in the other 10-12.

We will see about Fuller. The key is for him to regain his speed. He seemed a step slow last year. I don't know if we can just assume he is going to be better physically in 2017, and I think that's why we took Moreau.

Moreau isn't going to start in 2017 but he's the insurance policy against Breeland leaving in free agency and/or Fuller not making the grade.

Anderson?

He's the anti-Smith.

He has a stronger work ethic and produces more consistently in a defined role.

There's nothing wrong with that. Bellichick has won Super Bowls with defenses FULL of those kinds of players :)

Free Agency, The Mock Drafts, 2017(Continual Updates)​

Greetings from BBQ to all in BGO land. The remaining rounds (four through seven) of the NFL Draft occur today. Who will the Redskins add to the roster? Will they go defense again or finally add to the offense? Is another “steal” or more on the horizon?

These questions and more will be answered by this evening.

The list of UDFAs will start to unfold tonight and tomorrow. BBQ will not try to predict such a list, but will publish the signees here when they are added to the roster.

Today we bring you a list of players that have been mocked in the third through seventh rounds by BBQ. We think any of these players could be selected today. We are also providing a small list of players that received latter round consideration during the mocking process.

If a player was mocked in a certain round and drops, then BBQ will include them in the proceeding round(s).

Let’s get right to it.

Rounds Four Through Seven Prospects:

Anthony Walker, ILB, Northwestern
This talented inside linebacker would be a solid choice.

Carlos Watkins, DT/DE, Clemson
After taking the best DE in the draft on the first day, the Redskins could add another defensive lineman on day three.

Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami
This seems much less likely than a few weeks ago.

Isaac Asiata, G, Utah
Massively built guard could fill a huge need.

Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
Taking a wide receiver on the third day is not out of the question.

Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Don’t be surprised if this happens. It is actually a team need if Jordan Reed has another concussion.

Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech
See the previous player.

Ryan Glasgow, DE/DT, Michigan
Another defensive lineman to watch.

Elijah Qualls, DT, Washington
A huge defensive tackle is sorely needed.

Nico Siragusa, G, San Diego St.
Left guard needs attention and this player could fill that need.

Jarron Jones, DE/DT, Notre Dame
Another player to consider for the defensive line.

Jeremy Sprinkle, TE, Arkansas
The Redskins could wait until the latter rounds and select a tight end.

Cole Hikutini, TE, Louisville
Another tight end for the Redskins to consider.

Josh Augusta, DT, Missouri
This massively sized lineman could be wearing burgundy and gold.

Jordan Morgan, G, Kutztown
A late round prospect at guard and could be ready to jump from small school to the big time.

Jay Guillermo, G/C, Clemson
Depth at center is a need and his versatility can’t be overlooked.

Jordan Evans, ILB, Oklahoma
He has a lot of potential and could be a good special teams player.

Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado
Could he be the number one target at DT?

Caleb Brantley, DE/DT, Florida
Does this happen? Only time will tell.

Hardy Nickerson, ILB, Illinois
Will the pedigree be passed on to the son?

Tyrique Jarrett, DT, Pittsburgh
A project who may need some time on the practice squad.

Ben Boulware, ILB, Clemson
Could make the team with his special teams play.

Jehu Chesson, WR, Michigan
A late round gem in the making?

David Jones, FS, Richmond
Injury concerns knock him further down in the draft, but could be a real steal.

Ricky Seals-Jones, WR, Texas A&M
He has the potential and needs to harness it.

Dylan Donahue, OLB, West Georgia
A late round prospect who could surprise.

Other Possible Targets
Nate Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh
Vincent Taylor, DE, Oklahoma St.
Charles Walker, DE/DT, Oklahoma
DeDe Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
Richie Brown, OLB/ILB, Mississippi St.
James Quick, WR, Louisville
Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon
Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina
Ben Braden, G, Michigan

Possible Latter Round Prospects Contacted, Interviewed, Visited:
East-West Shrine game - EW
Senior Bowl - SB
Combine – NFLC
Team Pro Day – TPD
Team Visit – TV
Private Workout – PW

Billy Brown, TE, Shepherd – EW
Avery Moss, DE, Youngstown St. - EW
Erik Austell, OT, Charleston Southern – EW
De’Veon Smith, RB, Michigan - EW
Tony Stevens, WR, Auburn - EW
Channing Stribling, CB, Michigan – EW
Joey Ivie, DT, Florida – EW
Ryan Glasgow, DT, Michigan – SB
Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M - SB
Marquez White, CB, Florida St. – SB
Ben Gedeon, ILB, Michigan – SB
Zach Banner, OT/G, Southern Cal – SB
Patrick Vidal, DL, Catholic Univ. – PW
Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson – NFLC
Avery Gennesy, OT, Texas A&M – NFLC
William Holden, OT, Vanderbilt – NFLC
Danny Isidora, G, Miami – NFLC
Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida – NFLC
Cameron Lee, G, Illinois St. – NFLC
Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado – TPD
Patrick Towles, QB, Boston College – TPD
Patrick Ricard, DE/DT, Maine – TPD, PW
Derrick Griffin, TE, Texas Southern – TPD
Niles Scott, DT, Frostburg St. – TV
Dayon Pratt, OLB, East Carolina – TPD
Tedric Thompson, FS, Colorado – TV
Kofi Amichia, G, South Florida – PW
Darius Victor, RB, Towson – TV
Levern Jacobs III, WR, Maryland – TV
Deon-Tay McManus, WR, Marshall – PW
Connor Bozick, OT, Delaware – PW

There you have it – all remaining prospects possibilities. BBQ could continue to score a complete miss, but we are hoping for some measure of success.

What a run it has been. From the very early mock last May, the mock of last fall, and the mocks this offseason, you have been there with your support and interaction. The hope is that you have been able to learn about these players and how they could fit with the Redskins. Thank you so much for reading this blog.

We’ll soon switch back to free agency mode – not too much happening on that front, but it does need some updates later next week. As per our tradition each year following the draft, we will have the very first mock for 2018 in the coming week.

BBQ is thinking of hiring an assistant sometime soon. She must be a nice looking fifty-something female and having a strong fandom of the Redskins is a must. Ok, maybe that is asking too much. Maybe a long nap will suffice.

See you as we go along.

Hail To The Redskins!

There were a couple kids from ODU that are prospects. One was a WR and the other I believe is a DL. Any word on them? Or did they get drafted last night? Early in 3rd round I fell asleep in the recliner and missed everything.

Always wary of local prospects as we tend to over value them.

I think Butt is one of the best prospects still on the board and we need insurance behind Reed. That would be my first 4th round pick today if he's still there.

They haven't been drafted, but could get a call in the late rounds or as UDFAs.

I would like to see Butt as well.

Um, the taken out of context thread thing...

I wasn't thinking of us taking them as much it was curiosity to see if missed anything after falling asleep.

Do you see us taking the remaining 7 picks or using a couple to move up

Here is my own personal mock for round four through seven.

4th - Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
4th - Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego St.
5th - Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma
6th - Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor
6th - Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado
7th - Caleb Brantley, DE/DT, Florida
7th - Ben Braden, OG, Michigan

I wouldn't mind if the Redskins traded their two sixth rounders and moved up to the early part of round five or possibly the end of round four. I would also like it if they traded their seventh rounders and moved up to early in the sixth round. I do think at least one such trade happens today.

Also, the Redskins did not trade down one position in round three last night. That was an erroneous report last night from a reporter at the WaPo.

I wasn't thinking of us taking them as much it was curiosity to see if missed anything after falling asleep.

Do you see us taking the remaining 7 picks or using a couple to move up

Good question. I've been wrong with this whole draft, but I could see such a trade happening today. We'll find out soon enough.

Don't feel bad BB, had everyone filled out draft brackets, they would have been busted with 2nd pick.

Are there any hybrid lb/s types that can cover te's still left? A taller Craven's type I suppose?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.