• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Two Things I Would Like to See In Last 2 Games

I don't disagree Elephant - believe me, I'll spend 3 hours of my life watching them tonight - and I'd love to see them throw some cold water on the Cowboys playoff hopes. I just don't have any reason to believe they'll do it. And while we'd like to pretend, for personal reasons, that it's a meaningful game, for the Redskins, it's not.

I liken it to the year the Girls went 1-15. The one win they had was against us and that was about as meaningful a win they could have had. Every time I bring up their 1-15 record to a fan, they invariably reply with, "Yeah that one win was against you!"

I guess one of the most depressing things upon my return to the DC area last year was the amount of Cowgirl fans in the area and the crap they all talk. I can't stand it and at this point the only thing that could keep their mouths shut is for us to win tonight.

A win tonight does not give this team a pass for the poor showing most of the season. It doesn't give Zorn a stay of execution. It doesn't give those veterans who under perform a reprieve from the chopping block. All it will do is give this fan and I believe others a little gratification to beat the Girls and perhaps knock them out of the playoff hunt.

Let's just hope some of the younger players are hungry enough to go out and play hard tonight and that some of the veterans who understand the rivalry want to give it to them. In that respect, I hope they can find a little meaning and give us, the fans, a victory tonight.

Last edited:
I don't disagree Elephant - believe me, I'll spend 3 hours of my life watching them tonight - and I'd love to see them throw some cold water on the Cowboys playoff hopes. I just don't have any reason to believe they'll do it. And while we'd like to pretend, for personal reasons, that it's a meaningful game, for the Redskins, it's not.

To me, it's only meaningful if we win. ANY victory over Dallas is meaningful and ALWAYS makes me feel a lot better. Hell no, I don't expect a victory but I'd sure love the feeling of one.

And while we'd like to pretend, for personal reasons, that it's a meaningful game, for the Redskins, it's not.

I have to say, I did not buy into this before the game. I fully expected more than we saw. You were right Boone, the team did not show up to play. It was meaningless!

I have supported and defended Big Al for much of this season. I have to say that he is one of the biggest culprits of giving up on this team! This was one of the worst displays of professional football I have ever seen!

The sad thing is that Dallas isn't that good. They are still playing weak December ball but we are just so bad right now that it doesn't matter.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that last time (and only other time) the NFC East swept the Redskins was 1994. At least that was a rebuilding year. This wasn't a rebuilding year. This was one of the many, many years that we were supposedly ready to turn the corner and actually be a good team for once. This year was 1993, the collapse at the end of a run, except we don't have four NFC championships and three superbowl trophies for our efforts. No, we got not-quite-.500 ball and just-wait-til-next-year for a decade.

I'm just stunned at how freaking horrible this organization is right now. I'm SO glad we cut our kicker. Thank God we didn't miss any field goals tonight.

Last edited:
Haynesworth was blowing up the Girls' OLine all game (when he was in), not sure which Haynesworth you were watching...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Yeah, I thought Albert had a pretty good night. He was right in the middle of nearly all of those 3rd or 4th and 1 stops the D made and he was in the backfield hurrying Romo up a good portion of the night.

Problem is you have a couple guys looking good. They're all playing for themselves and not a team effort. This team is in desperate need of leadership and direction.

Haynesworth was blowing up the Girls' OLine all game (when he was in), not sure which Haynesworth you were watching...
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Lanky, I was taking photos 25 rows back at first and then in the dream seats, the Girls were opening huge holes throughout the game, huge! Big Al was getting pushed around a lot and I have it on film (give me some time to shrink the files and I will post a few). On Romo's 1st TD pass he was pushed around and on a couple of Barber runs during that drive I have photos that show him getting pushed aside for a huge hole.

Also, I saw was Big Al struggle to get on his feet after every play and when he was being replaced I watched him stroll to the sideline at a snails pace. If the Girls were paying closer attention, they could have caught him a few times barely getting off the field in time for the next play.

I was a huge defender of his all year long. I think he was a good pickup, but last night he did not appear to have any fire. Boone's assertion before the game that this game was meaningless to the Redskins showed in their play last night.

The Cowgirls are the worst 10-5 team I have ever seen! We made them look better than they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.