• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Don't look now, but...

• Thread starter Lanky Livingston
  • Start date

Lanky Livingston

The Orioles have the best record in baseball at 19-9, and the Nationals aren't far behind at 18-10 (in first place). Will the Orioles have their usual May-June collapse? Will the Nationals lack of depth catch up to them? We shall see.

I'm not getting excited yet. I think the Nationals at this point have the better chance of maintaining their success thus far.

But, I have a friend who is a baseball freak and knows a couple of the people involved in the O's organization (farm clubs and front office people) and he has been telling me for a couple years now the O's are gonna be good sooner than you think, so we'll see.

I'm not getting excited yet. I think the Nationals at this point have the better chance of maintaining their success thus far.

I'm not so sure about that - the Nationals are much younger, and their best players haven't even begun their MLB careers, really. We don't know how they'll react to a full 160 game season.

The O's, on the other hand, have played 2-3 seasons together already, and have some chemistry going. If their pitching holds up, there is no reason they can't keep this winning going. That's a big IF though; their pitching is usually what collapses after a promising start.

It's the pitching that concerns me. The Nationals have a better rotation. If the middle relief for the O's can maintain, I can see things differently. I guess it's like the Redskins, I am tired of getting my hope up only to be crushed by reality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.