PDA

View Full Version : It's NOT a bye week - Eagles/Giants losses are like wins !!

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 02:15 PM
Surprised there's no threads about the other games, especially the divisional ones, and especially considering both the Giants and Eagles are surprisingly losing to the Seahawks and Bills, respectively !!

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 02:24 PM
Watching the Eagles lose, and it is ugly. They look really bad.

The Giants losing to the Seahags is a shock too. Hopefully the trends continue!

Boone
10-09-11, 02:27 PM
I thought for sure the Eagles would rebound after all of the attention/talk this week about putting aside the 'Dream Team' stuff and steping up.

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 02:27 PM
Watching the Eagles lose, and it is ugly. They look really bad.

I have mixed feelings about this.

As much as I love seeing them get their asses whooped, I wonder if it means they'll come out with a vengeance against us next week.

Or if it will have the opposite effect - a demoralizing loss that drives them deeper.

Or if it's simply an accurate display of how bad they really are, which may be the case, considering their repeated same results the last few weeks.

Boone
10-09-11, 02:31 PM
If the Eagles were going to rally behind the flag - this was the week to do it. If 1-3 doesn't make a team desperate, I'm not sure 1-4 provides any more inspiration?

servumtuum
10-09-11, 02:32 PM
And how much of that is the fact that Buffalo has been simply playing pretty good football so far this season?

The Giants? Their play has been a mixed-bag of both good and bad, it's hard to know what to expect from them.

Elephant
10-09-11, 02:33 PM
Yeah...me too Boone. I went ahead and changed my pick in the Pick 'em at the last minute choosing the Eagles over the Bills.

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 02:34 PM
The Giants? Their play has been a mixed-bag of both good and bad, it's hard to know what to expect from them.

Yep, they seem to be a bigger question mark than the Eagles, as far as their true identity.

Boone
10-09-11, 02:35 PM
Giants-Seahawks all tied up at the half 14-14.

Elephant
10-09-11, 02:35 PM
And that play calling by Andy Reid at the end of the half was terrible. They should have taken the 3 and gone into the half.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 02:37 PM
Bwahahahahaha, Reid's awesome playcalling at the end of halves continues. Wasted a FG chance. Has to be in Vick's ear telling him not to sit on the ball too long.

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 02:38 PM
Bwahahahahaha, Reid's awesome playcalling at the end of halves continues. Wasted a FG chance. Has to be in Vick's ear telling him not to sit on the ball too long.

Matt/Who Del must be sticking sporks in his eyes right now

servumtuum
10-09-11, 02:39 PM
And that play calling by Andy Reid at the end of the half was terrible. They should have taken the 3 and gone into the half.

Our friend Matt could probably add some "choice" observations on that topic.

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 02:40 PM
Matt/Who Del must be sticking sporks in his eyes right now

Our friend Matt could probably add some "choice" observations on that topic.

Haha, the 2 of us are truly great minds :)

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 02:47 PM
Wow. I almost pity FOX next weekend. Cowboys vs Patriots? Who are they gonna slurp the most? Kinda like Sophie's Choice for them, I would imagine...

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 02:49 PM
Wow. I almost pity FOX next weekend. Cowboys vs Patriots ? Who are they gonna slurp the most? Kinda like Sophie's Choice for them, I would imagine...

After the Detroit game last week, I'd say they lean towards the Pats, for sure.

The media is starting to get tired of the Cowboys making the media look like fools

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 02:53 PM
I am sure Torain, Hightower and Helu are watching this Buffalo game licking their chops. The Eagles run D is horrible. They are playing out of position, taking poor angles and missing a load of tackles.

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 02:58 PM
I am sure Torain, Hightower and Helu are watching this Buffalo game licking their chops. The Eagles run D is horrible. They are playing out of position, taking poor angles and missing a load of tackles.

On the flip side, we have to play the Bills eventually.... :) ....... :(

Who woulda thunk before the season that the Bills game would end up becoming the apparent tougher game of those 2 ?

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 03:01 PM
Bills now up 28-7. Just ran a wildcat TD at the goal line. Eagles just got abused on that drive. Almost like their Offensive Line coach couldn't come up the nexessary defensive adjustments.

Burgundy Burner
10-09-11, 03:06 PM
Bwaahahahahahahahaha.

Nightmare Team.

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 03:08 PM
Bills now up 28-7. Just ran a wildcat TD at the goal line. Eagles just got abused on that drive.

Abused and insulted at the same time - isn't the Wildcat supposed to be the Eagles specialty ? So kind of ironic that the Bills rub in a taste of the Eagles' own medicine.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 03:15 PM
Abused and insulted at the same time - isn't the Wildcat supposed to be the Eagles specialty ? So kind of ironic that the Bills rub in a taste of the Eagles' own medicine.

Yep, they looked completely confused on that one, like they had no idea what might happen.

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 03:28 PM
With all the talk about the Redskins having the worst QB situation in the league, how about the Seahawks ??
I'd say they rank at, or near, the bottom.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 03:34 PM
Whaddayamean? Tavaris is... yeah, well, OK. And Charlie Whitehurst is... yeah. OK two good points.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 03:38 PM
Eagles have pulled to within 10. Can their D provide the needed stops?

Boone
10-09-11, 03:44 PM
It's the Giants we need to lose - right now Philly is a non-factor in the NFC East.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 03:50 PM
We can still root for them to lose though, right? I hate those guys.

Giants will probably win unless Seattle gets a big play from somewhere. They have not been able to sustain drives without Tavaris today.

Did I just type that? WTF?

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 03:53 PM
It's the Giants we need to lose - right now Philly is a non-factor in the NFC East.

We can still root for them to lose though, right? I hate those guys.

Yes, it's too early in the season to stop pulling for the Eagles to lose.
We go against them until they're officially eliminated from the playoffs, which they are far from. The only exception is if the Giants and Eagles played each other.

Now looks like the Eagles are making a Lion-esque comeback.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 04:07 PM
...annnnddddd the Bills get their 5th TO of the game! Just when I was starting to worry a little.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 04:11 PM
....annnnnddddddd the VaGiants allow the Seahags to march down the field and score a TD to take the lead.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 04:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Boone
10-09-11, 04:17 PM
....annnnnddddddd the VaGiants allow the Seahags to march down the field and score a TD to take the lead.

And just marched down the field themselves on the verge of the winning score.

Boone
10-09-11, 04:19 PM
OMG

Eli doing his best Tony Romo impersonation. Throws the INT on the 5 yard line, returned for a Seahawks TD. Game. Over.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 04:19 PM
And then Cruz fumbled it away!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What a great day!

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 04:21 PM

and march down with an interception return for yet another TD which seals the loss for NY

Goal - that was an INT, not a fumble.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I mistyped. He kind of bobbled it up, but you're right, it was an INT.

servumtuum
10-09-11, 04:29 PM
I don't mean in any way to diminish what the Redskins have accomplished in team improvement...but...

The rest of the NFCE looks like crap. Dallas is the only team-other than us as a possible Wild Card (I'm still not comfortable with that level of optimism yet. Whew.)-that looks playoff-worthy.

Fear The Spear
10-09-11, 04:42 PM
Serv, if this pace keeps up, when was the last time there was this little competition in the NFC East ? I honestly can't remember in my lifetime, the last time the NFCE was NOT one of the toughest divisions in the League. It's about time we catch a break and get an easy division, like the Seahawks, who won their typically crappy division with a dismal 7-9 record last year.

Goaldeje
10-09-11, 05:21 PM
Yep, looking more and more like there will not be two playoff teams out of the East. Lots of time left, obviously and a lot can change, but for now, none of the teams impress me that much.

Burgundy Burner
10-09-11, 05:44 PM
What a glorious day. Nice weather outside. Plenty of sports on TV. Neighbors that are Giants fans seem upset. Neighbors that are Eagles fans are livid.

Yeah, life is good on this fine day. :)