• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Where can I find a year-by-year listing for the Ring of Fame?

stevejrogers

The Cheerleader
Reaction score
Everywhere I can find a listing of Ring of Fame honorees, its in alphabetical order, and no mentions of years inducted.

Looking at the Media Guide, several pages of "important dates" are missing, but it seems only certain year's inductees since 2000 are listed, and everyone since Beathard have their number of inductees listed (he was the 45th)

For some reason when I searched Google for "first ever inductees in Washington's Ring of Fame" came up with Riggins and Theismann in 1990...that doesn't sound right, shouldn't Sammy Baugh have been in a first Ring of Fame inductee ceremony, out of principle? IDK.

I attempted the google machine search myself, seems you can only find years of induction by individual player by some digging into Wiki and other articles. It does appear Joey T and Riggo were first in 90 but might make sense. Wasnt a thing before then. Was 31 years ago, seems commonplace today.

True, but Sammy was still alive at that point, and at the time his number was still the only one retired by the franchise. It wasn't a "lets honor two recent icons still living first" situation.

Eh, I guess what can you do. Sure Baugh wasn't chapped assed about it or anything as it could just have been a "who's available that weekend? ESPN is in town? Okay, Riggo and Joe!" sort of thing.

You could reach out to the team's PR department. They might have that readily available?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.