• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

What's the next shoe to drop in the Dan Snyder scandal?

What's the next shoe to drop on Dan Snyder?

• More NFL owners call for his ouster

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Former HC publicly call for Snyder's removal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oversight Committee report nails Snyder

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • AG of DC/MD/VA investigation reveals criminal offense

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Major sponsors walk

• NFL announces it will not waive debt waivers or assist Snyder in new stadium deal

• Another blockbuster article by ESPN or Washington Post

• Purported victim of sexual abuse by Snyder goes public

• Snyder announces he is putting team up for sale

• A new 'victim' comes forward with allegations involving Snyder

• Damning Mary Jo White report released

• Something else (please comment)

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
It seems like momentum is growing in the effort to remove Dan Snyder as owner of the Washington Commanders.

What will be the next big shoe to drop that pushes his ouster towards realization?

It's more owners coming forward or nothing. They have all the power here.

Sure, but every one of the other poll possibilities could weigh heavily on whether the owners act or start to move more in that direction. Loss of major sponsors (which I'll concede isn't likely until more comes out) would be a huge factor.

You are going to hate me, but…

I can’t think of a single thing that is going to spur the owners to take the team away from Snyder and by doing so establish a precedent that could threaten them as well some day. Maybe a release of personal communications espousing repugnant views toward one or more minority groups. Maybe.

I could see the denial of debt waiver extension being tried but Snyder could just stay in Landover. Whatever happens I forsee a long, expensive and ugly legal war to ensue that will take years to come to a conclusion.

Hard to argue, but sometimes history offers up a surprise or two…

I think, just due to certain compelling events (election), that the Congressional report is the next shoe.

While the election isn't a foregone conclusion, the committee can't really chance being shut down by a shift in power in the House so I think they drop whatever they have between now and the election.

I think, just due to certain compelling events (election), that the Congressional report is the next shoe.

While the election isn't a foregone conclusion, the committee can't really chance being shut down by a shift in power in the House so I think they drop whatever they have between now and the election.
Then what are they waiting for? What is taking so long? If they have something, present it.

Until I see something actually happen, which Irsay speaking out is a good next step, I think this will be just a media story. Which I’m all for the media continuing to apply pressure. That’s why I picked that answer.

Last edited:
AG of DC/MD/VA investigation reveals criminal offense
IMO, this about the only thing serious enough to get him ousted. May actually violate league policy, but not well versed on that stuff.

Another ESPN article with anonymous sources that can't be verified, I vote that

There’s a reason the sources refuse to be identified, and it’s probably not because they aren’t telling the truth. Take off your management glasses brother.

Espn is owned by ABC Disney, excuse me for being skeptical I mean didn't the BYU volleyball team non existence scandal they hyped for days tell ya much. Click bait news to me

Espn is owned by ABC Disney, excuse me for being skeptical I mean didn't the BYU volleyball team non existence scandal they hyped for days tell ya much. Click bait news to me
This article was written by award-winning, high-profile, respected journalists. Those are big guns just for click-bate, my friend.

Not to mention that Kiem contributed and put his name on it. He has a career to lose if there isn't something legit behind it.

The primary writer here is a Pulitzer Prize winner. So I think I’ll trust the story is essentially accurate. Goodell and the NFL has already acknowledged most of what’s in the article.

Snyder won't be removed. He will be a pariah who will be coerced into submission until he repays his debt.

Essentially, we'll be a development team and dumping ground all at once.

Do not be surprised if we sign many busts from FA and draft busts in the future.

Dotson's good, but we passed on a franchise QB to develop long before the draft....(Pickett)

Snyder won't be removed. He will be a pariah who will be coerced into submission.

Essentially, we'll be a development team and dumping ground all at once.

Do not be surprised if we sign many busts from FA and draft busts in the future.

Maybe. But we live in a different time. Not going to pretend it’s ’better’ in every respect. But things that were ‘okay’ 20 years ago no longer rightfully are. We evolve. Snyder hasn’t. And I still hold out hope he’s going to learn the hard way.

The primary writer here is a Pulitzer Prize winner. So I think I’ll trust the story is essentially accurate. Goodell and the NFL has already acknowledged most of what’s in the article.
They gave a pulitzer prize for Russia gate to the NYT which was false. Means nothing to me, like the Nobel which is handed out like a joke.

Maybe. But we live in a different time. Not going to pretend it’s ’better’ in every respect. But things that were ‘okay’ 20 years ago no longer rightfully are. We evolve. Snyder hasn’t. And I still hold out hope he’s going to learn the hard way.
The NFL has nothing to fear regarding sex scandals, crappy workplace; the media will cover for most people. Tyreek Hill has a reprehensible history but most don't know about it. The fans still pour money into the industry. Their main gripe was Snyder taking money from the other owners. The other owners will thus punish Snyder accordingly, which is to get their money back while also making Snyder powerless. A powerless pawn is desirable because that means one team drops out of the chase for Super Bowl and the other 31 can benefit manipulating the pawn.

Irsay doing his PR stunt might be a manipulation tactic. Something like "good cop, bad cop".

Washington fans have raised cynicism to an art form. SMDH

Me coming into this thread now:

25B493B2-15FA-4E00-B69E-8F928CFF6C44.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.