• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Wentz-O-Meter: Week 4 at Dallas

Rate Wentz in Week 4

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 37.5%

Votes: 4 50.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Boone

The Commissioner
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Military Branch
Marine Corps
Alma Mater
Virginia
wentzometer81422.png

Although perhaps today's Wentz performance was technically no more inept than what we witnessed in Week 3, our BGO Supercomputer punished the QB dropping him into 'Code Red' territory for the first time this season with a woeful 2.8 score.

Wentz wasn't able to break out of the 50's on completion percentage today. While he did do a better job of getting the ball out of his hands, and was helped to an extent by a bigger commitment to the rushing game, he was mostly inaccurate with the ball. Sacked just twice, he was pressured most of the day and seemed to have no answer. He did muster a very good drive to put Washington in unfamiliar territory - actually leading on the scoreboard - but it was a fleeting positive. For the 3rd week in a row, Wentz got zero help either from his OL or from the impact players on the offense. Good drives were ended as much by Washington's own mental mistakes as by the Dallas defense. Add in 2 INTs thrown by Wentz today, his general inability to get the offense going, and his inaccuracy when he did throw the ball - and he was as big a part of the problem today as anyone. Once again, the offense totally wasted what was a generally gutsy performance by the defense.

Wentz' score dropped for the 3rd straight week. If Turner and the offensive coaches can't find a way to protect Wentz and put together a gameplan that takes advantage of what he can do well, this team may not win 4 games in 2022.

1664743440513.png

The throw to Dotson was great resulting in it being a 2.... 1 is the lowest grade....

Granted, my response is just hours removed from the actual game, but I am going with a 1 for the second straight week. Wentz was touted and sold by this front office as being the missing piece that was going to allow us to take a major leap forward in 2022. Unfortunately, he appears to be another player that requires super-good insulation from the rest of the team around him in order to have any sort of success.

In what is supposed to be the most sacred game on Washington's calendar, against their biggest arch rival, he laid another egg, and we plummeted to 0-2 in the division. We have managed to dig a huge hole for ourselves and are a minimum of 2 games behind every single teaming our division only 4 weeks into the season. You can't make this type of stuff up.

I didn't want to say anything in chat today, but down 15-10 with a few minutes left in the 3rd and the D hanging in there, that would have been as good a time as ever to see if Taylor could have sparked the team, especially considering the difficulties up front and his ability to move around a bit. Unfortunately, it feels as though the staff wants to not hurt Carson's feelings and not try to show any urgency to win at all costs.

Granted, my response is just hours removed from the actual game, but I am going with a 1 for the second straight week. Wentz was touted and sold by this front office as being the missing piece that was going to allow us to take a major leap forward in 2022. Unfortunately, he appears to be another player that requires super-good insulation from the rest of the team around him in order to have any sort of success.

In what is supposed to be the most sacred game on Washington's calendar, against their biggest arch rival, he laid another egg, and we plummeted to 0-2 in the division. We have managed to dig a huge hole for ourselves and are a minimum of 2 games behind every single teaming our division only 4 weeks into the season. You can't make this type of stuff up.

I didn't want to say anything in chat today, but down 15-10 with a few minutes left in the 3rd and the D hanging in there, that would have been as good a time as ever to see if Taylor could have sparked the team, especially considering the difficulties up front and his ability to move around a bit. Unfortunately, it feels as though the staff wants to not hurt Carson's feelings and not try to show any urgency to win at all costs.

I don't think it's just about hurting Wentz's feelings.

If Rivera replaces Wentz in the 4th game of the season, he is essentially admitting that he is absolutely atrocious as a GM. And he is. It's about nothing more than Rivera's pride now.

So Rivera would rather live with his mistake than try to save his job, by replacing Wentz with Heinicke for the rest of the season.

The reason Wentz will not be removed is to give Indy the better pick.

We can score less than 17 for the rest of the season and Wentz will never leave the starting QB spot.

They are no longer the Redskins. There is no rivalry.

Rivera is a mediocre GM. And he hired familiar mediocre faces to work in the front office as stalking horses.

Chase Young is set to miss half the season and you don’t add any rushers?

Jamin Davis? Looks like a bust as a #1 pick. Perhaps he will develop into an NFL regular over time but an impact pro bowler? Odds aren’t good we will see that kind of return.

Taking on all of Wentz’s $28M salary for 2022? Not when giving up multiple picks. Rivera should have reduced the offer if we had to take on all of the money to the cap. Let’s be honest - Wentz is on a one year trial.

The response to the Colts should have been there are more fish in the sea. Wentz is not going to morph into Josh Allen.

I thought that would be an issue from the start....

If they actually cared about knowledge of the system...then just tossing Kyle Allen out there would have opened that up or even Cam Newton.

Lol, Rivera really let Derek Anderson be the backup in Carolina for years...Maybe he just likes them big-armed, inaccurate, and just outright bad....

So that would be a no then? Got it.

That's concerning to me. You're talking about an experienced QB who you are paying $28 million a year and you don't trust him to read a defense at the line and change the call if it's warranted? That reeks of arrogance and a control freak mentality and may be part of the reason we are struggling on offense.

That's concerning to me. You're talking about an experienced QB who you are paying $28 million a year and you don't trust him to read a defense at the line and change the call if it's warranted? That reeks of arrogance and a control freak mentality and may be part of the reason we are struggling on offense.
Just leads to me further confirm my belief that Wentz was taken not because they like or wanted him, but exigent circumstances made him come to Washington. I mean...Rivera studied him in depth for film study in 2020.

Just leads to me further confirm my belief that Wentz was taken not because they like or wanted him, but exigent circumstances made him come to Washington. I mean...Rivera studied him in depth for film study in 2020.
Previous coaches are quoted as loving his ability to read a defense pre-snap and change the play at the line though. If true, seems maybe we are wasting one of his best attributes.

Previous coaches are quoted as loving his ability to read a defense pre-snap and change the play at the line though. If true, seems maybe we are wasting one of his best attributes.
This brings up another question. Who was the last free agent signing that was brought in because they are a good fit? It seems like we are always complaining about how they bring in guys that don't "fit" or who have skills that aren't properly utilized. We are saying it with Jackson, we said it with Norman. McNabb may have been a prick when he was here, but the coaches tried to force him to do what they wanted instead of utilizing what he did best. Going back years in the past, Haynesworth, Wilkenson, Stubblefield. Even Portis changed his body and running style to go from a one cut zone guy to a more power style under Gibbs. I know a lot of that has to do with instability in the organization, but it always seems a guy is brought in to do something the coaches want instead of the coaches getting the best out of the player.

So that would be a no then? Got it.

Man, it's like they listen to our podcast..

This is a massive deal. Not allowing Wentz to change the play at the line is just more of predictable offense because you can't counter the defense to take advantage of their alignment... again, I ask... are we actually setting the offense up to succeed.

This is a red flag regardless of who is under center BTW... it will limit ANYBODY

I can’t believe they didn’t delve a lot more into that yesterday. What?!!! He doesn’t have the authority to audible and change plays? I’m surprised Wentz would accept that. To me, that’s a sit down with Turner and Rivera where you make it clear you need some in-game latitude.

I can’t believe they didn’t delve a lot more into that yesterday. What?!!! He doesn’t have the authority to audible and change plays? I’m surprised Wentz would accept that. To me, that’s a sit down with Turner and Rivera where you make it clear you need some in-game latitude.

well at the risk of getting Jim Irsay all wound up again, I'll double down that this is another example of how Wentz is clearly not being set up to succeed. He's restricted by the offensive game plan. ANY QB will be. s

"trying to get off fast"

That tells me the call isn't getting in on time and we are rushing to snap the ball before the play clock reaches 0. That's on coaching.

If we aren't able to change the cadence to pull the D offsides or fool them with a quick snap we may as well give up. Same goes for changing the play at the line. If you see Parsons lined up on the left, run to the right!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.