• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Watch this, it makes me feel 100 percent better about our passing game this season

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
With Haskins showing signs of improvement, watching this and seeing all the yards we left on the table, and seeing that we likely don't need to find a #1 rec but a #2 and 3 and we might have found them in the draft, this could be a fun year. I said Mclaurin was the best rookie WR in the league and some people laughed at me, but this video suggests I was not wrong

Nice find--gracias.

Some quick thoughts ....

- We haven't had a guy defenses are forced to double/roll coverage to for a while ... Terry is going to draw double-coverage from teams w/o a "shut-down" corner, and force coverages to roll his way. Should open things up elsewhere.

- All of that, and from all indications a model citizen. It can be done!

- Not gonna fit him for a gold jacket or anything just yet, but what Redskins receiver from our history had all the attributes we saw from Terry last year? Monk had the routes, the hands, the character, but not that game-breaking speed. Clark had a nice combo of fearlessness, toughness in traffic, good hands, but again, not that speed, and I'm not sure his route-running was ever considered particularly standout. Charlie Taylor? Bobby Mitchell? Hard to say w/o having a chance to watch them in high-definition replay and film breakdown. I can only go on limited old highlight reels.

Point being ... Terry showed a helluva lot as a rookie, on an awful team, and seems to have it all. Maybe the Redskins will actually have a little luck come their way for a change, and this guy will have a chance to play a few years in burgundy and gold with good coaching, solid QB play, and (say it quietly) good health.

Please.

Prior to the draft, I was thinking he might come back down to Earth in 2020 - simply because he's now a known threat and would likely get more defensive attention in his sophomore campaign. But with Harmon and Sims coming on at the end of last season, and the addition of AGG and Gibson, he may start where he left off. Going to be fun to watch, especially with a more creative and pass oriented OC running the show.

If Haskins gets some rhythm going and real pro chemistry with McLaurin it is going to be lights out.

if they DO decide to double McLaurin (which they should), we have other good weapons now that are going to keep defenses honest and not be able to stack the box. ideally we could be balanced and have big threats.

but, our OL and QB are key.

for me the big thing was how many yards he left on the field due to just terrible throws, even on the ones he caught he was often prevented from getting good yac because of just bad throws, with better qb play and some more players taking some heat off him, he could be special

Reactions: Om
Case Keenum missed on a number of those long ball opportunities early on. McLaurin could have finished with 1,300 yards with a good experienced qb.

The real crime though was starting Trey Quinn and getting nothing out of him before Sims Jr. finally got on the field.

Barring a miracle I’d bet Quinn’s time as a redskin is done.

It's ScaryTerry that really gives me hope for the future for this offense.

We know that he SHOULD have chemistry with Haskins, as they've played together before. And the skills he shows aren't flash-in-the-pan. I don't think what he showed as a rookie is fluke at all.

I feel like our offense is limited by the O-Line and the TE position (which is still terrible!). I think between Terry and some of the other new guys last year we could have a young, but pretty good WR corps.
Haskins showed progress at the end of last year, and seems like he's all in this year. I don't think the coaching staff were invested in him last year, and I think he reciprocated that feeling to an extent. This year with a clean slate I think we'll see a different Haskins.

If Terry can keep producing like a #1, if our RB's can stay healthy and if our O-line can be at least competent, I think it'll make Haskins year 2 transition easier. We COULD have a very underrated offense if things pan out right.

I did say COULD! LOL

Reactions: Om

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.