• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Training Camp discussion thread

Threw this article up over in the update thread but wanted to put it here with something that jumps out at me and gets me really excited

Beyond that, Washington has a ton of options and what looks like a very creative play-caller in Scott Turner. Coming up with real expectations for the Washington backfield seems harder this year than most in recent history.

Rookie Antonio Gibson will be a major factor. In fact it wouldn't be a shock if he ends up with the most touches of any back in the group. Not carries, but touches.

RELATED: GIBSON 'LOVING' THE WAY HE'S USED ON OFFENSE

Expect to see him on the field with J.D. McKissic. A lot. That two-back set seems quite popular during two weeks of training camp and the versatility of both players could create headaches for opposing defenses. Both guys can catch the ball out of the backfield and run, make a guy miss and flash speed. And Gibson can also run guys over.

"I’m always watching him because he’s that type of player that I want to be. We’ve kind of got similar skillsets," Gibson said of McKissic. "I feel like he’s a little bit quicker than me, and I’m a little bit bigger, taller. That’s the type of player I feel like I am. I see a lot that I do when he’s doing it. I’m always watching what he does and learning from him. I feel like we could be a problem."

This jumps off the page. Something Boone has talked about this offseason with our Hybrid RBs being true weapons. All of last year i got frustrated that we didn't see more 2 back sets with AP and CT when he was healthy. The 2 back set used to be a staple, but it's rarely seen anymore. Now its 11 or 12 personnel. With McKissic and Gibson, you can come out in any package you want and move them around based on the matchup.

Yeah... I think Scott Turner is salivating at the idea of having two speedy, physical hybrid RBs in the game at the same time :) This is going to be a fun thing to watch develop. We may go from being the most predictable offense in the NFL to one of the least predictable in a single season.

Kendall Fuller missing practice again... no bueno. Starting to get legit concerned.

They may just be maximizing rest to ensure he’s ready for the opener - or that could be wishful thinking?

They may just be maximizing rest to ensure he’s ready for the opener - or that could be wishful thinking?

Thats what Rivera said... and he's not battling for a roster spot (or even a depth chart position) so that's very possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.