• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Taylor Heinicke - Thank you to the fans

SilentThreat

Ring of Fame
Staff member
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
Straight from his mouth. Despite the endorsement of moving on, that doesn't change the last couple years. How beloved he has been here. How much he has been rooted for, and how truly appreciated he is by the vast majority of this fanbase.

Taylor Heinicke vs Tampa.jpg
Taylor Heinicke vs Dallas.jpg
Taylor Heinicke vs Buffalo.jpg

Honestly, this guy is probably my favorite Washington QB. Not the best. Not the most successful. But my fave.
i wish he’d had the physical tools to match his character and spirit. But then if he did, he’d probably never ended up in a Washington uniform.
Not gonna lie, gonna miss him being on the team.

Yeah, Knight. If Heinicke was lucky enough to have Sam Howell’s arm we’d probably believe we’d found our guy. The question now is whether Howell has any of the qualities that made so many of us love Heinicke? I think he might…

Should have never let him go.....

Good for Taylor letting out his feelings and thanking the fans. I hope he does well in Atlanta if he gets a chance, except for one game next year. The guy fights his guts out and gives it all he has.

Was a wild ride, glad to see he enjoyed it as much as we did but as with all things change is inevitable at some point.

Yeah, Knight. If Heinicke was lucky enough to have Sam Howell’s arm we’d probably believe we’d found our guy. The question now is whether Howell has any of the qualities that made so many of us love Heinicke. I think he might…

I suspect he may.

I think Heineke's intangibles were born from his struggles just to get to the field. As he said in his letter to the fans, he knows his limitations, knows who he is, and what he brings to the table. I thought one of the most telling parts of that letter was when he said how he felt before that Tampa playoff game. The Eff It attitude. Just lay it all on the field. I think there are a lot of players who preach that, but not many who actually follow through. We have a few of them. Allen and McLaurin to name two.

Looking at Howell, I wonder if there's a chip on his shoulder from being selected in the 5th round when he had been projected by some to go much earlier. Kind of reminds me a little bit of Cousin's attitude when he ascended to the QB1 spot. There was a fair bit of a chip on his shoulder due to his being drafted behind Griffin. I liked Cousins...but never really loved him. I think Howell may just combine some of Howell's intangibles, with the chip-on-his-shoulder attitude of a fifth-rounder, and the arm of a top-tier QB.

I'm really hoping we have a diamond in the rough that will polish up nicely over the next couple of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.