• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Official Game Thread - Week 6 - Kansas City @ Washington

Great points Kel, Turner doesn’t help matters one iota in calling or preparing the game. He’s one of MANY horrible OC’s this team has had that is oblivious to a ground game. Bringing in Turner is also on Ron, and his Panther North movement.

Averaging 5 ypc today and only called 19 total runs. Especially when your defense has folded every week so far, it’s mind boggling

Heinicke's OC doesn't do him any favors.

Is Heinicke limited? Sure.
But Scott Turner doesn't act like he is and schemes the offense that way. It would be akin to Joe Gibbs designing an RPO offense for Mark Rypien.

If this team had a good OC, the offense would be run based to take pressure off Heinicke and play to the offensive personnel's strength, running the ball.
Then you take timely shots with Heinicke based on down and distance, actually try and control the LOS, eat clock and limit a struggling defense by keeping them off the field.
Scott Turner understands none of this. He sees no big picture when making a gameplan and it's why this offense will never amount to much unless the light bulb flicks on for him or he gets released.

It's my opinion that they need to move on from him. Besides, if they do tank out and get lucky enough to draft a top talent at Qb, do you really trust Scott Turner to develop him? He can't even read the personnel he's got now.

The defense gave up 500+ yards.

The offense scored 13 points on the lowest ranked defense in the entire league.

Neither side deserves to not be blamed for a full 50%.

Heinicke's OC doesn't do him any favors.

Is Heinicke limited? Sure.
But Scott Turner doesn't act like he is and schemes the offense that way. It would be akin to Joe Gibbs designing an RPO offense for Mark Rypien.

If this team had a good OC, the offense would be run based to take pressure off Heinicke and play to the offensive personnel's strength, running the ball.
Then you take timely shots with Heinicke based on down and distance, actually try and control the LOS, eat clock and limit a struggling defense by keeping them off the field.
Scott Turner understands none of this. He sees no big picture when making a gameplan and it's why this offense will never amount to much unless the light bulb flicks on for him or he gets released.

It's my opinion that they need to move on from him. Besides, if they do tank out and get lucky enough to draft a top talent at Qb, do you really trust Scott Turner to develop him? He can't even read the personnel he's got now.

I agree Turner is a bigger problem than Henicke. I've felt all year like he has been trying to prove his coaching can turn a guy off the street into an NFL QB. It's similar to how I feel watching Sean Payton trying to make Taysom Hill a QB. Coaches sometimes they can do whatever they want based on their genius. Payton actually has a track record and a super bowl and a lot of success. So he gets some leeway. What has Turner done?

A 2-7 start last year felt a lot different than 2-4 this year.

Granted, they both had their share of ugliness, but we kind of expected it as part of a long-term building project a season ago.

This year is way more concerning. This looks more like an exercise in regression with no end in sight.

The 7-9 record was fool's gold. The fact that the other NFC East teams sucked so badly that it was a good enough record for a division title made it even more deceptive. This was and is a team that is simply neither constructed nor coached to be competitive in today's NFL.

Last edited:
What is making this season so far, more difficult to comprehend in my mind is what happened to the defense?? Has anyone been able to figure it out, I know our secondary woes aren't helping but our vaunted pass rush just blows. Do the players not care? Has the Rivera and company lost the team already? I get the offensive struggles, we have a QB with limited experience and an OC who hasn't seen sunlight all season due his head being so far up his derriere but I cannot begin to fathom why our defense looks like hot garbage every week. The fact we have two wins at this point seems miraculous.

Missing Ronald Darby right now.. Jackson III imo was horrible yesterday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
We are all excited to experience the announcement of draft selections IN REAL TIME TOGETHER. If you feel the need to be the first to 'blurt out' the team's picks you are better off staying out of chat and sticking to Twitter. Please refrain from announcing/discussing our picks until the official announcement has been made at the podium. Thanks!

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.