• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

New Ownership - what are the top priorities?

New ownership top priority is...?

• Rename the team

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Hire an accomplished/promising GM

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Clean house of coaches/executives

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Secure new stadium deal

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Publishing/addressing findings of Mary Jo White report

• Find a franchise QB

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Rebrand with new logos/uniforms

• Lower ticket and game day prices

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Major fan outreach/engagement

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Update/upgrade practice and training facilities

• Something else (please comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ since they are spending $40 million but themed suites and ‘updated branding imagery’ are not things any fan is pining for…

Why did we stop using the Redskins font? It was very unique even if it wasn't for that name.

They need to fix the infrastructure of that stadium first and foremost. Plumbing, turf, seats, etc. Then let's worry about the luxuries.

I don’t want to be ‘that guy’ since they are spending $40 million but themed suites and ‘updated branding imagery’ are not things any fan is pining for…
My guess is this is the easy stuff Harris and team can do before the season.

I’ll push back on that a little bit because it’s revisionist history from Al. I know when Snyder first bought the team, he did put a lot into improving the stadium before becoming a slumlord to the league dump. The stadium wasn’t complete when he bought the team. Among other things, he added escalators, redid the interior of the field, which was all green at first, he added seats (legit seats at first), and then added dream seats which on field seats are now a staple of new stadiums stadiums. The problem is that most of those renovations were 20 years ago. Dream seats, maybe 15 years ago. He also did a ton of other stupid stuff (obstructed view seats) with the stadium before completely neglecting even the simple stuff like plumbing and railings.

I say all of that to say that what Harris is starting with is not enough. He has to contribute to improve the stadium for as long as they are there. I believe that he will, but I don’t want him to stop here. Every year we should be hearing about improvements in addition to fixing the mess from the previous slumlord.

It’s also not the first time that the video boards were updated either, is it?

While yes, Harris and co likely had nothing to do with the video boards, the bigger point is that those upgrades were made well after Snyder had started down the road of selling the team. If he was still in place, it's not a guarantee that those upgrades would have been made (or the 'upgrade' would have been underwhelming). It wasn't until he was essentially done writing the checks that someone made the decision to pony up for this stuff.

We're literally in the process of looking for a new stadium location. $40 million is a substantial investment. I would have to think the short term nature of Fed Ex as home to the club is going to limit what they are willing to pour into it. That seems reasonable to me.

Plus, it has to be challenging to make a lot of changes during the season.

Pizza Happy Crying GIF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.