• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Laron Landry Out Again. Pay Him, Or Let Him Walk?

Landry going on IR:

RickMaeseRick Maese
LaRon Landry is going on IR, Shanahan confirms

ryanohalloranRyan O'Halloran
Landry will need Achilles surgery. Will be put on IR.

Achilles surgery eh? That could limit his role in 2012 or miss the season altogether.

I don't know, BB. The Achilles isn't torn, so that may bode well for his return in 2012. Whether or not that is a return with the Redskins remains to be seen, of course.

A one year, incentive heavy deal would be the likely approach.

If another team wants to offer him the moon, we let him walk. Since he can't run.

I think Landry himself got it right in the WP article.

He needs a one year deal to prove himself. The bigger problem with Landry is that it's not just the injuries, but his play has always been about potential except for one really great 8 yard stretch last year and his rookie year.

The bigger problem with Landry is that it's not just the injuries, but his play has always been about potential except for one really great 8 yard stretch last year and his rookie year.
Yeah, he got more mileage out of 8 yards than....

Wait a minute. That's unpossible!

I don't know, BB. The Achilles isn't torn, so that may bode well for his return in 2012. Whether or not that is a return with the Redskins remains to be seen, of course.

Word has it that it will take seven months at a minimum to heal. He could return by late July or early August and that is under the best scenario.

I think Landry himself got it right in the WP article.

He needs a one year deal to prove himself. The bigger problem with Landry is that it's not just the injuries, but his play has always been about potential except for one really great 8 yard stretch last year and his rookie year.
Yeah, he got more mileage out of 8 yards than....

Wait a minute. That's unpossible!

:laugh: Ax, I think he meant 8 game. But I expect you know that. :cool4:

Oh I agree. It's looks pretty damn stupid to be talking **** to someone who just picked up a 1st down. If his results on the field matched his results in the weight room, we'd hang on to him for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.