• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Interesting Jalen Ramsey Rumour from Twitter

Rymanofthenorth

BGObsessed
Reaction score
I live in the warmest city in the coldest provinc
Alma Mater
UTEP
apparently ramsey is a redskins fan and he liked a pic of him in a redskins jersey.

Now I know thats not a lot to go on but its enough for me dammnit lol, he would bring a topflight man corner to a team that has a great front four, he is a free agent next year but that just means his trade value is lower this year as he has a deal expiring. franchise corners are rare, ramsey with a good DC? is a franchise level corner.

Rivera dropped Norman when he was at the top of his game, why would you think he'd bring an even bigger head case to DC when he's trying to cement his legacy?

As an alum of FSU I have watched this kid for years. he is something special, but the kid is a malcontent. I do not see Rivera wanting to pay him the top CB money he will demand.

If we're going to dream, let's hope that San Diego does not extend Derwin James in the off-season and in 2 years bring him in to reunite that tandem making our defense the #1 in the NFL so we can make a Super Bowl run with Aaron Rodgers at QB in his swan song season.

I liked a pic on Instagram, too, once LOL

If I'm not mistaken he is under contract with Sean McVay and the Lams. It will be interesting to see if Sean bites on this drama with his known hatred of the team.

I liked a pic on Instagram, too, once LOL

If I'm not mistaken he is under contract with Sean McVay and the Lams. It will be interesting to see if Sean bites on this drama with his known hatred of the team.
McVay hates the Skins?

Ramsey has one year left on his current contract if I read sources correctly. Everything available suggests he wants to stay in LA, unless of course you're of the mindset that because he liked a tweet of him in a Skins uniform, it means he's coming to DC.

To Ryan's credit, he did acknowledge how ridiculous it was to infer anything from Ramsey's reaction to the tweets, just excited at the prospect of having a true shut down corner.

like I said , its a twitter rumour lol, but there are a few things, 1- the rams have been shedding big contracts all offseason, ramsey is in the last year of a contract and they could probably be convinced into trading a guy who they are going to lose in a year anyway. if we made them a deal they might bite and ramsey might be willing to sign a deal based on being part of a great defence and bringing pride back to dc. if he is in fact a skins fan who knows. remember nobody except people who really follow college football thought we would get collins either. and yes derwin james would be a dream addition lol.

I am just hoping we still try to gran worford and maybe peters, yes they are older but if we dont sign long term deals, we might be able to bridge the next 2 seasons without being really bad, this could be a reasonable turnaround.

Different cases.

Rivera didn’t want to pay a zone corner like Norman $16M a year, that doesn’t necessarily mean a true cover corner would not be of some interest.

I also think they screwed the pooch tactically in the Norman case, misjudged how willing he was to go elsewhere and how quickly an alternative deal might be worked out. I'm not so sure they were unwilling to work something out, just miscalculated what another team was willing to offer him and never got a chance to compete with that offer.

I think letting Norman walk was addition through subtraction.

I think his signing, considered some 'mega-steal' at the time, represents TWO historical Redskins failings.

First of all, overpaying for a veteran FA.
Secondly, signing guys on the downside of their careers based on previous accomplishments.

using free agency properly means not spending insane amounts on guys who are past their prime hall of famers, but on spending intelligently on pieces you need, who are still young enough that their best days are ahead of them not behind them thats where we always went wrong, the one time we did do it right was with haynesworth and fletcher and only one of those turned out good. we got one decent season out of haynesworth before he checked out completely, we got several good seasons out of fletcher. but it could be argued that making promises to haynesworth about how he would be used, and then breaking them, led to him basically becoming a terrible signing

apparently ramsey is a redskins fan and he liked a pic of him in a redskins jersey.

Now I know thats not a lot to go on but its enough for me dammnit lol, he would bring a topflight man corner to a team that has a great front four, he is a free agent next year but that just means his trade value is lower this year as he has a deal expiring. franchise corners are rare, ramsey with a good DC? is a franchise level corner.

[/QUOTE
He probably just likes everything he’s see’s I saw the post myself and yeah having Jalen Ramsey on the Redskins would be huge what I feel the Redskins should do is go for the offensive line and yeah maybe they could get someone good in the draft but let’s be real the offensive line is the worst part about the team so they gotta build the offensive line and maintain the outstanding defense that this team has at the same time which this team in the past could not do

Hey Sammy, just hit reply to a post and it will quote it for you. All you have to do is type your reply and submit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.