• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Help with new family member! (Puppy ahead!)

Knightingale

The Team Captain
BGO Ownership Group
Reaction score
So, last weekend we welcomed a new family member. Meet Lyssa!

1662556310688.jpeg

she’s a 11 week old Border Collie.
we’ve had dogs and cats before, but puppies are new. Traditionally we’ve rescued, but thought that it was a better tactic to bring in a puppy this time so it can be raised with our other older dog and cats.

any advice for dealing with a teething Border Collie puppy? I’m sure one of you must have wisdom to impart!

I'd avoid rawhides as much as possible. They don't always digest right and can hurt a pup

Hard rubber bone chew toys
Larger femur bone
Anything it can't break by chewing..
Basically hard rubber

Might want to try a full sized carrot, it's enough for them to gnaw on and it'll digest well, however not all dogs will eat a carrot. I've had two that loved them and 2 that would sniff at it and look at me like I'd lost my damn mind

Down here pig ears are popular but I have no idea if they are safe and good for a pup…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.