• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Hein-O-Meter: Week 7 vs. Packers

Rate Heinicke in Week 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 18.8%

Votes: 4 25.0%

Votes: 6 37.5%

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
I'm giving a 6 only because we won, we could've been blown out in the first half if we didn't finally have some luck. Also, we tried and effectively ran the ball something that has been lacking which also allowed Heinicke some time to breathe. Heinicke's arm worries me anytime I see an out route.

Tale of two halves. First half (2 out of 10.) Second half (7 out of 10)
Averages to a 4.5 which is probably too low.

Those two pick 6s hurt really bad and almost cost us. But, he made plays Wentz never could make now with his feet. He should be able to build off of that for a little while at least.

So many would fold after his start which could easily be attributed to rust. Heinicke is a tough competitor. That is the immeasurable that you want in a quarterback.

I have never doubted Heinicke's heart. Only his talent.

Well, we have that issue with both quarterbacks.

Wentz seems to have limited talent. He can throw the ball 70 yards in the air but since Week 2 how many of those passes have we seen?

He throws ridiculous interceptions like the one against Tennessee where you are wondering what he is looking at on the field on a down where he could have just thrown it away and come back with a better play on second down.

And to be honest it seems to me he just doesn't have a high football IQ - he continues to make the same mental process errors he has in not protecting the ball.

I think it's fair to say something is wrong with Wentz. He strikes me as someone who may struggle with anxiety. Being an NFL QB is an ultra-tough gig. The amount of scrutiny, criticism, and vitriole a starting QB faces is beyond the pale. He seems to be a guy who could be a difference-maker if he could just set aside the criticism and go out there and perform to his God-given abilities. But when something bad happens, it just seems to snowballl.

I actually feel bad for him because it seems like it's something he can't ultimately overcome. He's a very talented QB and it's a shame he may not be able to consistently show that more positive side.

He had noticeable mobility and escapability despite being a tall, big guy in 2017 in Philly and a bit in 2019 as well.

But it appears that first knee injury and the second injury to the achilles has robbed him of that aspect of his game.

Without the mobility he is too easily a target in the pocket. Yes, the offensive line went through 3-4 games where it was clearly compromised but Wentz himself was exposed as a guy that simply wouldn't or couldn't get the ball out quickly with his first read or throw it away.

He took killer sacks that ended drives. If I didn't know he was 29 years old, I would have thought he was a 35 or 36 year old veteran out there.

Here is the video of all of Taylor’s throws. Without breaking down every throw, the one thing I noticed is he threw most of his passes off his back foot. Some where necessary because of the pressure, but others were not. What is the QB coach teaching these guys? 2 QBs on the roster and both throw mostly off their back foot? Is this what they are being taught?

I give him a 6 for this week. He did a great job taking the underneath that was available. Both TD passes were great throws. The INT and a few of the other early passes were terrible. But in the end, they won and he made plays and throws to help them win.

I gave him a 6.

I love Heineke, but that first half. Oooof!

The second half though, Wahooo!

So that would have given him a 5, but I figured he had some nerves and needed to settle in the first half, so I gifted him an extra point. :D

He was hardly ‘in command throughout’ - did he even watch the game?

I saw him throwing off his back foot as our OL was just ran over every time they snapped the ball.

Well, you make a good point. It’s easier to have proper setup/mechanics when blocking is good and there’s a stable pocket. That’s not something any of our guys have consistently had this season.

I gave him a 6. It was pretty much what I expected from him given what we know. A gunslinger with a big heart. That first half was awful with him constantly throwing behind people. Not a ton of zip on the ball some of that is due to what you guys mention above...he still throws a lot off his back foot. I'm surprised that hasn't changed since last year. He should have had two turnovers with that fumble only being called back because the NFL is emphasizing that call this year.

That being said, the team clearly gets energized with him in there and he never gives up. His scrambling ability helps ...although it sure felt like to me the offensive line did a better job than they had in the last few games. I don't remember Taylor having to dodge a defender as soon as he got to look down the field. And the line played well enough to give him a running game so the defender's ears weren't pinned back.

The players love him
The crowd loves him

He's very well loved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.